Eternal Lands Official Forums
GreyElf

Mother Nature likes to destroy Harverster Medallions

Whose meddalion has lasted the longest?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your Harvester Medallion last?

I was thinking of buying a Harvester Medallion but worry that it will just be destroyed by mother nature.

Edited by GreyElf

Yes it depends a lot on WHAT and WHEN you harvest.

The more events you have, the higher chance of breaking the medallion.

This means that astro as well as type of harvestable affect the break rate (because they affect how many events you get).

Also, it is based on probability, so you can break 3 medallions in one load of harvestables, but you can also be lucky to do heavy harvesting for several weeks without breaking it.

One way for you to check it without spending gc, is to make it yourself or gather ingredients and let your guildies/friends mix it for you.

I always harvest with a medallion - but there again I am normally semi afk when I harvest.

Yes they break a lot - but for me it means that when I return to the game 5 minutes or so later I have an inventory full of the item.

If you factor in the fact that you harvest 400 coal every time and not the 40 without the medallion - they are cost effective.

1-3 days tops. mostly 1 day (well couple of hours that is, because i play only a few hours a day)

If they would last at least a week i would agree with raz, but untill now they do not.

I make them myself, but looking at the time it costs to make them i pass for now

1-3 days tops. mostly 1 day (well couple of hours that is, because i play only a few hours a day)

If they would last at least a week i would agree with raz, but untill now they do not.

I make them myself, but looking at the time it costs to make them i pass for now

I haven't lost one since January. But I only wear them if I have deep red harvest astro. As soon as I start to get events I take it off.

But in January I lost two in the process of making the essences to create three harvester meds. That was the time when I decided to only use them with favorable astro.

I haven't done much harvesting latley but when ever i do harvest i wear a med, wouldn't go without it at any time!

I have done alot of harvesting before and lost over 100 meds during my harvest period but it is better to have one on and be able to sit and talk to ppl or do other things then just sit and click the things you are harvesting ever other second if you are unlucky, and the GC bags and blessings are higher with the medallion so go for it.

The duration of em is very diffrent sometimes you can have one for months without any breaks and then all of a sudden you can break 3 in a row so it all depends on your luck ;P

1 or 2 weeks is very optimistic, more like minutes to hours. Best ive had about 2 days.

I only use now on x3 day

Davy

I had my harv med since 15 month now, but i use it only on Stakhanov days if i rememeber wipe dust on it,usually not:P Red harv astro is free^^

I was thinking of buying a Harvester Medallion but worry that it will just be destroyed by mother nature.

I stopped using them, I seriously was going through 2 or 3 a week. Since then i actually am making gc!

Mini-events were introduced to stop afk harvesters and then the harvester medallion was introduced to allow afk harvesting. Hmmm

I never use them. (Well, I've had four since they were introduced)

10 minutes mine just lasted...not even 1000 sunflower and gone

put 2nd harv med on...last maybe 4-5k sunflower then broke due to hitting tele nexus...total joke and waste of gc...should be a little tougher please. Would like to maybe get to boil the kettle and enjoy a coffee for 5 min without breaking my medallion!

Edited by Neil(AragorIII)

The only way I can keep one around for 1-2 weeks is if I leave it in my storage. The last 2 or 3 I've tried break within minutes to 1 hour of use. Flowers, ore, minerals, has not made a difference.

I would probably try them again only if I hear a change has been made to them.

I voted for 1-2 weeks but that is hugely optimistic, usually a harv med lasts less than a day, sometime I break 2-3 in a day. And Im skeptic.

I have broken enough of them, to conclude that I will continue using them. Use them always when harvesting, except when very bad astro. Sometimes it last 7 days or more, sometimes less, sometimes I break two in a day. Considering the extra blessings from MN, the decreased chance of breaking of harvesting tools at location, the extra gold coin ( if lucky just under half the value of a new one ) and the convenience of continuing to harvest at most mini events I consider this a very pleasant tool. If this convenience is worth it to you in gold coins depends on your own situation, same as in PK, if you can’t afford to loose it, think twice before you use it.

Edited by Nardo Lala

Immortelle's Pickaxe just broke... So sad..

Your Pickaxe has been destroyed

You stopped harvesting.

Your Harvester Medallion has been destroyed

Mother Nature decided to destroy Immortelle's Harvester Medallion. Don't you love Mother Nature?

40-50min this one was,bad luck i guess.Normaly i make them myself,never buy..if i got it i will use it if not i wont.. :pickaxe: Why should i have it in storage if not for using it? :confused:

I've had them last multiple months, and only minutes. It depends all on your astro, harvest level, and what your are harvesting along with just dumb luck. I still using them all the time because they usually pay for themselves!

I've had them last multiple months, and only minutes. It depends all on your astro, harvest level, and what your are harvesting along with just dumb luck. I still using them all the time because they usually pay for themselves!

Hu?

I can confirm that with "dumb luck", but not that they pay for themselves.

Usually a harv med breaks aproximately within 3 days, and even with my harv level, you usually don't even get something close to the price of a harv med from finding gc's, and the xp from blessings are pure luck, which is usually poor.

Piper

Everyone's experience will vary, and what you are harvesting is a BIG factor since that affect the interval of events. As I said, I've had them last for months at a time which really adds up.

I only use them with very bad harv astro too (red bar). No events = no breaks.

This is why I decided not to get the child of the stars perk.

It depends all on your astro, harvest level, and what your are harvesting along with just dumb luck.

Astro does make a difference. High events, higher chance of breaking, low events, lower change of experience bonus. One could argue either way as being "best".

I don't believe harvest level has any impact (other than how fast you harvest and therefore how many events you may get for a given period of time). Although, I'd like it if a higher harvest level reduced the chances of breakage.

I would agree that the harvestable matters, but I'm not sure if it's due to the speed (and therefore rate of events) or if some items are actually "softer" and less likely to break a med.

I've done testing after each break rate change on the meds (I think they've been modified twice?). After the most recent change my testing indicated they might be break even (given experience has value) but the frustration of them breaking so often still has me only using them for the #day.

Immortelle was stung by a bee, losing 5 health

Your Harvester Medallion has been destroyed

:bangwall: 5min early done and 5min later gone. btw i am skeptic so nothing to do with bad/good day. :omg: