Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.9.2 RC2

hmm, for me all icons and text are good...on rc2

but if i instal newest graph drivers i have this problem..

are you using ati device ?

I tried the RC2 for Mac and it crashes. The el.log says...

[16:35:02] Log started at: Sun May 29 16:35:02 2011 IST

[16:35:02] version: 1.9.1

[16:35:02] Info: Using cgl to get fsaa modes

[16:35:02] Info: Supported fsaa modes: x0, x2, x4, x8

[16:35:02] Info: Using the server profile: main

[17:07:22] Error: Duplicate actor ID

[17:13:36]Last message repeated 1time

[17:13:36] Info: Client closed

Edited by Entropy
removed useless log info

Even with Anti Aliasing feature off, I notice that text and icons look a bit blurred. The difference is quite noticeable for text on the HUD, particularly numbers for stats bars in the bottom HUD. When you switch back to the current client, everything looks so much sharper.

More info on this and the start of a trail for a fix.

Here's an image (perhaps I should have used a lossless format):

gallery_14814_173_15950.jpg

The top image shows the burred, pale image as it looks on starting the client. The bottom image is the same client, but after the resolution has been changed. This is a Linux client so the resolution can be changed without restarting. Hopefully, this means the problem can be fixed.

Even with Anti Aliasing feature off, I notice that text and icons look a bit blurred. The difference is quite noticeable for text on the HUD, particularly numbers for stats bars in the bottom HUD. When you switch back to the current client, everything looks so much sharper.

The top image shows the burred, pale image as it looks on starting the client. The bottom image is the same client, but after the resolution has been changed. This is a Linux client so the resolution can be changed without restarting. Hopefully, this means the problem can be fixed.

My text is also very similar to this, but I have not found an option that will fix this. Since I am windows, I have to restart client, so I can not fix it with changing resolution :/

Same issue here, everything else runs fine.

Note for further tracking of this: Seems this is related to some graphic cards. My friend runs an nvidia card and has no probs, and I recently switched to an ATI one. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Noticed something happening recently. I will start harvesting something in the usual manner by clicking on the thing that I want to harvest then after a while I will stop to eat or a mini event will cause me to stop. At this point I am unable to start harvesting again by clicking the thing. The pickaxe cursor appears but no message that I have started to harvest or funny sparkles. It is only by closing the application that I am able to resume my harvesting activities.

Same issue here, everything else runs fine.

Note for further tracking of this: Seems this is related to some graphic cards. My friend runs an nvidia card and has no probs, and I recently switched to an ATI one. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Well, I'm running an Nvidia GT 240 here, so Nvidia has the problem too.

Font rendering should be better now in git. You will see that in next rc/release

Thanks Xaphier.

I also fixed a bug introduced with the config options reorganisation. Lots of duplicate entries for #shadows_on and #use_animation_program. The bug fix will remove all the duplicate entries (including any it finds that were not caused by the new bug).

Noticed something happening recently. I will start harvesting something in the usual manner by clicking on the thing that I want to harvest then after a while I will stop to eat or a mini event will cause me to stop. At this point I am unable to start harvesting again by clicking the thing. The pickaxe cursor appears but no message that I have started to harvest or funny sparkles. It is only by closing the application that I am able to resume my harvesting activities.

Noticed same thing w/old client which I am still running. It appears to be something designed to frustrate bot writers although I have been told many times almost every idiosyncrasy, peculiarity, etc is designed to frustrate bot writers. I have found that I need to click other areas several times before clicking harvest spot to start harvesting again but I can get it working.

lol saxum... what you guys are describing is just the harvesting cooldown. Is more noticeable on higher harvestables. When you stop harvesting, for restart it, you have to wait the same time it takes you to harvest 1 of that item.

With respect to the fonts being fuzzy, the fuzziness on my system goes away if I use one of the standard (e.g. 800x600) resolutions, for user defined resolutions, the font gets fuzzy.

I hope it is indeed fixed in the new RC, my old eyes cant read the fuzzy fonts :P

Not sure if this is the proper place, but here goes:

I've had problems with the UVP setting: changing it to 1 made all my characters disappear.

That is, until someone suggested I needed to restart the client after enabling UVP. The client does NOT give a warning about this.

It does warn for the anti-aliasing option (where there appears a line in console saying the change will take effect on next restart).

Would it be possible to add such a warning to the UVP option as well?

Not sure if this is the proper place, but here goes:

I've had problems with the UVP setting: changing it to 1 made all my characters disappear.

That is, until someone suggested I needed to restart the client after enabling UVP. The client does NOT give a warning about this.

It does warn for the anti-aliasing option (where there appears a line in console saying the change will take effect on next restart).

Would it be possible to add such a warning to the UVP option as well?

This was always the behavior. Hopefully we will have soon a version where UVP will work by default, and won't need to have an option to turn it on/off. But it will work only on the Open GL 2.0+ cards (about 95% of the players have that).

If you guys want a linux binary as static as bluap's with the exception of SDL (which luckily has been as 1.2.14 for over 6 months) but does have the new FSAA turned on, let me know.

I tried for more hours than a sane person should on Arch to get libSDL in without the resulting binary seg-faulting (I have SDL_net and SDL_image in fine, it's just the base SDL that's the prob). I also started trying on my Debian Squeeze system but when I saw the ldd output actually get longer after i'd statically linked a bunch of libraries (due to those library's internal dependencies) i kinda just lol'd and gave up.

For the knowledge window book image bug (basically just swap the v and vend for the image):

--- knowledge.c	2011-06-01 19:02:41.000000000 +0100
+++ knowledge.c	2011-06-01 19:09:15.000000000 +0100
@@ -62,7 +62,8 @@
#else	/* NEW_TEXTURES */
	id= load_texture_cache_deferred("textures/items1.bmp", 0);
#endif	/* NEW_TEXTURES */
-	return image_add_extended(knowledge_win, 0, NULL, 500, 215, 50, 50, WIDGET_DISABLED, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, id, u, v, uend, vend, 0.05f); 
+	//return image_add_extended(knowledge_win, 0, NULL, 500, 215, 50, 50, WIDGET_DISABLED, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, id, u, v, uend, vend, 0.05f); 
+	return image_add_extended(knowledge_win, 0, NULL, 500, 215, 50, 50, WIDGET_DISABLED, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, id, u, vend, uend, v, 0.05f); 
}

int handle_knowledge_book()

put on this and the latest updated exe from Radu. The book image for metallurgy in knowledge window is an upside down fruit still

For some reason my client started loading slower and slower. Even a restart doesn't fix it. It just got noticeable slower than the current client.

hmm, yesterdays invasion when i changed maps, the loading time was sometimes huge...

before on RC2 it was real fast, on invasion it slowed down , slower then 1.9.1 client

today it was good again, but didn't change map so often...

i will watch it more, maybe its, when i change maps very often ...not shure

edit : i use RC2 windows client

Edited by wuffzel