Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Make a shop-only ticketed ranging arena

Every ranging #day the GP-arena gets fuller and fuller. Rangers level up and need more space to optimize xp/arrow making the crowdedness worse.

Why not make a ranging arena, for which tickets are only for sale from the shop, like the Haidir passes.

I looked around a bit for a suitable and spacious location and thought maybe TD summoning arena could be retooled for this.

It need no longer be no-cooldown. Maybe the implementation could be similar to the invance maps, no need to make another map, but it is still different from the actual TD arena. An NPC in North Portland or South DP (Desert Tropics) could take your ticket and send you to the map.

Having spectator stands could make it a special place to hold ranging events in (or summoning events if the summoning properties stay the same). Spectators can get teled to the stands for free, as long as they have no bows or arrows on them. Stands are no magic zones. (This need not be implemented at the same time, could be added later.)

Just a thought.

Thank you for posting this Maxine. Many times on that day, it is very hard to find a spot and it's frustrating for both parties when you come in, unmule, and discover that you are blocking another player. The summoning arena seems like a great spot with either or both flags as entries.

Thanks again :)

Put one on C2 instead. There are plenty of quests and other things on C1 and C2 is bare, not even a daily quest. Maybe it will keep out those too lazy to go to C2.

C2 would have been my first choice, however, if we want to get it into the game without a client update, we need to find a spot that does not require changes to an existing map. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Looks like a good idea, however i guess it would be spoilt by people who like to make gc by selling shop items.

I can imagine that rangers would stock up with the tickets making the shop-only-ticket arena crowded too.

I think the important point is to get another arena into the game, getting tickets from the shop would mean Radu will benefit from the idea as well as the players.

There are lots of empty caves and places unused by anyone, use one of them rather than using a place some use now for summoning practice. It requires no map changes.

There are lots of empty caves and places unused by anyone, use one of them rather than using a place some use now for summoning practice. It requires no map changes.

Can you make a suggestion?

Allthough I'd prefer an arenaticket in gc only, I would love to see a second arena. If the $-ticket is needed to persuade Entropy, I think that is a small price to pay. The fact that bot owners would buy them and put on their bots, is a good thing. People without a paypal account can use the arena too then.