Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pyewacket

Collateral damage perk suggestion

I'd like to suggest either an additional effect to the current Collateral damage perk, or the option to by a stage 2 version of it, with the following effect added:

One perkers setting off bombs around the person with the Collateral damage perk will also cause damage to the person with the Collateral perk. This can be offset by giving the player one or several more pickpoints, and a fairly hefty gc cost to buy it.

I know theres going to be replies of "omfg you want MOAR free pp?!" but really, considering the risk involved, and the likelyhood of dying by 3rd party bombers, I argue that the reward is equalled in measure to the risk, if not outweighed by it. There's already uses for mines/snares against One perk players, I think it's only fair to give more options to the players who try to capitalise on mine placement. It also stands a good chance of improving the market for the engineering items involved, and their requisite components.

Note: For those interested, I have the collateral damage perk, and am not an engineer.

Mines aren't usually "set off" by the One perkers themselves, spamming RC mine, RC detonator, RC mine, RC detonator etc. is more effective.

And I can't say i have ever been near someone when they are bombing someone with One, it isn't that common and the game isn't busy enough for people to be near. Even if this perk was just an extra 1 PP i would definitely take it, no question.

@ mango: Not meaning that One perkers set off bombs deliberately, more a case of them finding out the hard way that someone has laid mines in storage or tele room. But I take your point regarding RC items.

@ Alchemic: No, since you dont directly set off items that One Perkers do, and you'd also only take a % of their hits, minus item stat reductions (IE armour on moonmed reduces collateral damage from other peoples cavern walls at present). This is aimed at allowing bombers to try and hit 2+ targets at once, whereas, as of now they only have a single target group.

Since bombing seems to be an actual career path for some players, why not allow it to evolve in the same way other aspects of the game do? After all, One perk was added to bring this whole Bombing thing into play, let's improve it further for the Bombers out there. It's only fair they should have perks for their chosen gc investment and ingame playstyle. For the record, I hate seeing the "you are in X range of a mine" thingy, and it freaks me to see the message even though I am never planning to take the One perk. BUT I am happy to have my collateral have extra risk if there's extra incentive added.

I consider 1 pp from this perk is too much for the risk taken... so why dont amplify its effect to every damage event from flowers/ores/dung? ... that would will add the extra thinking of where stay AFK (far away from any harvestable)

I consider 1 pp from this perk is too much for the risk taken... so why dont amplify its effect to every damage event from flowers/ores/dung? ... that would will add the extra thinking of where stay AFK (far away from any harvestable)

Because all the other perks that give you pickpoints already have such a huge risk involved :P