Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrtyDevil

a section for restrictions only

would like to suggest a section just for restrictions so its not just your word vs the mods either and so when you violate them you cant say i didnt know or i forgot because it is right there in front of your face on forums...

and it can't be a set up or lie just to bann you either like what happened to me (my word vs anothers word)

Edited by DrtyDevil

lol, you're kidding right?

Edit at Learner's request:

In my opinion it should be your own responsibility to remember what was discussed between yourself and the mod team. Not the EL team's fault that you changed computers, or moved places, or that your ficus died and too part of your memories with it.

In addition to that, the bans forum section has all that, but if you create endless amounts of topics and get some of them deleted, you're kind of just gonna end up confusing yourself.

Edited by Dilly

He's not kidding, but you should at least try to post something more as to why you think what you say. After all this is under Suggestions so discussion about why's or building on it is more important here then in some other areas of the forums.

Also it is a bad idea because it is not anybody else's business what restrictions are in place for who.

I will note there are the occasional exceptions to this when a person is on them because of extreme harm to the game/playerbase as a whole and it is my opinion that everyone needs to know what to watch for. However that is usually covered in bans.

That said, Dilly has a point about some issues drowned in spam but that's their own fault.

crazy idea i know.

- make a system where you make an account first

- use the account to log in to game and make a character

- ability to recover password from account website

- bans/restrictions are notified on account when given

- COMMON SENSE IS VICTORIOUS

Ok i am for Moderators having their own Part of the forums where they can post if they have imposed a restriction on a certain player best with a possible chatlog excerpt where they have that put down. This is especially usefull should a moderator out of any reason decide not to play anymore. with such an forum, his ruling will stay on. The Offender who got talked to, well it is his responsibility to read, and understand what a moderator told him. If the English is not good enough, they should let it get translated, if the brain is not good enough to remember, they need to make themselves notes, and not let the said go through one ear to the others.

I do not have a need to see all the talk mods have with banned or restrained people, it is sometimes entertainingly sad to read it, especially if a player shows his true side in his posts, but It is not mine nor anyone else business how they rule in the case by case based rulings. They are for all purposes policeman and judges in personal union. Even with a small hierarchy for complains. Thats why i think such a forum should be restricted to mods only.

Oh wait i was told Moderators have their own part on forums that you and i normal people cannot access. So i think this is obsolete then.

Maybe the public humiliation of having the info easily and readily available could help in some cases.

I think it would be good for the entire EL base to see who has what restrictions.

The player base would be able to see what restrictions are in place and call a player out on it if he is violating his terms.

It could be similar to "Neighbourhood Watch" or "Citizens on Patrol".

Nobody would have to review their logs to see what restrictions they have in place that they "forgot" about and there wouldnt be 3 or 4 new threads created to cover what one post in the "Restrcitions" forum would take care of.

Edit at Learner's request:

In my opinion it should be your own responsibility to remember what was discussed between yourself and the mod team. Not the EL team's fault that you changed computers, or moved places, or that your ficus died and too part of your memories with it.

In addition to that, the bans forum section has all that, but if you create endless amounts of topics and get some of them deleted, you're kind of just gonna end up confusing yourself.

just remembering isn't enough, you can remember but will mods believe you?

recently i had an issue with logging on my brother, which i've done for years.. i remember 1 multi issue which we got banned for and gave a NMT to get unbanned. no restrictions given at the time.

so 4-5 years later you get pm'ed saying you shouldn't be on the char, after a few years of playing on it and a major search starts to find proof of restrictions in bans section, nothing was found but my brother had another multi incident where he was unknowingly used as middleman.

now i know he doesnt multiplay on purpose, and he was just told to keep some stuff to give it to someone else,

so he got banned for something stupid and then banned 4-5 years later for restrictions, moral of the story: just scrap the rule, its confusing, wastes everyones time and nobody knows why we have rule 5 anyway, can anyone name a major disaster resulting from people multiplaying?

can anyone name a major disaster resulting from people multiplaying?

yes !! Just as I read that my monitor mysteriously turned off for a second and said to me .... ACER ..... in big green letters.

This is either witch craft or a sign from some Mutating Universal Squid Overlord ( like Tom Cruise belives in )

But other than that wasnt public opinion allways that it will give some people a great advantage running multi clients .... and multi clients will lead to people going for the Olympic Macro gold medal

*edit* and we cant really bring multi play and the PK server into any of this b'cos there are more rabbits on IP than players

another edit !! something I forgot to say was a very popular and not uncommon mechanic to this whole multi play issue has been to allow multi creation of characters that can deposit items in thier own storage, but other than that cannot interact such as taking an army of reduced size clients into KF on a 52 inch plasma linked to your behemoth gaming pc

that wouldnt be allowed

Edited by Ateh

you're describing the current multi rule ateh...

and yeah, rule 5 probably causes many more problems than it solves

and the way in which restrictions etc. are given out and how long they last seems very arbitrary and basically a matter of pot luck

Edited by evilmangopie