Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Any 100+ a/d gap?

Leg orc has been in game for quite some time now. There are people that have been training them pretty much since day 1.

Imo, it would be good to add a mob more uber than leg orc, and give the 150+ group a new incentive and motivation. Make it drop a little more than just coins, perhaps some of the stuff required for various daily quests, and a small chance of dropping bindingstones/enriched magic/fire essence.

In addition to that, tweak yeti slightly to close the gap between fcw and yeti

The 150+ group is only going to keep on growing. Keep them all locked up in the volcano now, will make the volcano just as nasty a place as the bethel feros cave and irinveron yeti caves have been at times.

Im in the gap of MCW-Yeti so my vote goes there...

In other point, i'd suggest for their location the open map Dra Syn (Trassian city) and/or the Trassian/Iscalrith Underground (huge underground and desolated map). Both places have none or few NPC, so the frosties history could fit with new NPCs.

There is a lack of trainable creatures at both these A/D ranges. Whereas people stagnate 20 levels, 25 levels past optimum at FCW stage because of the large attrib jump required, people above 140-145 find their XP rate dwindling away because of the lack of a strong enough trainable. Both ends require and deserve a trainable mob.

This said, in terms of the ratio of player numbers to trainable spawns available, the ~120 A/D range is more crippled, simply because of the significantly larger number of players in this band.

Though I myself am in the ~120 A/D bracket, I would consider it fair for the Frost Troll to be located at either of these A/D bands, but from the sole point of view of number of players inconvenienced, my vote would be for it to be specced at ~120 A/D, with good toughness but low might and a lower damage crit roll than the Yeti.

The 150+ group is only going to keep on growing. Keep them all locked up in the volcano now, will make the volcano just as nasty a place as the bethel feros cave and irinveron yeti caves have been at times.

My issue with this comment is that there really shouldn't be so many at this range. It isn't a natural progression and I personally have no sympathies for people who acquire characters in this range by artificial means then complain they are bored. Nor should others be passed over to appease them. Using the argument "but there are so many people in this range" really holds no water for preferential treatment issues.

That said, there still should be more options at all the higher level ranges. We have so many unpopular creatures ingame, it should be easy enough to tweak their stats to give everyone at all levels options.

Also I don't like mountain chim being used as a yardstick, for reasons many have already explained. There definitely is a lack between forest chim and yeti and mountain chim just doesn't cut it.

There are certainly gaps in higher level training. Single DCW, and then the FCW to Yeti gap. I don't know after that. I am no expert in these matters, I've just come through these levels. I followed Korrode's advice and I am sorry he's gone as he certainly knew what he was talking about. Also followed two others advice, both still in game so I won't embarrass them.

Personally, I have stayed on double FCW (once they arrived) for far longer than I should because Yeti hurt and getting a double is lucky. Some camp in Ida as there is a very well thought out bot there (there are two others). Also I have the gift of time: I can spend longer on FCW. Single Yeti are about as much use as chocolate teapots.

I am in no rush to progress, you can't in this game. But others leave because of the difficulty of progressing, I wish they didn't.

Single Yeti are about as much use as chocolate teapots.

It might make a mess but it will be delicious.

My issue with this comment is that there really shouldn't be so many at this range. It isn't a natural progression and I personally have no sympathies for people who acquire characters in this range by artificial means then complain they are bored

There are actually players that leveled their own characters and did NOT "acquire" their characters. So, you are saying that these players should be punished because of your issues with those that do "acquire" their characters?

Edited by Zenphon

My issue with this comment is that there really shouldn't be so many at this range. It isn't a natural progression and I personally have no sympathies for people who acquire characters in this range by artificial means then complain they are bored

There are actually players that leveled their own characters and did NOT "acquire" their characters. So, you are saying that these players should be punished because of your issues with those that do "acquire" their characters?

No, I didn't say that at all. Read more carefully and then quote my entire post before you say something like that.

Another problem with that mob a/d list is that it doesn't take into account the attributes of them.

That list is VERY misleading.

Is there any particular a/d gap over levels 100 that you would like me to fill with the Ice troll?

If so, post the desired stats for the Ice troll.

in order from weak to strong:

Attack/Defense: 110/100 Health Points: 250 Fcw

Attack/Defense: 115/115 Health Points: 270 Mcw

Attack/Defense: 125/125 Health Points: 400 Yeti

Attack/Defense: 130/130 Health Points: 300 Acw

Attack/Defense: 135/135 Health Points: 500 Lego

Attack/Defense: 140/140 Health Points: 350 Trice

Attack/Defense: 145/145 Health Points: 650 Giant

Attack/Defense: 150/150 Health Points: 3500 Red Dragon

*************************************************************************************

It seems there is a gap between Yeti and Mcw.

I have no expericence with monster over 110 so my logical conclusion is

Attack/Defense: 120/120 Health Points: 300

perhaps increase the life points of Acw to 350

oh and .. please make the ice troll summonable :happy:

**************************************************************************************

This would be true is only a/d levels mean anything.

U will never be able to train in a yeti with 125 a/d.

the monster level realy don't matter much in the equation, its more about p/c config for the mob.

---------

In my opinion the main GAP happens on 130-140 cause there are only a few spawn options with MCs and Yeti's

For the levels below there are more option on spawns and doublespaws (DC+fluffy, feros and FC's)

MCs and Yeti's there are only a few double spawns and lots of ppl training on them.

KF MC double adition was realy good and i train there the most i can (when no newhope online).

Yeti there are lots of 150's ppl that share the spawn to farm a bit so 130-140 ppl are not exclusive on their spawns.

Single spawns simply give not enought xp to train on.

---------

Another problem with that mob a/d list is that it doesn't take into account the attributes of them.

That list is VERY misleading.

That may be, but what do you expect from a game who´s owners never give away the creature attributes for some unknown reason.

This is the best we can do.

Edited by sMooMs

Although I do agree the 120 range was hard I thought adding the 2x FCW should have helped this issue. Yes it gets old staying on a mob for 20+ levels. I have seen a lot of people on FCW using the 2x spawn and using a cutlass or other great sword. Personally I thought those spawns were added to help with that a/d level. Looking back at all the single FCW I trained using a 1/4 staff. There is also the option of changing armor and weapons and going down to DCW, or Feros or even training MCW at times. Now back to the training a single mob for 20+ levels. When you get to about 140 a/d you move to Lorcs, there is nothing trainable above them. That leaves you training them for a LONG 39 levels to cap. Sure most give up on training well before them one reason I think is because there is nothing else to train. Well unless you take PVP into account but really all levels have that option.

It would be great if anytime you use a great sword (unless in an invasion, instance, or invance) you get no drops. Some will say that this would make Yetis a little difficult. Then just change the Yetis atts. a little. If that is done, then the only reason left to use a great sword while training would be to farm(which isn't really training anyway). I think Radu would be happy to end spawn farming. Also, those whom really want to train will not see all the spawns taken by farmers. I know some will not like this opinion, but it is just that, an opinion.

One last point:

This would also stop many from moving up to train on a higher mob too earlier. Which, IMHO, is done WAY too often.

Edited by Zenphon

My issue with this comment is that there really shouldn't be so many at this range. It isn't a natural progression and I personally have no sympathies for people who acquire characters in this range by artificial means then complain they are bored. Nor should others be passed over to appease them. Using the argument "but there are so many people in this range" really holds no water for preferential treatment issues.

That said, there still should be more options at all the higher level ranges. We have so many unpopular creatures ingame, it should be easy enough to tweak their stats to give everyone at all levels options.

Also I don't like mountain chim being used as a yardstick, for reasons many have already explained. There definitely is a lack between forest chim and yeti and mountain chim just doesn't cut it.

There are "chars acquired by artificial means" in all ranges, its not privilege of the 150+. The biggest problem on that range is that you can't "pvp until reach next good exp monster" since there are no other exp monster past lorc, and people arguing that giant or red dragon are options simply don't have a clue.

I also agree that there is a problem after fchim/dchim and until yeti, but those people can pvp a bit and then take HS to do yetis earlier (and then remove it when they can do yeti nicely).

All that said, i would like if both ranges (120's and 150's) could get tweaked monsters so everyone could train.

Edited by Lorck

Like it or not, these characters ARE remaining in game, and there's quite a few of them being actually played and not just being used to farm instance and PK. In addition, there are quite a few characters in the top 50 a/d that WERE leveled from scratch by 1 person, and in my opinion, that number may have been even bigger had there been more variety in mobs to train on. Whether you can sympathise or not (i know personally I'd go nuts after being at a spawn for longer than 1 hour), there's a big number of players that do enjoy the endless grind, they've always been in the game and they will always be here. Just because one can't understand why another player would get their initial levels through paypal, shouldn't make these toons count less in considering future developments.

I wasn't saying that level range shouldn't have more options. Of course it should, and I said so.

I'm saying:

1. It's not fair to use them as a yardstick for complaints of boring, and then bypassing people who DO put in the effort's requests. If they had played the game the way it was intended to be played, they probably wouldn't be bored. Obviously buying a character didn't help that, so arguing it's boring to grind is kind of silly if they are still bored after buying their way to the top.

2. While of course there are people in the 150s and beyond who DID do the work themselves, they most certainly do not outnumber those at the 120 range.

And yes, I agree at any level, it's not fun to stay in the same location on the same creature for 20+ levels with no other option to move to, for months if not longer, no matter how "good enough" a creature is.

This is a little off topic, but the real problem with the "but he bought his character' argument is this:

Most people that have 'acquired' a 150+ character have leveled at least one, some have leveled a lot more than 1, character to 120+ all by their self. Also, most of this leveling was done without the aid of dailies, invances, and day stones. So the whole argument holds absolutely no water imo.

Edited by Zenphon

This is a little off topic, but the real problem with the "but he bought his character' argument is this:

Most people that have 'acquired' a 150+ character have leveled at least one, some have leveled a lot more than 1, character to 120+ all by their self. Also, most of this leveling was done without the aid of dailies, invances, and day stones. So the whole argument holds absolutely no water imo.

Omg the only reason it came up was to answer the assertation that range group was more entitled because there were more of them. I disagree with that premise and explained why. It shouldn't be a factor at all, so drop that whole rationale and focus on it.

Once again, I never said people in that group shouldn't have multiple options too!

Is there any particular a/d gap over levels 100 that you would like me to fill with the Ice troll?

If so, post the desired stats for the Ice troll.

in order from weak to strong:

Attack/Defense: 110/100 Health Points: 250 Fcw

Attack/Defense: 115/115 Health Points: 270 Mcw

Attack/Defense: 125/125 Health Points: 400 Yeti

Attack/Defense: 130/130 Health Points: 300 Acw

Attack/Defense: 135/135 Health Points: 500 Lego

Attack/Defense: 140/140 Health Points: 350 Trice

Attack/Defense: 145/145 Health Points: 650 Giant

Attack/Defense: 150/150 Health Points: 3500 Red Dragon

*************************************************************************************

It seems there is a gap between Yeti and Mcw.

I have no expericence with monster over 110 so my logical conclusion is

Attack/Defense: 120/120 Health Points: 300

perhaps increase the life points of Acw to 350

oh and .. please make the ice troll summonable :happy:

**************************************************************************************

This would be true is only a/d levels mean anything.

U will never be able to train in a yeti with 125 a/d.

the monster level realy don't matter much in the equation, its more about p/c config for the mob.

---------

In my opinion the main GAP happens on 130-140 cause there are only a few spawn options with MCs and Yeti's

For the levels below there are more option on spawns and doublespaws (DC+fluffy, feros and FC's)

MCs and Yeti's there are only a few double spawns and lots of ppl training on them.

KF MC double adition was realy good and i train there the most i can (when no newhope online).

Yeti there are lots of 150's ppl that share the spawn to farm a bit so 130-140 ppl are not exclusive on their spawns.

Single spawns simply give not enought xp to train on.

---------

I started training yeti at 123/123~ a/d or so, cockatrice at 125~ a/d.

It would be great if anytime you use a great sword (unless in an invasion, instance, or invance) you get no drops. Some will say that this would make Yetis a little difficult. Then just change the Yetis atts. a little. If that is done, then the only reason left to use a great sword while training would be to farm(which isn't really training anyway). I think Radu would be happy to end spawn farming. Also, those whom really want to train will not see all the spawns taken by farmers. I know some will not like this opinion, but it is just that, an opinion.

One last point:

This would also stop many from moving up to train on a higher mob too earlier. Which, IMHO, is done WAY too often.

I train on yetis with great sword, not to farm, but to maximize my xp. Simply cause high level mobs is hard to get hit, u wont hit em without a sword.

with 130s att and not having full reasoning thats what i need to do to get att xp.

TBH, even FCs are hard to hit without swords in my levels. After Feros u cant train without sword anymore.

I started training yeti at 123/123~ a/d or so, cockatrice at 125~ a/d.

Pr0 fighter config.

Not my case, and probably most players

While you are designing it have it be a monster which range attacks opponents within certain range even if it is pinned. Ice balls, ice bolts, etc.