Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.9.2 RC2

Instructions:

1. Make a backup copy of your EL folder (optional)

2. Download the install program: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_192_rc2.exe for Windows or the Linux/OSX data if you want to compile your own client: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_192_rc2.zip

3. Close the game, run the installer program.

Report any issues here. Also report if the game is running slower or faster.

P.S. This is NOT the full client, just an update. Install over the previous EL installation.

[edit] There is a new client, exe only: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el.exe Download it AFTER you install the update, and overwrite the old el.exe with this new one.

Feet textures are back :), I still do not have a picture on the loading or log in screen. running great

I didn't get the feet textures back. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong. I extracted el_linux_191.zip to a new folder, installed the sound files, extracted el_192_rc2.zip and moved the contents to el_linux folder and overwrote existing folders/files then I installed the el.x86.linux.bin binary from git.

git pull'd and compiled with 'new_textures' option enabled no more than 10 mins before this post.

I also still have no feet.

I'm sure I placed files correctly and that the client is using the right data_dir, etc. (I double checked)

great my '\' is back , ty :)

leather boots working for me, i can see them...

not shure about the dragon boots, cause i have none

hmm, seems my fps a bit slower then it was in rc1

windows client here

Happier to see my feet again than an obese dude with a gastric bypass.

Edit: Honestly seems a bit slower for me. To quantify that, I'm standing at WS storage, not moving, hovering around 45 fps with the 1.9.1 client compiled from git. I close the client and then run the new one and in that same loc w/ no setting changes and I have fps in the teens. Mind you, I did not change camera angles or anything between clients. I've also disabled desktop compositing.

If you want specs, I'm running a quad core amd phenom chip, geforce 9500 gt, nvidia driver version 270.41.19

Edited by chr0nik

I compiled the last GIT client with NEW_TEXTURES enabled.

- Now, I can't see feet when people worn ID greave or leather boots. (And probably others, but steel and iron greave works)

- I don't know if it's a know bug, but when I'm frying arrows, and change stuff (with the swap equipment feature), I can't see it. (When I change map, the bug disappear)

- I think, the maps are a bit slower to load. (When the 3dobjects are loaded)

Edited by tosh

Working OK for me. I've built these static Linux binaries for 32 and 64 bit. However, I had to disable the FSAA option because of library version issues so they may or may not be of use. I know others are working on static builds but I've failed to build on a newer OS with anything like the level of static libraries achieved before.

If I switch back to RC1 client, then return to RC2, my spell quickbar is cleared.

Generally, the game is faster for me, as it is now using both of the CPUs. I can get much higher FPS than before. Thanks!

Edited by Rhonan

Fixed, seems some old files were left in the updates folder. Deleted them and re-installed, now everyrthing is ok.(thank you vinoveritas)

Edited by Starlite

Try git now, I merge the boots branch with mainline.

My feet are back. Thank you, Xaphier :)

Mine too :) (and I tested many different boots, all good)

I know others are working on static builds but I've failed to build on a newer OS with anything like the level of static libraries achieved before.

I was working on that a bit more today. I may be near a breakthrough, just need to build the static version of the libgcc_s, as once again either due to upstream defaults or Arch packager choice, only the dynamic version is provided by the usual gcc-libs package.

Based on what I've been reading and my results so far, it's seeming to be the case that to statically link SDL (and not have the resulting binary segfault) i need that (and other things i've already dealt with) statically linked too... but digging through configure and make files and compiling gcc takes time, so yeah :S will get back to it hopefully tomorrow night though.

Small bug in the RC.

The images of books that can be readed (such as Metallurgy) in the Research windows seems to be flipped (like the bug of the first RC of V 1.9.1).

6ae1d58cf4079e1051ead11938fe3c68o.jpg

Even with Anti Aliasing feature off, I notice that text and icons look a bit blurred. The difference is quite noticeable for text on the HUD, particularly numbers for stats bars in the bottom HUD. When you switch back to the current client, everything looks so much sharper.

Even with Anti Aliasing feature off, I notice that text and icons look a bit blurred. The difference is quite noticeable for text on the HUD, particularly numbers for stats bars in the bottom HUD. When you switch back to the current client, everything looks so much sharper.

True, I noticed it too, it's pretty annoying.