Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeLong

Need Help

Guest JoeLong

Ok running Fadora 14.

For Linux:

Just put a # before the browser you use, and make sure there there are not two or more browsers

selected. That is, deselect the windows browser

browser = konqueror

browser = opera

#browser = mozilla

browser = netscape

Choose your language - all languages available are located in the ./languages/ folder in your eternal lands directory.

The languages are however easily extendable and if you wish, you can translate the client into your language by editing

the files found in the languages directory.

#language= "en"

This option allows you to specify a directory other than the current directory to load data from.

This needs to be set to where you installed EL.

For Windows users, the default is "c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\".

For Gentoo users, the ebuild installs in /usr/share/games/eternal-lands.

#data_dir = /home/JoeLong/Desktop/el_linux

This is what the el.ini looks like after I edited it.

[root@Kitty JoeLong]# cd /home/JoeLong/Desktop/el_linux/

[root@Kitty el_linux]# ./el.x86.linux.bin

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This is what I get all the time changed the el.x86.linux.bin file as told too.

Which ini file are you editing? The one located in the directory with the binary is the default ini that ships with the install. It is copied to ~/.elc/main and any changes made to options in game are persisted there.

What are the contents of your ~/.elc/error_log.txt? Also, what video card are you using? Paste the output from this command:

lspci |grep -i vga

If you're using an integrated intel gpu, sometimes renaming the shaders directory before starting the client will alleviate a segfault. For you, the shaders folder would be located under /home/JoeLong/Desktop/el_linux/

Another thing to try is to find this line in your el.ini file

#use_animation_program= 1

change the 1 to a 0 and try restarting the client.

Edited by chr0nik

Guest JoeLong

Which ini file are you editing? The one located in the directory with the binary is the default ini that ships with the install. It is copied to ~/.elc/main and any changes made to options in game are persisted there.

What are the contents of your ~/.elc/error_log.txt? Also, what video card are you using? Paste the output from this command:

lspci |grep -i vga

If you're using an integrated intel gpu, sometimes renaming the shaders directory before starting the client will alleviate a segfault. For you, the shaders folder would be located under /home/JoeLong/Desktop/el_linux/

Ok I'm running 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07

I'm still very new to Linux. I'm editing the el.ini that's in the folder I unzipped. The laptop I'm using did run windows vista but now it's interiorly Fedora. Tried the animation_program change to 0 didn't work. Tried the poor man too.

Guest JoeLong

lspci |grep -i vga

Ok thank you very much. I went in and caped the s on the shaders folder and tried it again and it worked.

Guest JoeLong

One more question how can I play in full screen. For some reason when I go full screen it cuts off part of the top and bottom mainly the eye icon to edit my new character.

do you have the option 'Disable Window Size adjustment' selected? You can find this in the video tab.

BEFORE you log on or create a new char, go to the options to deselect this (if selected), then log in. It might require a relog. Verify that the option is still changed and then it should adjust the window size appropriately. Alternatively, you can select a small size to start with and change it later. (In linux I dont think this requires a restart).

Guest JoeLong

do you have the option 'Disable Window Size adjustment' selected? You can find this in the video tab.

BEFORE you log on or create a new char, go to the options to deselect this (if selected), then log in. It might require a relog. Verify that the option is still changed and then it should adjust the window size appropriately. Alternatively, you can select a small size to start with and change it later. (In linux I dont think this requires a restart).

Ok got it not real sure how. Now the x to close the game is gone so how would I close out when I need to?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this