Eternal Lands Official Forums
TvManPwns

Revise Multi Rule?

Is the point of this rule to create mod headaches? How is this allowed on pk server and not on main?

Was wondering about this today, thought i'd throw this out there.

Is the point of this rule to create mod headaches? How is this allowed on pk server and not on main?

Was wondering about this today, thought i'd throw this out there.

Yeah, just about the only thing people get banned for is for illegal multi, however it's quite difficult to run several different characters to do Multi, it would be like a full-time job, if you ask me.

If you have more than one character, you get attitude basically accusing you of having one just to cheat.And dont ask any questions because then the accusations just get worse. There are a lot of issues that just dont make sense ie: cant use the use the same bot even if you pay fair market price buying and selling etc. And as with many rules, you get different answers. With characters changing hands so much (which is legal) it's impossible to know if you have traded that character before. So yes i think the rule needs revised.It's just mass confusion. With the player base el has, you still end up trading someone who you have traded with on your main. There arent thousands of players like other mmorpg's

Edited by Caliphear

They have broken their sacred vows and discussed issues of moderation in public!

Burn the dissidents and all their pixels at once!

Caliphear, when did I give you attitude about your alts? About your piss-poor attitude about the invances and people running them, maybe, but not alts.

I beg to differ with your post. I welcome questions, I wish more people asked them FIRST. Maybe you should ask the people who actually ask them first what kind of reception they get.

And as to characters changing hands, it may be "legal" but it sucks. The ONLY reason it's legal is because we can't monitor money transactions out of EL or other out-of-EL arrangements. Kind of like selling gc. Legal but not happy about it.

I agree with Aislinn here. When a Mod is asked a question first, they are more responsive than if you didn't. Known from personal testimony. As for the multi-char discussion, if you want more than one account and want to trade between those accounts, then there is a server that already offers that. I am sure radu still offers his service of trading a rosto for a pk account, so do not say that you do not want to spend $ when there is an alternative.

Caliphear, when did I give you attitude about your alts? About your piss-poor attitude about the invances and people running them, maybe, but not alts.

I beg to differ with your post. I welcome questions, I wish more people asked them FIRST. Maybe you should ask the people who actually ask them first what kind of reception they get.

And as to characters changing hands, it may be "legal" but it sucks. The ONLY reason it's legal is because we can't monitor money transactions out of EL or other out-of-EL arrangements. Kind of like selling gc. Legal but not happy about it.

The very first time i asked you about alts i got attitude and you had accused me of looking for a way around the rules when i was only asking a question to make sure i DIDN'T multi. Check your forum pms. And exactly when did i have a piss poor attitude about invances other than when i said the rules should be posted? But that has nothing to do with this issue. This is my opinion. I understand what the rule is trying to do but it seems to make problems and causes more confusion. It might suck but doesnt it also suck having to watch everyone , what they are doing, who they are trading, what bags are dropping and so on? Just think some aspects should be eased up on which would benefit mods too.

Ease up? We do this for all of you! So that the game is fair for YOU. Though I thank you for the concern for our well being

No, I didn't give you an attitude about having alts. I was trying to find out why you were asking such odd questions and trying to get an answer about what you were looking to do. I refuse to answer vague or hypothetical questions with any blanket answer. If people don't want to give that to me, I'll ask and ask until I'm satisfied I know what I am answering. Too many times when I was a new mod I got burned by not asking the right questions or not getting the whole story and giving an answer then slapped with "But Aislinn said I could!". It protects both of us. You don't get locked and I know I'm answering correctly. I'm sorry if that comes off as a bad attitude to you.

The part that i think should ease up is the bot and trading issues, If you pay fair market prices through bots or other players i dont see it as a problem or benefiting your alt/main w/e. Im not saying to let your alts trade with your main. in all i just think maybe it should be looked at and as with rl change with the times. And i do know you guys do a lot for our benefit to make the game fair and also know there are ppl who try to get around rules, to cheat anyway they can, and yes even "But Aislinn said i could". You're never going to make everyone happy but my opinion is just that. an opinion.

Part of the reason why i bring this up is because i feel the rule is useless altogether. When i want to multi i simply stop and say to myself "why on earth would i risk a ban, i'm going to sell this gc and buy someone elses with the proceeds".

Just my two cents.

How can you really tell if someone has an attitude in this kind of an arena anyway? I think attitude gets read into answers a lot when people don't like the answers they are getting. And an alt character not being able to use the same bot as a main character even with fair trades and buying at market value seems pretty smart to me. Seems like it's something that is in place so mods don't have to waste time combing through bot logs if some kind of problem arises. And eased up how? All the multi rules seem to make sense to me. You are one person irl, you can't split yourself and send one to work while the other goes and does something fun so why would you be able to do something like that in a game? I have 3 characters and play on the same IP as my husband who also has 2 or 3 characters and we've never had a problem from the moderation team EVER.

How is it not a benefit?

Alt makes HE's that main needs and uses bot to move them at a discounted price.

Main knows alt took antisocial and trades|sells|donates|whatever books or whatever to bot that alt needs.

Etc.

How is it not a benefit?

Main knows alt took antisocial and trades|sells|donates|whatever books or whatever to bot that alt needs.

Etc.

This will stop anyone from making those same health ess in bulk and selling the gc to other players ingame. only to turn around and buy gc on their main.... like i've already suggested.

How is it not a benefit?

Etc.

This will stop anyone from making those same health ess in bulk and selling the gc to other players ingame. only to turn around and buy gc on their main.... like i've already suggested.

Yep and I don't like that either. It's bypassing the rule and don't think I don't know or can't tell when it happens. And as everyone knows, we can't deal with the out-of-EL selling|buying part. But when you get nailed for something I CAN monitor, believe me, that BS will count in how I handle it.

How is it not a benefit?

Etc.

Yep and I don't like that either. It's bypassing the rule and don't think I don't know or can't tell when it happens. And as everyone knows, we can't deal with the out-of-EL selling|buying part. But when you get nailed for something I CAN monitor, believe me, that BS will count in how I handle it.

So if i happen to piss you off sometime in channel i will be delt with more severely because i am i known and reputable gold seller/buyer? nice. very nice.

On the PK server we manage to run several chars, some people have 2 some have 3 or 4. No cooldown/mini events on mixing helps your "mixer char" to progress faster and so supply your fighter. Of course some people like they do on main don't even have a fighter char. I personally prefer the game play on PK, but you have to be able to handle playing virtually on your own. Maybe if more people came and tried it, that would change :)...so....come on over!

No, but people who are using that to manipulate the rules, yes. If you are a nice "innocent" gold buyer or seller not trying to find a way to manipulate stuff onto or off of your alts, then you have no problems.

And I'm talking about lockable stuff, not silly nonsense in channels.

And seriously. If I know you are intentionally trying to manipulate loopholes to get around the rules, why should I be lenient on you?

Let me explain what i mean in detail. If this BOT A has HE for sale (just a random bot i searched through rraisa) at 8gc i go and purchase them with my alt. Two weeks or more down the road i search rraisa and this bot has a vial mold i need on my main. Hopefully i remember this is the bot i had traded with on my alt or it will be multi. keep in mind i DO have memory issues so this is one i worry about a lot.

Or

I trade this character selling srs he then sells the char or does a name change and comes to me to sell me srs on my alt.. idk thats the person i traded with on my main and could be seen as multi if you really wanted to push it. Or i could be unknowingly used as a middleman by someone else/ Yes this can be stretching it but this is what i mean.

Ofc paying the market price not a discount price in these hypothetical situations and not my own bot, i can see your point there. Paying reg market price and selling at regular market price. And not between your alt and main.

lol star i have been thinking about it so i just might, it just takes all my time on main and i barely even play my main char now just my alt.

Edited by Caliphear

Let me explain what i mean in detail. If this BOT A has HE for sale (just a random bot i searched through rraisa) at 8gc i go and purchase them with my alt. Two weeks or more down the road i search rraisa and this bot has a vial mold i need on my main. Hopefully i remember this is the bot i had traded with on my alt or it will be multi. keep in mind i DO have memory issues so this is one i worry about a lot.

Generally this is not a problem. People legitimately do this SOMETIMES and almost always the items are totally unrelated and not in bulk. Not a problem. However if we start seeing patterns of same items or large amounts of items or what might look like a storage transfer, or the same couple people doing this VERY frequently, or any other red flags, that's when there's a problem.

I trade this character selling srs he then sells the char or does a name change and comes to me to sell me srs on my alt.. idk thats the person i traded with on my main and could be seen as multi if you really wanted to push it. Or i could be unknowingly used as a middleman by someone else/ Yes this can be stretching it but this is what i mean.

Now we're getting into shady areas which are better not even starting. Yes you COULD get unwittingly stuck into being a middleman, and that has happened. And yes we've had namechange issues along those lines. But what are the odds that your character one day needs to buy SR's then the next day suddenly has an abundance to sell? Some transactions are rather fishy and we can tell when people "know" or not, for the most part. You know, like storage transfers, bulk SRs moving from main to alt, anti-social people getting books, you know the stuff.

Simply better to not deal with the same bots or same people when you have alts, unless it's the random sort OCCASIONALLY happening as you described in the first scenario.

Just an aside comment here about the multi rule:

Personally, I wouldn't mind people's legitimately started-from-scratch-and-not-shared alts able to trade with mains the fruits of their own honest labor.

That said, I would NEVER allow it with bought (or "gifted" or shared) characters or bought gc or all that garbage. Again personally, I'd make bought and shared characters and gc illegal. I think that is ruining a huge part of the game but that's another story.

Now don't get all worked up, this isn't being discussed or planned or considered. Just my personal thoughts on it.

Surely if an alt char SELLS (not DONATES) health essence to a bot owned by yourself at the same price the bot pays to any other person in the game, then your main BUYS the health essences (doesnt use the giveto command) then it is no different than any other player...HOWEVER policeing that would be a nightmare.

Yes policing that would be a nightmare. And not like there's a shortage of bots or other players you could buy from.

And yes it IS an advantage because your alt knows exactly what you need and when so will of course choose to make whatever the other character needs, or will just happen to conveniently sell your own bot the books the alt needs, etc. And no bot searching, no player searching, no need to use market channel or market section in forums, etc. So yes, it is very different.

Yes, there would be a slight advantage there, but at least by paying in the correct manner that would negate a lot of that. After all owning a bot in itself gives much of that same advantage to your main char, would be nice to be able to use that with my alt too, in a fair and equitable manner as I described.

** ofc I have never done this as atm its against the rules...just saying it would be nice to be able too.

Edited by Starlite

Without rules, EL wouldn't happen. We need moderators to enforce these rules, and usually when people get banned or warned about violating the rules they get all pissy about it. Sure, it'd make EL a lot more easier if we could multi; but, in reality it's probably not going to happen. Yes, it would be cool if we could do it, I agree on that, I think what it would come down to is who has the best computer and internet service, lol ;~)