Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislar

New Special #Day - No Nexus Day

hey guys,

i did a search for this and did not find any posts regarding this idea. earlier to#day we had scientists day, where you don't need any knowledge (books) to do something.

many times i have heard that people liked the idea of a no nexus #day, too. we talked about it on ch 6 and many agreed.

there, however, are two types of nexus' i can think of: the mixing nexus' (arti, mag, veg etc) (this can include inorg for harving), and then there's the human nexus.

it would have to be discussed if the human nexus would be included in this no nexus #day because of the possibility for abuse, eg:

you need human 10 to wear an arti cape. if on no nexus #day you put on an arti cape, there needs to be a way for that arti cape to be removed at the end of the #day. (similar to how when you reset you can keep wearing whatever it is you have equipped).

so it seems that either this "No Nexus #Day" would have to have stipulations in place regarding the human nexus, or it could just apply to the mixing/harving skills.

all-in-all, i think most elers would enjoy this #day. it could give us a fun time of trying out making some new (to us) items that we couldn't make otherwise.

so, what do you think guys?

<3,

Aislar

It has been suggested before, I dont think this is a good idea for obvious reasons, people would just wait until the special day to mix/mine things they have no nexus for. This will not increase sales in nexus transfer stones, nor does it promote a varied and diverse trading enviorment in-game.

It has been suggested before, I dont think this is a good idea for obvious reasons, people would just wait until the special day to mix/mine things they have no nexus for. This will not increase sales in nexus transfer stones, nor does it promote a varied and diverse trading enviorment in-game.

+1

Given that the nexus stones exist I am against this idea.

Stones are there for a purpose - I have used them to complete Xaq quest and all 3 tutorials.

it's true that for certain special days people will save parts of certain skills to use/mix on those days. (eg, nexus removals on reconstruction day, hells yes)

however, considering the huge consumption of items (essences, potions, etc) needed to play this game, very, very few players would be able to save all of the items they wish to mix for no nexus day.

as for it "not" promoting a varied and diverse trading environment, i entirely disagree. not only will the end mixed items be around, the main trading will be of the ingredients for the end item(s). this would create more varied trading, not less. also, i have a feeling that for a good number of players, no nexus day would be used more to try out making something, and not for mass producing an item.

regarding sales and usage of nexus transfer stones, i think most of the el community is 100% behind supporting radu and roja in their endeavors with el. with that being said, nexus transfer stones are 1) new, and 2) not the main source of income for radu. even if the creation of no nexus day did stunt the sales of nexus transfer stones for the short term, in the long run, this could help the playerbase grow by making the game more FUN :D

i think one thing we all need to remember, at least some of the time, is that el is a *game* and we're meant to have fun playing it.

if so many people hadn't brought this up before in channels in el, and if the players on ch 6 last night didn't seem so excited about the idea, it'd be a different story.

just because some of us have a ridiculous number of nexus' doesn't mean there can't be a day where others can 'try out' different skills in this classless game.

(and yes, i'm one of the players who has a ridiculous number of nexus') :P

<3,

Aislar

edit: also, please remember most of the playerbase does not have the gold coinage available for transfer stones that some of the people against this #day have. mean that in a nice way :D

Edited by Aislar

I think that there are people who wait for sun tzu to train or turn in quest or wait for triple harvest day to harvest things they dont normally harvest or wait for peace day to get hydro etc etc the list goes on.

so why does it seem unreasonable that some people might wait to do certain things on this day?

@Raz

Just because you spent transfer stones via coin or cash doesn't make this idea unworthy. A game in beta changes and evolves into something better hopefully. In that process some people are unhappy about updates simply because they had to do something the hard way. Not saying thats the case with you but it's a valid observation. And howdy Raz I miss talking to you.

+1 Aislar

I think that this day would be overpowered.

Also, what would you do if the day ends and i wear arti cape/armors/weapons for which i don't have nexus ?

I'd suggest some decrease in requirements, not a total ignore of required nexus.

I think that this day would be overpowered.

Also, what would you do if the day ends and i wear arti cape/armors/weapons for which i don't have nexus ?

I'd suggest some decrease in requirements, not a total ignore of required nexus.

yea, i brought up the bolded part in my original post. unless the day was for mixing/harving only, i think it'd be up to the devs to see if there was a way to control what items people have equipped at the end of the #day.

+1 Exactly what Wizzy said. Since we have nexus transfer stones, it's easy to shift them around at will.

PLUS: Don't forget with every new #day introduced the chance for all other special days is decreased as well. I think we already have enough special days.

Edited by Raistlin

From my perspective, once the #day changed the item would be violating some innate law of the universe, and would therefore have to be destroyed (not unequipped) at the moment the #day changes.

It would allow me to do the crafting tutorial without switching nexus there and back.

From this point of view i like it.

This is exactly why I DONT like this suggestion.

There is already a way to deal with this, we don't need a free way to avoid this issue altogether.

Yeah I must agree with Wizzy too.

Nexuses are together with attribs thing what make the character build special. Delete this speciality, even for a few hours, would unbalance the game, not fair for people who have high nexuses.

As mentioned by few others - we got already solution for the missing nexus problem and I think it's great one, you don't have to reset anymore when you want to switch to other skill.

I would like to see something like this, but I always thought the right way to do it would be a #day of +1 nexus. So all your nexus levels are only increased by 1 for the day. That doesn't open the door to huge abuse or mixing issues like a no-nexus #day would, but would provide a nice little increase.

I would like to see something like this, but I always thought the right way to do it would be a #day of +1 nexus. So all your nexus levels are only increased by 1 for the day. That doesn't open the door to huge abuse or mixing issues like a no-nexus #day would, but would provide a nice little increase.

There would have to be a #day of -1 nexus without the possibility to remove it to make it balanced.

+1

With either proposed version the solution will be difficult especially for people wearing armor and wielding weapons they are not normally entitled to use. Having them disappear is bad since communication failures DO occur - some one could be knocked off and only thing they could do would be wait until another such day before logging in.

There would have to be a #day of -1 nexus without the possibility to remove it to make it balanced.

There could be a day of -1, but it doesn't have to be balanced. Are there any other negative days that can't be removed?

Just because something is added to the game to make it more interesting or more fun doesn't not mean something bad has to be added too. It's OK to have fun, just for the sake of fun.

Wanted to bumb that topic up again as we have day of positivity, and science day a day of no nexus really would bumb the things up.

As to people wearing stuff that they are not supposed to, well as right now if you reset you can keep carring what you do there should be a code in game that puts things you cannot wear into your inventory as soon as there is space in there anyway. and otherwise just make it so as if that item is not worn you do not have nexus then it just takes up a slot and does not do anything.

There could be a day of -1, but it doesn't have to be balanced. Are there any other negative days that can't be removed?

Just because something is added to the game to make it more interesting or more fun doesn't not mean something bad has to be added too. It's OK to have fun, just for the sake of fun.

I also made the "day of +1 nexus" proposal, let's say "Day of Increased Nexus" (DIN), some time ago in chats and I think it makes sense.

DIN may actually motivate people to get more nexuses in order to get the right chance on the DIN.

Example: harvest hydro with Ino=5 on a +1 nexus day.

DIN may actually promote the use of transfer stones.

In previous example: if I am Ino=4 I can transfer one nexus on the DIN, and mine hydro at the cost of two transfer stones (one to reach Ino 5, and one to put the nexus back in its place) instead of four, but risking my rostos on the way. Cheaper than now, but definitely not free.

In general, it seems to me that most complex stuff in various abilities is done at nexus 6 or more, with nexus 5 being used for not a lot of items, so the positive day would only be an advantage, not a free-ride.

I also think it would be good to have also a "day on -1 Nexus", or "Day of Reduced Nexus" (DRN).

I agree with groomsh, even a +1 nexus day would be overpowered, and a -1 nexus day would be actually tricky and fun to handle.

If you think e.g. about PK, instances and invances, a DRN would be a limitation to fighters in the kind of equipment they use. Think of what would happen if the day starts when you are in a fight and you can no longer exchange weapons and armors because of the sudden nexus reduction.

This may actually encourage some fighters to get additional nexuses to overcome the limitation (again, they do not come for free). Same for other activities, which on a DRN would have practitioners forced to focus on lower-level items.

All in all, a DRN it would be a difficult day with a good chance of being removed by a stone (but there's always a balance, there are many other kinds of negative days and a limited supply of removal stones).

I think that adding such a couple of days would be an interesting and fun experiment.

xam