Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
extrapolation

fast action point regeneration in PK

How about you regain action points at a faster rate, e.g. 1 point/min, in any PK zone (except guild maps)? It might encourage more PK generally, and might also encourage people to hide afk in obscure PK areas, and it could be fun hunting them.

If we don't like this idea, what about any fast action regeneration zone? We have fast reading and fast healing zones already...

Edited by extrapolation

Nice idea, they do take time to regenerate.

Although people that can make big books, would be able to make quite a bit a day.

Edited by ISnipe

If this was implemented for how long do you think the poor bastard that walks in there would last to recover the AcPos in the first place?

Very bad idea imo...

Also, there are some very small enclosed PK areas (2-3 person size)...

Nice way to load up fast on action points, especially at 1/min...

If this was implemented for how long do you think the poor bastard that walks in there would last to recover the AcPos in the first place?

Very bad idea imo...

I fully agree with Entris.

The biggest problem of PK is PKers and their attitude. Using a prosthesis like the suggested one will not improve it at all. In my opinion it will lead only to more frustration and/or exploits.

Edited by Vanyel

Hmm, what map would that be? if KF then may be ok. But if TD.... won't be much change.

I believe it has to be a few well-designated areas in a few different PK maps, so it's neither too easy nor too difficult to spot the action point recoverers

I have to agree with Entris and Vanyel on this. It won't take long for those fast-regeneration spots to be known, so:

- lots of complaints, or

- the spots won't be used, or

- they get camped by the top PK'ers as their private resource

Of course, combinations of the three options are possible :P

Don't forget that on the minimap you can see other players, even when they are hidden in normal view (hidden != invisible ...)

Reading some of the replies makes me think Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.. If you don't like it, then don't use it? It's not like those areas would be mandatory, you know.

Anyway, it's a good suggestion, coupled with the "only in some specific areas" suggestion, because it would be very difficult to separate guild maps from normal pk areas. How about NCA?

I wonder why nobody has replied to the NCA suggestion. Anyways, I don't think NCA is that great because alot of people get teleported to NCA while harvesting. They already have enough to worry about. Maybe WSA in WSC would be a good choice? It rarely gets used.

IMO WiFi; If someone is sitting in NCA recharging their action points (9/10 would either be naked doing so, maybe with a diss ring some healing essies and ttpr ess) and someone HoS's then what are both gonna do? Run? Or do you think one will attack the other? They're both naked, and I know next to no one who harvests (with HoS) without more than just an excavator and pickaxe lol.

Also a nice way for people who make use of the enhanced Uni/Sun(?) meds in PK/Instances/Invasions, if they dont wanna sit around for 3 days with pos. food level waiting to get 100 action points.

WSA doesnt get used alot, which is true - i'm for either one TBH, it just means another place for PKers to check - or even a fellow mixer who wants to go get some AcPo's himself, goes to kill whoever is there.

I'm for both ideas; NCA+WSA, NCA would be utilized much better than just a camping ground for PKers to catch HoS'ers on occasions, or WSA.

Even NC Pk Cave - and stick some Amber in there (move it from Ruby cave) so I guess amber becomes a viable source to harvest if they're gaining 1AP/min. Especially since invances are occuring alot more now.

You could also make Amber somewhat like hydro, only in PK areas (which would tie in well with the NC PK Cave AcPos fast regen+sticking amber in there) It would make Amber a little more pricy which benefits the harvester alot more (than just 150gc/amber, which aint much for something with 6 inorg and the demand of them)

Either way both win...

Just IMO.

Putting amber in PK areas only is DUMB - it is also used in Global Quest and amount available would dry up fast.

If there's such a high demand for amber, why is there a lot for sale on bots (and below 150gc at that)?

Also, hydrogenium ore isn't in a PK area (you have to pas through PK areas, but that's not the same thing)

The main problem with some of the suggestions posted above is attempting to force people not interested in PK to enter a PK area (vide amber in a PK cave).

We all agree that majority of the EL population has little or no interest in PK. Why should we have no choice and be but cannon fodder? Didn't think that 'encouraging' somebody means as much as 'giving no choice'. The original suggestion, which I didn't like much, made the fast regeneration in PK optional, at least.

Edited by Vanyel

It's their choice to go into pk. Yea why not. Thumbs up.

I like the NCA fast regen spot for the AP's idea.

It's the people's choice if they decide to go into the arena and sit there whilst their AP bar goes up (assuming it's 1/min). Their choice and risk to go into a PK area in a hope to fast regen + amber is on the same map as NC so it all fits well.

Also a good incentive for PK to come back at least, a tiny bit more popular than it is atm when PKers go and PK the harvesters regaining their AP points.

In all honestly I really do like this idea..especially if it's in NCA.

Edited by MotionKi11a