Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Custom Clothing

Official Custom Clothing  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Custom Clothing if it's official?

• No, not interested in any custom clothing.
    • No, I use the unofficial one and probably always will.
    • I would use it however it works(even if it's just to view not to purchase).
    • I would only use it if it works a certain way, otherwise not interested.
  2. 2. How would you like it to work if you'd use it?

• I would use it if it worked just like the unofficial ones.(all clothes customizable)
    • Only special "custom" clothing items customizable. This way you can still see all official items.
    • Only allow some official items customizable(such as cloaks, maybe shields too)
    • Other (describe your idea below)

I see no reason to make outrageous over-the-top OOC items official.

It is kind of like when you were all told you can go flame in #jc 666. It wasn't that you all wanted to flame, so much as you all wanted an audience to compete for shock value. Once that audience and reaction was taken away, nobody had any interest.

If people truly wanted these over-the-top clothing items for purely personal pleasure, they wouldn't mind it being just for their own viewing.

im not saying that for an official custom clothing line, that nekkid boobies and bare asses should be aproved but.....

if nobody minds I would like to direct the viewers of the thread to some other very popular mmo's , which dont necessarily have age restrictions on them nor do they seem to fare too badly in thier player base because theres a bit of sauce on your screen

http://www.wallpaperweb.org/wallpaper/games/guild-wars-factions_1600x1200_29695.htm

http://ipwnewbz.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/motivational-poster-mmorpg.jpg <<< this one just made me lol so had to include it

http://img144.imageshack.us/i/4a6b26014442b070511easx5.jpg/

only a few but you get the point, its not necessarily about OMFG shes got bra armor its more ..... accepted in the MMO world thats all, and though some might find it distasteful it seems that actually its how fantasy games have been for along time , plus if you take into account eternal lands players average age which at the last count I remember was averaging 30 and above ( correct me if im wrong ) I think we are mostly old enough to wrap our brains around the idea that just because someone is dressed in a certain manner, it doesnt mean they are morally degenerate

*edit* and you should allow armors to be customized , PK argument doesnt have enough beef to withstand actual player feedback, even PK related capes could be customized with at least a logo but remain the same color so you know what you are dealing with if you do decide to have it turned on while in the hallowed realm of PK

Edited by Ateh

It is kind of like when you were all told you can go flame in #jc 666. It wasn't that you all wanted to flame, so much as you all wanted an audience to compete for shock value.

I think of the multiple reasons that channel didn't end up being used regularly, that reason is a minor one. The most fun flaming is when the flames start due to a reason, due to an existing altercation, but the channel was designated 'flames channel, rather than a chat channel where flaming was allowed... but that's way off topic lolz

In addition to Ateh's offerings, check out my Succubus :D

http://www.paradoxcomputers.com.au/images/vexxim_minion.jpg

She has a nice idle animation where she spanks her own ass and lets out a satisfied squeal too! :D

I think most MMO'ers don't want G-rated 'traditional medieval fantasy' :P

i see nothing wrong with any kind of sexual or explicit clothing being part of the official custom clothing.

as radu has stated, this is not a children's game. as such, i think it's okay for us to see officially support non-children's clothing.

as per capes and shields for pk, i think there could/should be a rule that while logos and other emblems can be allowed on both, that the capes should have to stay their original color.

i have not had my own custom clothing made for myself before, but i really like the idea of custom clothing becoming officially supported. i'd be much more open to ordering some custom clothing if it were official (and had previews). :P

This goes as usual as "yes" and "no" but As Nardo and Grud pointed out we have been changing a lot the game in the last 12-14months , maybe more gosh i dont even know , and maybe just maybe you should as well keep in mind that onc Radu and Roja accepted the unoff custom clothing everyone wanted something. Letting their imagination go on makes this game more fun, yes i know some of us dont agree with what its out there, and some are just turning it off , not to see it, but what makes this game great is the freedom of having something you enjoy everyday on while doing the daily stuff(even if some stuff i saw are just.. not to look at it i know but i just ignore and go on with my game playing).

I have few custom clothing done by mister Nardo, by my choise most of it, but i do enjoy to see my blue-purple aug arm on me while harv sulfur, i enjoy to have my red-white dress one me while mixing in Nara or TG and i can go on like this..and many other players. The fact that you dont see them posting here is perhaps due to few players who are so negative against this feature.

Yes , i will love to see it official but keep in mind many will be dissapointed if their imagination wont be left to fly away in one of the most free to play games on inet(some wont agree here with me,but so far i never had a big problem about playing the game the way it is ;) ) , so take it away ? I understand some feel not having it on to see what is out there, but that is their choise and can stick to it, as nobody force them to have it on.If they didnt had it till now , i am sure they wont be bother to have it after, same reason as now they will have it(and i can bet my purple hair on it).

What Roja is trying to do is a really nice feature to the game, but i hope this will not stop the players such as Nardo,Grud or Zero to add..some color to it.

Edited by Immortelle

My last post on subject...I hope

Counted Custom files

174 Guild capes etc.

540 players/bots with custom clothes ,some players have numerous items.

As the total numbers of players in game seems to vary from ~250 - ~450t, the figures seem to speak for themselves

Please refer also to my previous post

in the end some people like one thing and some like another, you get people who are so wrapped up in how the game was they dont like change

look at all the drama when the cooldown was made now no one cares about it, its another part of el and they have adapted

yes ill admit some custom clothing is stupid and maybe should be a restriction on certain thing but partial nudity is where the online game genre is, has been for a long time

people like custom clothing to make themselves stand out from a crowd, to be an individual and to be unique and i personally love it

i have a question... right now on the unoff server for this if you want to change something on your face it shows up on both sides... whould it be the same with this or would we be able to somehow make it so you can, for instance, have a scar down one side of your face or be missing a ear or a horn for a "battle" or something and i am totaly down for paying RL money to have my stuff on the RL sight... to those who want to just pay gc, people do buy gc and will pay for you, but the price will have to be right

also for pricing i think it sould be like P2P is and be a yearly low cost or a lifetime high cost... not sure if that would put more work on you or not tho

Edited by Vanyel

lol..ok...

Every game has their own style, I decided not to join the bandwagon of stereotypical completely unrealistic armor, etc. Why not? Because I always thought that was stupid, I didn't like it, and I prefer more realism. You won't get anywhere arguing it, it won't change for official items. End of discussion :P

Well 31 votes to wanting everything customizable

And 38 votes to just certain items or capes/shields...

I will tell you i'm on the 38 vote side so we'll start there if we make it official. I never wanted any official stuff to be obscured, so..people will have a choice. Anything goes-->unofficial. Nicer looking and unobscured official items-->official server.

i have a question... right now on the unoff server for this if you want to change something on your face it shows up on both sides...

That won't change.

I voted that I'm for custom however it works and for all things possibly to be customized.

Reasons:

A)Adds some nice aspects to the game as people can show more individuality.

B)For all those that are flaming they wouldn't like it there is one simple solution: the turn custom clothes off button. Just because it's hosted by the EL server doesn't mean it's packaged with the client you still have to check the button.

C)Roja already stated that the clothes put on the official server would have to be approved see if it matches the image the game wants to portray. (if the demand is too much for just roja/radu to handle they could also assign the task to players they trust to evaluate like a board of 3-4 players vote on the customs before it gets posted on server)

D)It would provide another income stream for EL which does not directly affect game play I would always take that as a plus.

i like miiks point, although i havent ever turned unofficial clothing on i could see it being frustrating fighting somebody in a bikini and have no idea what they were wearing

I would like to have an custom system for guild item use only.

Armors, capes and clothes.

Maybe player customization on naked clothes only.

This way i belive it wouldnt habe too much polution in game, and main game artwork wouldnt be affected.

A nice addition to that Roja would be something like a "shield4_custom"/"cape_custom" like file to every armor/clothe/cape, this way would be easier to have our custom approved, and would maintain the game artwork.

Keeping the original item color/basic design might be a pre-requisite to have it approved, this way the clothes wont affect PK item recognition

Edited by Tico