Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kjir

Haidir/Talon mission bugs

Hi,

I experienced some bugs while questing for Talon, different from the ones already reported: Talon asked for 20 hobgoblins, I killed just 18 (the counters are 18/18 for both session and overall, these were my very first hobgoblins). After getting the exp and money, I still had the "Haidir sent me..." option and it asked for 20 hobgobs again, now I will try and kill them to see if I get a reward too...

Could it be the gargoyle at the entrance? I now noticed that I have 22 kills in this session, 18 hobgobs and 4 gargoyles. I killed the gargoyle while exiting the undergrounds after finishing the hobgobs and once again right now, so that means that when I got the message for "Hobgoblins killed" I had killed 18 hobgobs and 2 gargs...

Ok I found out that the counters are wrong, because apparently there is one hobgob that will not be counted as a kill, probably related to previous reports...

My alt drunkenbeaver just got Talon for daily, killed 16 and received the finished message. Talon allowed me to turn it in. I do not see a message to kill the hobgoblins again, though.

Edit: misread the above comment, it's just a problem with the local counters file. She has 40 bones in her inventory, so she did kill 20, just 4 of them don't count towards the counters.

Edited by hatwood

Client side counters are not reliable, don't trust them when it comes to killing Haidir creatures, just count the bones and wait for the message. This is not a game bug but a (well known) client issue.