Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Retiring from Neno hunt 'thanks' to Morath

Well said, and after all this is just a game

yep morath...well but again you killed some players fun

His fun might be the thrill of bagjumping, you might ruin his fun when you don't leave a bag to jump.

When you work together to protect your bag against a bagjumper, you ruin their fun so instead of qqing, get retribution.

the difference is, this isn't a CHOICE to make a bag, like it is when people make bags in caves for mixing.

First the drop of a stone was removed.

This greatly reduced the usefulness and fun of hunting Neno, but I can live with that compromise.

But it did not stop the bagjumping, so I stopped hunting. This is my personal choice, because I no longer enjoy the hunt.

I have been a part of almost all Neno hunts and find it sad that this fun addition had to be spoiled, just like some previous additions, by the actions of one person.

First the drop of a stone was removed.

This greatly reduced the usefulness and fun of hunting Neno, but I can live with that compromise.

But it did not stop the bagjumping, so I stopped hunting. This is my personal choice, because I no longer enjoy the hunt.

I have been a part of almost all Neno hunts and find it sad that this fun addition had to be spoiled, just like some previous additions, by the actions of one person.

I totally argee with Maxine.

From my point of view Morath does those things only to annoy the community... nothing else.

This destroys the fun of many people who spend their spare time on the game.

Such a behavior makes people leave the game or in this case retire from Neno hunt which cost radu a lot of work to implement.

It seems like this is what Morath makes happy and not the thrill of bagjumping.

Even if Morath sticks to the game rules this time,

I will retire from Neno hunt too.

guy leave the game because I bagjumper nenoracit ? lol who ?

I will retire from bag hunt.

Edited by Morath

lol, i agree- Morath should be removed from game. He only spends his time in game trying to ruin other peoples fun. He only contributes negativity to the environment, going above and beyond the ugly behavior of EL outlaws. i think it would be an improvement to the game to get rid of him.

I know he's not breaking any rules, but he is doing his best to make the game unenjoyable for other players, and coming as close as possible to rule violations as much as he can manage.

Can't we just vote him off the island? :laugh:

Morath get a life, POS!

Maybe he should just be made pkable for a day every time he bj's a bag over the value of 40k. Let us have some fun at his expense.

lol, i agree- Morath should be removed from game. He only spends his time in game trying to ruin other peoples fun. He only contributes negativity to the environment, going above and beyond the ugly behavior of EL outlaws. i think it would be an improvement to the game to get rid of him.

I know he's not breaking any rules, but he is doing his best to make the game unenjoyable for other players, and coming as close as possible to rule violations as much as he can manage.

Morath get a life, POS!

No, I disagree. Why should a player be removed from the game if they are not breaking a game rule. In fact, I would say he contributes to the game enviroment in a positive way, by giving everyone something to OMFG,Bitch and complain about. We all need enemys or a game like this would not be as much fun. As there are evil people in the real world, so there are in EL. Fact of life. If your mugged on the street by a stranger you can call the police, and normaly you can not say that "he had a big I_AM_EBUL name above his head. This is a game after all. Lets not forget, there are a lot of other players that piss people off, should we ban Newhope for pking, blackbeard jumping bags, and many others to many to list atm?

Morath get a life, POS!

in quite a few players minds, he HAS broken a rule(s). maybe he could/should be banned if he broke a rule (like rule 2 sentence 2, or obviously rule 25) but removed is too far.

and trust me, i'm pissed of with morath, i think it's ridiculous how he does this and then says "no insults".

This is a game after all. Lets not forget, there are a lot of other players that piss people off, should we ban Newhope for pking, blackbeard jumping bags, and many others to many to list atm?

the difference between players like newhope/blackbeard and morath is that nh/bb actually DO other things in game besides focusing on irritating the entire el population. i don't disagree with most of your post, but you really can't compare morath to nh/bb....or really any other player ingame.

Edited by Aislar

Now, that we ask nicely to have people that stepped on our toes to be removed from the game I have my own, pretty long, list. Can we, pwetty pwease? I know they didn't break any of the game rules, but heck...

Just a reminder, so-called community rules are not game official ones.

PS. I am sorry to see the effort of people hunting this monsters to waste. It sure sucks. :shrugs: There are some people finding it thrilling to mess with others.

<3 editting

@Aislar

You are right, we should not compare people like Morath, blackbeard or newhope. We would get as many opinions as speakers. For once, my list would probably have a different order than yours. Does it mean your list is wrong? Nah, it means that Morath got on your nerves more than my number one on mine.

Edited by Vanyel
'cos I love editting

'I would say he contributes to the game enviroment in a positive way, by giving everyone something to OMFG,Bitch and complain about'

really ??? i am only sad...nothing to omfg or bitching...only sad

ups, edit

NH killed me once in TG mag shool - looong ago- ...i was a bit angry for a moment - its my thing, killed our bot - thats our guild thing , but...

last invasion it was fun hunting dragons with him, he is a good tank, im a good ranger

so give anger but also fun ...

so like others posted, can't be compared imho

btw i posted ban morath .. cause last time with the casty he got a ban iirc and was quiet when returned :happy:

Edited by wuffzel

Morath get a life, POS!

in quite a few players minds, he HAS broken a rule(s). maybe he could/should be banned if he broke a rule (like rule 2 sentence 2, or obviously rule 25) but removed is too far.

and trust me, i'm pissed of with morath, i think it's ridiculous how he does this and then says "no insults".

This is a game after all. Lets not forget, there are a lot of other players that piss people off, should we ban Newhope for pking, blackbeard jumping bags, and many others to many to list atm?

the difference between players like newhope/blackbeard and morath is that nh/bb actually DO other things in game besides focusing on irritating the entire el population. i don't disagree with most of your post, but you really can't compare morath to nh/bb....or really any other player ingame.

Rule 2 of harasment really does not apply in this case in my opinion as Morath was not targeting to harass any one person, and he was following a monster that goes from map to map. This is not the same as following one perosn because you think you are in love with them and want them to have your rl babies.

This would be no different then someone following a bag mixer to a cave and waiting for a tele nexus. Not harasment, imo rule 2 does not apply to this situation.

ok, game rules are supposed to keep the game cool right? here it would appear that morath has found way to exploit the rules to allow him to take fun out of game. i mean it would be bias of me to say ban him, but something needs to be done. he is getting out of hand, and only getting worse. as for those saying wait, morath is to used to bending game rules, too exercised in it, for their to be any hope of him messing up. hes perfected methods of using the rules as a shield, and wont stop until he is forced into a situation where he cant. now yes bj is part of game, but theirs a difference between a hyperbag being jumped, and a creatur bag being snatched right out from under your nose. when u use a mixing bag or hyperbag, u accept the risk of it being bagjumped when u lay the bag. when u fight a creature, u accept the risk of dieing and or armor break. unless u abandon bag their shuld be no risk after uve already overcome the risk of death. you survive the risk, you should get reward. morath dosnt take any risks, and therfore does not deserve any reward whatsoever.

ok, game rules are supposed to keep the game cool right? here it would appear that morath has found way to exploit the rules to allow him to take fun out of game. i mean it would be bias of me to say ban him, but something needs to be done. he is getting out of hand, and only getting worse. as for those saying wait, morath is to used to bending game rules, too exercised in it, for their to be any hope of him messing up. hes perfected methods of using the rules as a shield, and wont stop until he is forced into a situation where he cant. now yes bj is part of game, but theirs a difference between a hyperbag being jumped, and a creatur bag being snatched right out from under your nose. when u use a mixing bag or hyperbag, u accept the risk of it being bagjumped when u lay the bag. when u fight a creature, u accept the risk of dieing and or armor break. unless u abandon bag their shuld be no risk after uve already overcome the risk of death. you survive the risk, you should get reward. morath dosnt take any risks, and therfore does not deserve any reward whatsoever.

No. A creature bag is not different then a mix bag, a hyper bag or a death bag, a bag is a bag and ownership does not apply.

No. A creature bag is not different then a mix bag, a hyper bag or a death bag, a bag is a bag and ownership does not apply.

ah, but u own that creature kill no? and working with a team such as this, their may be no bag ownership, but is their not an ownership on the drop? on the gc, to be exact? is that not how things get divided up, through how much each member is entitled to, or has earned. so if i realy wanted to be picky, i could say that morath has scammed an entire team, taking their hardwork and giving them nothing =)

Edited by crownwarrior

Did anyone possibly have TTR set and ready to go for this? I mean.. honestly, 5 people ready with TTR just waiting, heightens your chances a smidge.

Did anyone possibly have TTR set and ready to go for this? I mean.. honestly, 5 people ready with TTR just waiting, heightens your chances a smidge.

Yes, most of us probably had TTR ready, but that is not the point. The issue is that a player joins in a group activity PURELY to spoil the fun. Radu already made it impossible to take the #day stone drop on a regular day, reducing the original fun and reward of the hunt. To me the Neno hunt was fun, because anyone could help and with a team effort we would bring down the creature and kill it and get a reward ALL of EL could use. In this case we just lost 50k gc, no biggie. Next time we could lose a #day or bad day removal stone, which is a much greater loss, unacceptable to me.

By the way, Blackbeard and Newhope have been part of Neno hunts and helped. I have also been in invasions with Newhope and appreciated his team spirit in the dragon hunt. I know both of them would take a bag if I would be foolish enough to leave/drop one, that is a risk I accept as part of the game. Here the risk is not for my personal gain or loss, and I do not accept it, so I wont hunt anymore.

Too bad this happened before the awesome graphics were introduced, I will enjoy seeing the ebul creature roam the land and wish any hunters good luck.

Edited by Maxine
added link

Well rules are nothing carved into stone and i think morath's actions are "against the spirit" ...

If all he does is for the sole purpose of spoiling fun of others (as Maxine already mentioned, he did not only take the bag, but also left neno walk away...)

Today after a two hour hunt we managed to kill Nenorocit with a team led by myself and Quesar.

We had the Neno trapped in glac and were bringing it down, Morath was there but let it escape on purpose.

A lot of players help us then to find and trap the Neno, first on the boat in Glac, then when it was nearly dead he teled and was found again in Sedicolus.

Unfortunately, Morath managed to find us and jumped the bag. This kind of behavior spoils my fun, which is why I am retiring from the Neno hunt.

This is not about the money, I can afford missing the 50 k gc, it is about a player just being there to spoil other players fun.

Dont annouce what you're doing on channel 6, and you'll be 99% safe. You know who the reliable people are, make a channel with them, and enjoy the hunt. I dont know anything about neno hunting or this hunt in particular, but I doubt morath would have been there (glacmor.....remote ice map) if someone/channel6 had not told him. For me, its really as simple as that.

~Common sense :lurker:

Dont annouce what you're doing on channel 6, and you'll be 99% safe. You know who the reliable people are, make a channel with them, and enjoy the hunt. I dont know anything about neno hunting or this hunt in particular, but I doubt morath would have been there (glacmor.....remote ice map) if someone/channel6 had not told him. For me, its really as simple as that.

~Common sense :lurker:

There are not that many spots where it can be found, so no, it's not that simple...

I am very sorry that you stop neo hunting. I think we as a community here should be able to do something though I have a idea what if like 30 people are online that someone on their ignore list do beyond that then gets a red tag. I would really like it

maby it is something.

because I can not imagine that the purpose of the game is that people who work hard are not rewarded. There are people who so stop with the game and we all want that more players i think.

I think that monster drop bags should be owned by players/parties not for all time but e.g 3 sec that some1 could get it safely. I understand bag mixing... you do it on your own risk but when you make such an effort to kill mob and then some1 is taking the bag from your nose just because he had more luck/better reflex in teleporting on bag...

As much as this is inconvenient and harsh thing to do on morath's half but it happens, sorry to hear for your loss. However its people like that who ruin different parts of the game (imo) and community spirit.

As much as this is inconvenient and harsh thing to do on morath's half but it happens, sorry to hear for your loss. However its people like that who ruin different parts of the game (imo) and community spirit.

This isn't my loss, but means a lot less special days will be coming from Neno, so we all lose. The 50k means nothing, the fact that he proved bagjumping a Neno bag is possible and will be done is the reason for my retirement. I dont want to spent lots of effort for nothing, where I cannot do anything about the bagjumping risk. In this way it is different from other bag risks, there the player can control the risk, except for ranging loot in Bethel cliff invasion, but then at least players get xp. Here the risk is of hours spent by many players with absolutely nothing to show for it, not even a #day. I have better things to do with the little time I have available.

[...]

Unfortunately, Morath managed to find us and jumped the bag. This kind of behavior spoils my fun, which is why I am retiring from the Neno hunt.

This is not about the money, I can afford missing the 50 k gc, it is about a player just being there to spoil other players fun.

Apropros "about a player just being there to spoil other players fun" - It's not only Morath, some others, too. A guy named "Newhope" killed me in DPA when i was n00b on Robin Tell Day ... i was in the 60 Arena, shooting firends to lv Ranging ... then i wanted to get more Arrows ... Newhope waited invis in the Arena, shot me, and i lost 50kgc worth stuff ... caused rl problems ... took all the fun out, i wanted to quit EL ... If you remember how is being n00b like, even 1k is much for u, but he got 50k ... i was so prud of my new stuff ... and he stole it ... i didnt knew this bug, was really sad and didnt log on to EL for a very long time ...Newhpe as he is, stealing other people's bags and taking the fun out ( scares of new players, e.g. if he does what he did with me, EL wont have anymore newbies later, if everyone would be like him, unfriendly(remember this PM after i asked him to return at least 2kgc: [PM from newhope: one word: fuck off.] --> shows that he cant count btw), bj(guys told me that he waits at rd and jumping on the bags), unfair, invis newb killing, using a "special" in DPA that no n00b knows ...)

And @ Morath: They all invested much time to find and trap Neno, invested money (for mines and caltrops), u steal their bag, wtf?? Imagine how they must feel (same to newhope btw).

I someone is doing things like that i see what kind of person they are, and they aren good role modells ...

No, its not the same thing Gordalf.

You can defend yourself from being pked. You aren't even required to be there. Even if you was there and died, there is a way to stop NH to get your items, namely rostogol stone.

Its really stupid to compare normal pk action, and bagjumping.

EDIT: My point is: in NH's case it was your fault. All yours. Maxine could not do much to prevent Morath's bagjump. And no, i am no friend of Newhope and attack him on pk maps.

Edited by Lorck