Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
van_binsbergen

mixable exp books

Hi

I want to stand up and ask my fellow 100+ manuers/crafters/tailors (in future potters/engineers and others)..

We are about to mix EXP books, we made a long way to our lvl 100s.

Now its time to get our time and gc back that we invested, took us long to reach 100.

We can form an agreement to not lower our prices to much. there are only a few in every skill that can make books. Since APs will be used, there is a limit for us too to make the books! (I dont know how much yet, will be in like 12 hours)

So I want to hear the top mixers to join. there are only like 10 for every skill!

cant be that hard eh?! ;p

Van_binsbergen

If you sell too pricy nobody will care to buy those books since it will be cheaper to mix some stuff.

ofcourse abit cheaper than NPC, but alot exp books will be read. I did manu books reading, have had more than 100. so yes they will sell.

I just say dont underprice eachother. no point for that since we are with such a small group that can write books

ONce they are made, they will be hard to buy. Especially if cheaper than the NPC. Everyone will just buy them up.

I am no where near 100 in any skill (80s) and even those aren't the skills for exp books, but if I made any, I would likely sell to my own group of friends just because there may not be a whole lot in game.

Or I would just use them for myself (which I find it odd why you guys would even sell them... exp is harder to get than gc...)

Edited by Lexi

Oh hell yeah lets not under price each other and make a competitive market. Nah let's squeeze all we can out of our fellow players for sure. I mean come on, it's the EL way. Should you all not mix for ings either? Because all these non 100 lvl little twerps don't deserve reasonably priced anything.

It's like everything else in EL. People sell cheaper so that they can make a sale. It's more about the number of books that will be out there for sale, and not about the number of people selling them. It's also about the individuals who make them, and what they feel like selling the book for. Even though there are very few who will be making these, there will be at least one person willing to sell cheaper than someone else.

Oh hell yeah lets not under price each other and make a competitive market. Nah let's squeeze all we can out of our fellow players for sure. I mean come on, it's the EL way. Should you all not mix for ings either? Because all these non 100 lvl little twerps don't deserve reasonably priced anything.

I agree 100% with the sentiments expressed here. Frankly, the idea of some sort of price fixing between those players capable of writing the books is, in my opinion, repugnant and shameful :brooding: . Anyone selling anything should be able to freely determine what price they ask for it. If the price is too high, nobody will want the item, but if the price is attractive enough sales will flow. Nothing personal, van_binsbergen, but if you're worried that you may not make as much gold from writing these books as you'd like, then don't make them. That's my 2gc anyway.

I dont need gc, I just want to get some out of my hard work.

mixers are always underpaid. I spend like 5m gc to tailor and Im only lvl 70.

Still have like 3m gc in clothes and fabrics what I cant sell.

Also I spend alot gc in schools to level. who are you to say the ones that worked this hard cant earn al little?

but nevermind all, we cant make many books. it needs AP, and alot. so I will only sell a few crafting books a week ..

Just wanted a mixers strike, like ol times

Edited by van_binsbergen

I spend like 5m gc to tailor and Im only lvl 70. Still have like 3m gc in clothes and fabrics what I cant sell.

'm not trying to be mean here, so please don't take it the wrong way, but this is exactly why the vast majority of the game doesn't bother with tailoring. It's too hard to level and serves practically no purpose. Even the person ranked 10 is 'only' level 51. I glad that you enjoyed leveling it enough to bother getting all the way to level 70, but that doesn't mean people now have to reward you for it.

rewarded no, but if I can get a few gc back with mixing I would like to do it.

Im not taking it as mean :)

Sold the 1st book for a fair price..

FYI I needed to lvl tailor, want to have an average lvl 100 on each skill.

Tailor was less hard to train ;p but I wont train it more probably

rewarded no, but if I can get a few gc back with mixing I would like to do it.

Im not taking it as mean :)

Sold the 1st book for a fair price..

FYI I needed to lvl tailor, want to have an average lvl 100 on each skill.

Tailor was less hard to train ;p but I wont train it more probably

bought the first book :)

Yes mix skills are underpaid, thats why i stopped with the mayority atm. I determine the price, if its paid good, if not I really dont bother much anymore. Thats market, and also sellers have a choice, to not sell. AD is much much more xp than making steel bars at iron ore ...

Edited by roman_gruber

(we) I made a 8 year walk to get here. lets just sqeeeze those (USD paying) noobs!

When i started there where no exp book, no quests. I made like the first 40 levels with 40k silver rings, or 20k leather helms. anyhow, it was hard!

Why should I give away exp to starters, let them pay for exp! Let them work.

I mixed alot, also my own ings (high alch)

lets just all work (or pay) for levels!!!!!!

Edited by van_binsbergen

I think the tailor book has enough room for a tidy "profit"... not so much the others though.

Anyway... I would so love a quest that uses tailoring items, would use a lot of unused clothing :)

I give you all my awes to those who level tailor... lots of work.

I will not let you manage my life and my game, van_binsbergen.

I would do as I thought that I would like to, as I always have.

Your attempt at price fixing and your arrogance I dislike greatly.

Just because you're an old gamer, you are more deserving than another player, you are entitled to more consideration, or you have more rights at all.

Your choice of play only for you: assume them. And if you're afraid of the competition, you mix the heart of a warrior.

Versus french

Je ne vous laisserai pas gérer ma vie et mon jeu, van_binsbergen .

Je ferais comme je le penserais pour qui je voudrais, comme je l'ai toujours fait.

Votre tentative d'entente sur les prix et votre arrogance me déplaisent considérablement.

Ce n'est pas parce que vous êtes un ancien du jeu, que vous êtes plus méritant qu'un autre joueur, que vous avez droit à plus de considération, ou que vous avez plus de droits tout court.

Vos choix de jeu ne concerne que vous : assumez-les. Et si vous avez peur de la concurrence, mixez-vous un coeur de guerrier.

Hehe, Heya van B.

Still on the same track I see, it's all a matter of how want to experience this game, I see this as a social game and you continue to see the game as an old-school competition like game

(and high levels or top-x ratings are your goal I assume)

Over time the price for anything in EL is based on the availability and willingness from players to make items, I do hope your point of view on EL does not get adopted by too many players although I admit there have to be some, just like there need to be bagjumpers and PK-ers, in order to have stable community.

Nevertheless I totally agree with Miri, let everyone decide their actions for themselves, and yes, I too have been playing for a long time now (with restarting and longer periods of not playing, but starting in '06) that I consider myself an 'old' gamer.

Well.... we'll see how the future for the writing books-market works out, meet you ingame again,

M-A.

@ michel: hurry back

@miri lol... you still think I am Dre's alt? Or Dre is my alt?

I dont manage your life. buy books for my price or leave me alone...

I am not affraid of competition, infact, I quit skilling/leveling soon. I like to have a few players that are hunting top rankings. I will be take over soon.

@all: the price of exp will be almost NPC price. it wont chance alot.

yes I fix the price. the books are (I found out!) that hard to make that they will be worth NPC price.

I repeat: lets just all work (or pay) for levels!!!!!!

I think its funny, all who dislike my proposel cant make these books? (no offend)

Edited by van_binsbergen

There are plenty of things that can be mixed for profit, just as there are skills which are difficult (or even pretty much impossible) to level without pouring a considerable amount of your own gc into them. One of your arguments seems to be: I work hard to level my skills, therefore I'm entitled to make a decent return on the gc I invest to level up. This is sheer nonsense, and in no way justifies going around trying to fix prices. Most people who like mixing/making stuff have long since accepted that some of these skills/items will constitute a net loss, and you don't hear them complaining about it, or trying to exercise some sort of control on the market (I'm sure some do, by the way, but there don't seem to be very many, or perhaps they do it in a more discreet manner). Personally, I'm quite happy to throw gc at any skill I want to raise -after all, it isn't real money we're talking about, and I don't feel (as some do, apparently) that the time I spend playing EL is intrinsically worth some sort of compensation. If I did, I'd play EL a lot less and spend a lot more time looking for customers in the real world :happy:

Thing is, this is just a game, and one of the great things about it is that anyone can do whatever they want when it comes to shaping their character's set of skills. You didn't have to raise tailoring to level 70, and I really hope you are not labouring under the delusion that getting your level up there was in any way performing a service for the community, for which you ought to be recompensed in some way. As you said yourself, your objective seems to be reaching the Top Whatever for as many skills as possible. That's all well and good, but not everyone plays the game that way, and I don't see how you can expect others to finance your campaign for status/recognition/whatever it is you feel that reaching the giddy heights of EL's Top Whatever will bring you.

Bottom line is: you can sell the books for whatever price you wish, and I for one would be more than happy to buy some if I feel the price is fair, but as far as I'm concerned (and I'm not the only one, it seems) any attempt to fix prices in order to squeeze as much as possible out of lesser-level players is both morally bankrupt and in complete contradiction with the spirit which most of the EL community seem inclined to foster in the game.

Having said that, MichelAngelo is absolutely right, lurkers and scammers and bagjumpers are as much part of the game as anyone else, and have as much right to play it as anyone else, so long as they break none of the official rules. Ultimately, it's entirely up to you, so good luck with 'taking over soon' and amassing as many gc as you can :rolleyes:

Edit: added the last sentence to the first paragraph.

Edited by Olorandir

Ever heard of cartel argeements? Quite illegal and immoral in business. Let the market decide the price, if you don't like it, don't make the books or don't sell them, simple as that. Who are you to dictate market prices? Nobody should and fortunately very few can :)

Only supply and demand indeed will decide its market value, in such short time no one can predict their value yet, however considering the items needed and the skill levels required to make them I do foresee an increasing demand in saving stones.

(we) I made a 8 year walk to get here. lets just sqeeeze those (USD paying) noobs!

When i started there where no exp book, no quests. I made like the first 40 levels with 40k silver rings, or 20k leather helms. anyhow, it was hard!

Why should I give away exp to starters, let them pay for exp! Let them work.

I mixed alot, also my own ings (high alch)

lets just all work (or pay) for levels!!!!!!

@ michel: hurry back

@miri lol... you still think I am Dre's alt? Or Dre is my alt?

I dont manage your life. buy books for my price or leave me alone...

I am not affraid of competition, infact, I quit skilling/leveling soon. I like to have a few players that are hunting top rankings. I will be take over soon.

@all: the price of exp will be almost NPC price. it wont chance alot.

yes I fix the price. the books are (I found out!) that hard to make that they will be worth NPC price.

I repeat: lets just all work (or pay) for levels!!!!!!

I think its funny, all who dislike my proposel cant make these books? (no offend)

You heard him folks! He's better then us. His 20k leather helms were more work then my 20k leather helms! His time getting his levels was more precious then yours! He MUST have the right to dictate market prices then get pissy when people say they don't appreciate that sentiment. Silly us!

Bins no one care about your levels, we are all talking about price fixing and further fsking up a fsked up market.

Only supply and demand indeed will decide its market value, in such short time no one can predict their value yet, however considering the items needed and the skill levels required to make them I do foresee an increasing demand in saving stones.

I don't know how much action with be "worth" but i don't think i will be using saving stones when I make the books as(at least to me) the ing. don't add up to over 35k.......

Forgive me for replying off topic and perhaps I should have added a smiley at the end before.

Perhaps you are right, only time will tell.