Eternal Lands Official Forums
groomsh

Are you a hardcore player ? :)

Are you a devoted player ?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you continue to play if all characters would get a complete character and items wipe (stats, nexuses, levels, items, gc ...) ?

• Absolutely NOT - i would leave EL and never return back
    • I'm not sure, but i guess i would leave
    • I don't know, it depends on who would stay, etc...
    • I'm not sure, but i guess i would continue to play
    • No problem for me - i would continue to play

Would you continue to play after a complete wipe of all players ?

Only player names and passwords would be kept, so you (and all others) would lose attributes/levels/items/gc - everything and start as a new freshly created char.

Edit: I voted last option :D

Edit 2:

DISCLAIMER:

1. This is not an idea, nor a suggestion - hence it's in "general chat" and not in "suggestions" forum.

2. This topic was not inspired by any channel 6 discussion or any other discussion in game.

3. One and ONLY purpose and outcome of this topic and poll is just my own curiosity what other people would do.

Edited by groomsh

It would really depend on what else was fixed along with the wipe. As long as gc sales and char sales still are allowed we'll eventually end up in the same situation anyway imho.

Voted 1

It took a great effort to achieve all my levels/skills over the course of years.

I would hate to lose all that >.< :mean:

I also find the topic title a bit irritating, since as a powergrinder I already consider myself as a hardcore player :devlish:

Edited by Raistlin

Damn straight i'd return.

It means I have the chance to be #1 a/d with enough no-lifing \o/

PK would be interesting too! 30's a/d running around with newb gear in KF :DD

Would be funny, and very interesting if all stats but our OA were wiped :P (and hydro nexus PP were refunded too ofc)

Edited by _iNvoKeD

won' t happen...

how would it?

refunds from the EL shop? i think not...

won' t happen...

how would it?

refunds from the EL shop? i think not...

Question was not about if/how it will happen, but rather if you would continue or not - simple as that ;)

why ask then if its not going to affect the game in any way seems piontless to me, but still thinking on it

I'm just curious what other people think, no big deal :)

I voted the last one, obviously. Did it once before (it wasn't an intentional wipe though), and I'll do it again.

(However, yeah, since real life $ plays such an unfortunately large role these days, a real fix can't happen, hence all the bandaids. Shame in my opinion, because people in general don't think for the greater good and long term solutions, but rather in immediate me-me-me terms.)

However, as groomsh said, it's just a speculative question yes or no for curiosity's sake. :P

I also find the topic title a bit irritating, since as a powergrinder I already consider myself as a hardcore player

Was going to say the same. :lurker:

Edited by Sonic

I voted the last one, obviously.

Shame in my opinion, because people in general don't think for the greater good and long term solutions, but rather in immediate me-me-me terms.

But isn't that the general attitude of most people IRL now days? If people are that way IRL then of course it's going to spill over into a game. I'm old enough to remember when only a select few had that attitude.

best we can hope for is a bigger player base, so then a second server might be necessary.

I voted the last one, obviously. Did it once before (it wasn't an intentional wipe though), and I'll do it again.

(However, yeah, since real life $ plays such an unfortunately large role these days, a real fix can't happen, hence all the bandaids. Shame in my opinion, because people in general don't think for the greater good and long term solutions, but rather in immediate me-me-me terms.)

However, as groomsh said, it's just a speculative question yes or no for curiosity's sake. :P

I feel like I'm missing/misunderstanding your point. The $ issue would be here before and after the reset, what is the point of the reset then, except making people(the ones who remain) repeat their work to get to the point they were before.

The only person asking about a reset is groomsh, out of curiosity. As far as I know, it's not planned or in the works.

That said, my post was based on the assumption this would happen because things need to be fixed and therefore make it necessary to remove bad things, fix broken things, then try again.

If nothing else about the game changed, ie: gold and char sales still existed, radu is the same person he always is, all the other 'quirks' in game remained as they are, everyone and their mom has a bot because of an 'easy as picking your nose' bot service, then a total wipe would be the straw that broke the camels back here. I'd stick anyone I wanted to keep in touch with on Facebook and spend my time on something actually productive.

Sulla, it's not a response to something in @6. It's just groomsh's curiosity. As a matter of fact, I think bringing up this topic every once in a while is a worthwhile idea. It gives the community a chance to look in the mirror and focus on what needs to be changed.

Talking about change with nothing being done about isnt helping anything. We actually need things chaned that will positively effect the game play. I've seen plenty of good ideas being thrown around and yet to hear about anything being changed or even looked at as an option to be changed.

imo talking about it hasnt gotten us very far tbh

Sulla, it's not a response to something in @6. It's just groomsh's curiosity. As a matter of fact, I think bringing up this topic every once in a while is a worthwhile idea. It gives the community a chance to look in the mirror and focus on what needs to be changed.

Thanks Hussam!

Mine is #not on the list so i won't vote lol

My answer would be It would really depend on why the wipe happens.

A. if it was a server problem and no back up were recoverable then maybe i would stay

B. If it was because some fundamental mechanic of the game play was being adjusted and the benefit was to the whole of the EL community to have a wipe then i would stay IE: depleating/renewing resources, harvest xp system changed, way a/d xp was calced changed etc.(random ideas)

C.If it was a wipe just to put everyone back to zero and see what happens....i'm gone.

That being said if mechanics of the game were changed or we wanted to try something really different for the game i think a better way would be to transfer peoples names and passwords to a new server and wipe them there and give them a chance to try out the new system. If it is truly better it would become the main server fairly fast i think.

PS:Can you imagine 300-500 players online at once all having 0 stats attempting to lvl and get spawns? OMG that's my raccoon spawn give it back!!!111