Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alddra

New scammer or new name

This is not really a dispute, but Goeffrey is trying to lure unsuspecting people who are not always familiar with maps and/or events such as instances and invances.

He tried to lure my guildy to a 'no-drop instance' (geoffrey asked me to enter the instance with him and he said it is no drop zone)

Anyone who is an EL (addict) knows very well there is no such thing at present. Fortunately, my guildy had the presence of mind to ask me first.

This post is just a warning of GOEFFREY'S antics

Geoffrey. He is in love with Dubro from what I gather from our conversation today in channel 6.

He is not new at all, look at his stats.

http://www.eternal-l...p?user=geoffrey

Speaking of name changes, it looks like Wirt no longer exists.

http://www.eternal-l...r.php?user=wirt

Maybe Geoffrey was Wirt?

I could be wrong of course, but it looks like they are using the same scam.

Edited by WiFi

Geoffrey. He is in love with Dubro from what I gather from our conversation today in channel 6.

He is not new at all, look at his stats.

http://www.eternal-l...p?user=geoffrey

Speaking of name changes, it looks like Wirt no longer exists.

http://www.eternal-l...r.php?user=wirt

Maybe Geoffrey was Wirt?

I could be wrong of course, but it looks like they are using the same scam.

geoffrey is don_jack he has all the same stuff as he did

Scaming has become a part of the game:p

Edited by Mythos

Geoffrey! He lured me into instance, then killed me!

I have the photos to prove this, and will post them at bottom of post.

I never went to instance, next I didn’t know its PK map! it is only inform you it's pk map once you get in, I didn’t think he is going to kill me because I meant to help him out, for his request!

Sure you have 5 secs to go out and you maybe ask why I didn’t tele out right I read the message?

Well, he started to trade me, I clicked on trade to trade with him back, while I did that he aborted the trade and killed me.

Moreover, I had rostogol on me, how would I knew on this map rostogol don’t work as it usually works????

He got my nmt, bd torso, and bd cuisses, jc, mm cape and fast regan. cape (not even talking about pots/ess he got)

I don’t consider this fair, I'm trying to play fair this game this is really annoying as I worked very long time to get those things I lost.

What I ask is please inform others that this a scammer, make sure not to go with him anywhere and don’t trade with him.

Next, is I ask from radu to undo this, this is not fair as for someone who never get into that place and doesn’t know how things work (surly not its pk map!) is really annoying!

SOMEONE HAS TO STOP HIM!!!

Welcome to the Morcraven Marsh Battle Hall! Pick an arena.

zombie_girl: ok

You suddenly feel very hot...

Geoffrey: ok go in the tele pls :)

Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

Geoffrey: ty :)

Geoffrey wants to trade with you. Use the trade icon then click on him/her in order to accept the trade.

Geoffrey aborted the trade.

Geoffrey cast harm on you...

zombie_girl: yw :

Geoffrey cast harm on you...

[@PK central @ 6]: Geoffrey killed zombie_girl.

You were killed by Geoffrey

You lost 0.041774 PK points

zombie_girl followed the bright light.

You have died and gone to the Underworld!

ueZ55.png

yG2xU.png

QnwlP.jpg

yP9zH.jpg

Fine, i will learn my lesson, but i ask you people of this community for a request:

STOP TRADE WITH HIM! BAN HIM FROM YOUR BOTS!

If we cant stop him to do that, he will have plenty of things in his storage not worth a dime!

He will stop at the end, if noon trade/sell with him, cos his gc/items worth ZERO, just like he is!

Thank you!

zombie

This is a good example of why we should all read the forums on a regular basis so that we know about scammers and their scams.. Also, if you speak a language other than english, make a post in the international section so that your fellow countrymen/women who do not know english will be able to know about certain people and certain scams.

Also, its worth pointing out that rostos never poof in TD, so he got your rosto/s as well. They can drop into bag or they can remain in inventory.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss and a shame you haven't kept up with current times about him.

Banned from my bots

Davy

On Topic: Goeffrey is obviously a scammer. He's asked both my characters to help enter an instance. A/D for one is 53/54 and the other is 96/102. No way they could both help him.

A Bit Off Topic: I've help several people enter instances and in my experience they just need you so there are enough people to enter and to carry stuff in.If they want you to bring your stuff it's probably because they want to take your stuff.

To add a bit to the last remark:

If they need you to carry some supplies, they'll ask you, but you'll never need to carry expensive armor, weapons or capes.

And if you have doubts, ask them to provide the items they want you to carry...

(they want a service from you => they can take the risk)

Edited by revi

For those who have guild bots that make announcements during the game, you might want to put information on them about the battlehall and instances. Fyi, just warning about Geoffrey probably won't work for long as I think he is due to change his name.

he tried it again with me :P [PM from Geoffrey: hey, can you help me with a quest? I pay 5kgc :/]

only he wants quest help now :P

Cleaned up this topic and removed the discussion between Olenthe red and wifi to its own thread:

i personally like the guy tbh and may be highering his services to carry out some mercenary work in the near future to take out some high valued targets

I dont see a new thread, but thanks for cleaning this up. I apoligize for going off topic.

It's been removed. It made little sense without the context.

Was curious about how dedicated ole' Geoffrey would be to scamming someone. Pretty dam dedicated it turns out. Oh well, at least it took up some time. For anyone interested: this was spread over about 45 mins and I have no kids. lol

scam1.jpg

scam2.jpg

scam3.jpg

scam4.jpg

scam5.jpg

scam6.jpgscam7.jpg

Edited by Nova

would be neat to see his plan backfire and get pked :)

Only worth it if the pk'r can get good drops

i personally like the guy tbh and may be highering his services to carry out some mercenary work in the near future to take out some high valued targets

Ok, so you like the guy.

would be neat to see his plan backfire and get pked :)

Ok, i guess you dont like the guy. : D