Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Caliphear

New mob the Badaran - how do we kill it

Nice job! :)

Wowsers and well done, congratulations :icon13:

Well, the team of Charisma, cajun_belle, KriXuS, guinevereanne, and finja killed the badaran again, and we got ANOTHER bad day removal stone. :\

Well, the team of Charisma, cajun_belle, KriXuS, guinevereanne, and finja killed the badaran again, and we got ANOTHER bad day removal stone. :\

Well Done all. The second Badaran kill is now done :). The following donated things to this kill.

badaran2.png

Krixus 10 scales,

Guinevereanne 226 orange fabric, mixed the 335 PA ring

Finja 5k magic essies, 530 earth, sand paper, water essences,

Charisma 345 polished rubies,690 polished sapps

Bigbass 1k energy essies

Yethq 353 nails

Lahadrion 300 iron bars for nails

Cajun_Belle Water essences, 335 silver rings,mixed nails

Guinevereanne,Finja,Charisma,Cajun_Belle, Krixus 3700 energy essences

joo 1600 earth essences

Edited by cajun_belle

Hi, not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread already (didn't see it), but has anyone noticed, yet that the first 5 letters of the "Ba Da R an" could stand for exactly this type of day stone? Now unless "an" stands for "And Nodropsday" or "And Nonstopday" or something it may be that the bad day removals are the only drop... which would be sad, of course - I mean simply because it would be rather "boring" to have only one and the same stone always on this monster...

On the other hand in his Server update message, Radu was using the plural when speking of the dropped stones:

Added a new monster, who drops/uses day stones. I took some of the day stones from the nenorocit and added them to this new monster.

Let's just hope for the best :rolleyes:

I think it should drop some gold too, Neno drops gold, and it's less expensive, of course Bada doesn't teleport around the world... but just saying, I am hearing people saying they arn't gonna fight him anymore, so he needs something else besides the stone (which seems to be the bad day removal a lot.. >.>).

The TEAMWORK is there, just need incentive for the TEAM to work.

Of course... Radu did say it wasn't gonna be farmable... but I thought that was just because of all the different kills/items involved. Don't know :P

I would find it cool personally if perhaps the neccesary items were less expensive, but the particular items were randomized (still one for each skill).

We had a lot of fun figuring out the items but tbh you have no clue how expensive that was. No one was doing the badaran because they all whined it was too hard. you say use things less expensive but you want to randomize the items making it more expensive. No one will ever do it.

As for the items used you dont get it there either. Radu chose items in the game are that are not used , barely used, or have absolutly no use in game giving a purpose for these items.

One final comment to everyone : Radu said it's not expensive if everyone chips in. Thank you for proving our point that the problem is it's always a select few who chip in and do things that benefit the community. Yet some of you can surely complain and whine about what the results are. Thanks to those few who have helped and donated.And thanks to my teamates : Cajun_Belle, Maxine, Finja, Guine, Aislar,and Krixus.

Edited by Caliphear

So you could make it randomized from a list of items that are currently underused, this way after some time you would know most possible options so less expensive to find the correct item, but still some randomization fun. This makes the experience slightly more dynamic instead of just grinding out a set list of objects.

However, as you suggest I am probably a complete idiot who has no idea what he is talking about :)

So you could make it randomized from a list of items that are currently underused, this way after some time you would know most possible options so less expensive to find the correct item, but still some randomization fun. This makes the experience slightly more dynamic instead of just grinding out a set list of objects.

However, as you suggest I am probably a complete idiot who has no idea what he is talking about :)

Radu is going to switch items sometime in the future. He already said that. When he does, you're very welcome to figure it out yourself. :)

Edited by Caliphear

Today we killed the Badaran for a third time and this time he used a Magic Day stone. It was a normal day so think it may drop stones on special days and use the stones on regular days. It would be nice for some other ppl to try the Badaran.

EDIT: It used the stone half way through the day so it is wise to kill it at the begining of a new day. This put us at a major loss but live and learn.

Edited by Caliphear

Bah, once again I spent large amount of gc and time to help with the effort, and since it used the stone at 3 AM my time, I wasn't even around to enjoy ANY of it.

Not going to make such an effort again.

I had assumed that, since you must be in melee for the Badaran to lose health, it would drop a stone. Guess I was wrong. Now the whole effort was wasted on half a #day-s worth of time that no one had an opportunity to prep for.

I have been working so hard on Badaran collection and global quest, that I have no ingredients for a nice special day at the moment.

:icon4:

Bah, once again I spent large amount of gc and time to help with the effort, and since it used the stone at 3 AM my time, I wasn't even around to enjoy ANY of it.

I had assumed that, since you must be in melee for the Badaran to lose health, it would drop a stone. Guess I was wrong. Now the whole effort was wasted on half a #day-s worth of time that no one had an opportunity to prep for.

I have been working so hard on Badaran collection and global quest, that I have no ingredients for a nice special day at the moment.

Well said !!

Well said !!

Maxine I am really sorry. We really did think that since you are in combat with the mob it would of dropped the stone. I am so sorry :(. I logged off right after it was killed today. We as a team was hoping to get a decent stone ,and that would allow us to stock up for a good day when it dropped the stone. I personally can help you restock storage that is not a problem. I was pretty bummed out of the stone thing today too!!!

even if a little gc was added it would be nice. It is a fun mob to kill just takes a lot of prep. I would like to see it stay in game just because it does give a reason to make some items like the orange fabric and gives me at least the incentive to level a little tailoring.

what if it also had a chance to drop oranges pears and grapes along with the stones? its a community effort animal, might be nice if it dropped things to help w/ the global quest.

what if it also had a chance to drop oranges pears and grapes along with the stones? its a community effort animal, might be nice if it dropped things to help w/ the global quest.

Excellent suggestion

Excellent suggestion

I second that! :)

Anyway, so if someone were to donate items needed for the Bada killings WHAT is needed the most? The only item I can make is the Earth Ess, which I HARDLY make and instead buy. I would RATHER collect ings than put gc into something (which ends up taking less gc for the project). And unforunately I put more work into getting the gc than I do an items (hard to believe?).

Try taking donations in ITEMS, not gc, maybe people will harvest/mix :)

Edited by Lexi

Excellent suggestion

I second that! :)

Anyway, so if someone were to donate items needed for the Bada killings WHAT is needed the most? The only item I can make is the Earth Ess, which I HARDLY make and instead buy. I would RATHER collect ings than put gc into something (which ends up taking less gc for the project). And unforunately I put more work into getting the gc than I do an items (hard to believe?).

Try taking donations in ITEMS, not gc, maybe people will harvest/mix :)

Whenever we asked for help on ch 6 we posted the link to the ITEMS needed and asked for contributions. Very little was donated and it was nearly all done by a very small group of players with little help from the 'community'. I cant imagine how this will go once we don't even know what the items are and have to spend another 10 hours trying everything systematically, including hard to get items. The second and third time around, we knew the items, and still, nobody cared enough to contribute. Frankly, considering the final result, I dont blame them.