Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seiduna

Gold coins

Oi

I have been playing now for 6 months(?).

Until now I did not need much money, but now...

All I am saying is, that it would be nice,

if I could make 10k gold coins in ... how much hours?

What is the fastest way to make money in el?

Thank you

Depends on your levels. If you are rather new, I would suggest fire essences. They sell for up to 4gcs now.

Use cooked meat to mix them as it has low cooldown. ctrl+H -> Newbie FAQ , second page explains how to cook meat but if you need help with that, feel free to ask in channel 1. There is almost always someone who can help.

Good luck :)

Edit: As you progress, you can move on to other essences which sell for more. But for now, fire essences are you best gold coin/time.

Edited by hussam

oi guys

so.. selling essences? fire, heal and up...

but yes, looking to find best gc/time ratio.

I have to run some calculations...

time to harvest plant for HE..

time to harvest silver for HE...

time to make HE...

best sell rate is 9 gc for 1 HE

and for silver ore is 2.5

If (e.g.) time for start/sale HE is 10 h, and I get 1000 gc,

and if I make more than 1000 gc in same time (10 h) for

just harvesting/selling silver ore...

my OA is 76,

a/d 44/43

har 70

alc 37

mag 18

pot 0

sum 0

man 11

cra 0

eng 0

tai 0

ran 17

nexux inorganic 6

phy 8

coo 8

rea 35

wil 35

ins 4

vit 4

Edited by Seiduna

I used to know someone in game who compiled a (ridiculous) spreadsheet with gc/hr rates of various activities in EL. His claim was that the best gc/hr rate available outside of anything a/d related was to harvest daffodils in irsis and sell them to the flower shop there for 1gc each.

His claim was that the best gc/hr rate available outside of anything a/d related was to harvest daffodils in irsis and sell them to the flower shop there for 1gc each.

Harvest fruit in PL and sell to the Tavern next to for 0.6 ea

Faster to harvest.

oi guys

so.. selling essences? fire, heal and up...

but yes, looking to find best gc/time ratio.

I have to run some calculations...

time to harvest plant for HE..

time to harvest silver for HE...

time to make HE...

best sell rate is 9 gc for 1 HE

and for silver ore is 2.5

If (e.g.) time for start/sale HE is 10 h, and I get 1000 gc,

and if I make more than 1000 gc in same time (10 h) for

just harvesting/selling silver ore...

well if its only for making gc, just as korrode says..buy gc...

my thought of making HE's is also getting xp for alch and at harvest xp time for silver.

:pickaxe:

1) make essences and sell them. that gives you the opportunity to level up your alchemy so you can eventually sell more profitable items such as steel bars.

2) harvest lilacs in valley of the dwarfs and sell them to NPC.

I don't see the need to overwhelm new players with anything more complicated.

Edited by hussam

His claim was that the best gc/hr rate available outside of anything a/d related was to harvest daffodils in irsis and sell them to the flower shop there for 1gc each.

Harvest fruit in PL and sell to the Tavern next to for 0.6 ea

Faster to harvest.

IP tavern is faster - but still a slow boring way to make gc!

Why not concentrate on playing to enjoy and making gc when you get a chance - rather than let gc be the overriding factor?

sitting in MM cave and harvesting silver, then selling to the bots right near the ore looks fairly fast :P assuming they aren't already full. when a friend first joined the game that's all he did for a while, found a nex removal in the process

With your alch lvl, making FEs imo is the best option, quick todo, chance of enriched & you'll never have a problem selling them.

I was always mixing/selling FEs when i started out, hell i still do now if i want to make some quick cash (is one of the strange few that enjoys making FEs) ;)

I would suggest save mixing HEs/Bars etc until your lvl is abit higher, @37 you will get alot of critical fails.

Best of luck with what ever you decide todo :icon13:

If you want some real big profits once your alchemy gets higher, doing steel bars in secluded places brings big GC, that is if someone doesn't jump your hyperbag before you finish it.. but really with your emu and rationality stick to fire essences, if you've got the patience to save 30k or so FE your alch level should be high enough to start some bars so you could do 10k or so steel bars and then sell them. 600k or so should be more than enough to start some bigger projects.

If you want some real big profits once your alchemy gets higher, doing steel bars in secluded places brings big GC, that is if someone doesn't jump your hyperbag before you finish it.. but really with your emu and rationality stick to fire essences, if you've got the patience to save 30k or so FE your alch level should be high enough to start some bars so you could do 10k or so steel bars and then sell them. 600k or so should be more than enough to start some bigger projects.

I suggest you don't do hyperbags or any bags at all, just make the bars at the iron ore. Not risk of losing your stuff and reducing the iron to bars means fewer trips to striage without needing to become a mule.

Hello just after seeing your stats, i decided to post here :P. You can do what i say after you level up 9 magic level ( or like 6 magic level and using magic potion to not use potion each minute)

You are probably trying to make a mage so i might have something for you, it might be hard to harvest and make gc so a good way to make gc is to mix essence,but because of your emu you might get bored fast.

So I suggest as you are doing a mage build to make gc and also level up in magic. :D

Ask someone to help you mule (you can give him/her gc) some spirit restoration / life essence ( for life drain spell) in Azaghel castle in Zirakinbar (careful there are hobgobelin outside the castle). And go fight the phantom warrior with leather armor and a iron broad sword, you should life drain them 25 hp. I used to do that with my alt to level up my magic level, but i remarked that i made nice gc too :D + the lovely s2es.

Hope you'll try this, and enjoy it.

Edited by aravinth

The fastest way to make gc? Teamwork.

Try getting a friend to do a harvest event with you and split the proceeds. If your friend has a higher emu capacity, have that person haul the stuff to storage. Reset your counters before you start so you know how much you harvested. Have your buddy do the same. Sell the proceed or mix it into something to sell. The higher the emu capacity that your friend has, the higher the efficiency of the harvest event.

Another option....harvest silver or iron and sell it to a bot a few steps away. lol Of course, you will make the bot owner rich too.

Oh! You could mix bars in DP CC and sell them to Alch_Store! That is my bot!

Oi EL people

First, sorry for delayed response, I had some work to do...

I got a nice gc income from selling rat tails and bones.

I also think that selling silver is good, but I rather have it for making HE,

which I need to heal myself when fighting to collect bones.

As for the way I am going... I do not know yet..

As I started I saw this rationality thing,

and I figured out, that if I am ever going to make a use of it,

it is most wisely to get it at the beginning,

since all later endeavours will have profit from it.

I am not so much into fighting, well,

now I do collect bones, but I like to be able to wear nice clothes.

Thank you all for your input