Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thilien

Lion and the EL client

Hi Thilien,

Had same issue. Turn off Eye Candy and you'll be good to go.

See you in game,

Sulla

Hello, anybody got problems with Lion? I got many unexpected crashes on both my macs.

Running on the same machines under Snow Leopard it was pretty stable.

Thilien

Hi Thilien,

See you in game,

Sulla

Thanks Sulla, it works. :)

Now the programmers have something to work on.

Thilien

Happy to help.

Right now we're the only ones (at least vocal about it) using Lion. Whenever RL gives me some time I'll see what I can figure out about the Open-GL crash and get the info out there.

Hi Thilien,

See you in game,

Sulla

Thanks Sulla, it works. :)

Now the programmers have something to work on.

Thilien

Guest EXOSET

Excuse me, i'm new to this game and i do not know how to create a new account for EL... Can you help me please? I'm also using Lion...

Thanks !

EXOSET

You create a new character in-game so just fire up the client and click the New Character button on the welcome screen.

Edited by chr0nik

Guest EXOSET

You create a new character in-game so just fire up the client and click the New Character button on the welcome screen.

Ok, thx a lot...

I've got a problem when i try to launch the game... i've put the game in full hd and unwindowed and it freezes, i can't play anymore...

Can someone help me please, i 'd really like to play EL...

Thanks !

EXO'

Ok, thx a lot...

I've got a problem when i try to launch the game... i've put the game in full hd and unwindowed and it freezes, i can't play anymore...

Thanks !

EXO'

Most simple solution would be to delete your el.ini file and start the client again, and avoid full screen mode

Ok, thx a lot...

Thanks !

EXO'

With out knowing much about your system, in EL, look at settings menu -> troubleshooting -> poor_man.

if that fixes it that will allow you to play and you can find me in game. just read about the chat system and sent me a PM. if i'm not around just try again later. RL is busy right now so EL time is limited.

Hello,

news about the "Eye Candy" issue?

Thilien

I've narrowed it down to a function but RL is kicking my butt right now and just haven't had time to work on it for a few weeks. Hopefully can get back to it soon.

I have a TEST version with the corrected eye candy code. If you can compile client, I will tell you the change otherwise give me a few days to make sure it's ok. Then I'll figure a distribution method.

I have a TEST version with the corrected eye candy code. If you can compile client, I will tell you the change otherwise give me a few days to make sure it's ok. Then I'll figure a distribution method.

Second day of testing with all graphics stuff activated and no crashes so far. Thank you :)

P.S.

Actually on my white Macbook equipped with Nvidia Geforce 6400 reflections are giving flashing surfaces over the sea but that's another story :)

Edited by Thilien

Guest Steve

Second day of testing with all graphics stuff activated and no crashes so far. Thank you :)

P.S.

Actually on my white Macbook equipped with Nvidia Geforce 6400 reflections are giving flashing surfaces over the sea but that's another story :)

Hello, i am just starting up EL again i played many years ago :), I'm using a Mac running Lion and keep getting crashes, how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Steve

P.S.

Hello, i am just starting up EL again i played many years ago :), I'm using a Mac running Lion and keep getting crashes, how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hey Steve,

2 options. Sir_odie's client http://www.gm.fh-koeln.de/~linke/EL-Services.html

or 0ctaine's: http://www.0ctane.net/files/EternalLands192b.zip

Both contain the Lion bug fix.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this