Eternal Lands Official Forums
forever

Magic Day Stone Usage

Ok so we got another Neno today and we got a Magic Day Stone as a result \o/

Will be used March 13th, 2011

Here's the time (thank you korrode :P ) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=13&year=2011&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=207

The closest day to that time zone. I figured 2 weeks or so would give you all ample time to hoard AE's and other things needed for a spree of magic training.

Enjoy \o/

Sweet system (from Korrode).

I can't wait for this day! \o/

Nice day, and thank you very much for it!

One question, 13th march is sunday, wouldent it be better to have such a day on saturday?

Anyway thank you to announce it in time:)

Troger

Why not on a Sunday? Best to distribute these days as good as possible.

And don't forget players who don't have time to play to weekends at all. (like me :whistle: )

So why not even on Monday? or whatever...

Please keep in mind that it will be very difficult to pick a date that will suit all players. I think that the last word about when to start a day, should belong to the team that killed Neno. Otherwise we will witness endless argues about when to use the stone. :brooding:

Great job on obtaining the stone and thank you for info about planned usage. :icon13:

One question, 13th march is sunday, wouldent it be better to have such a day on saturday?

Troger

The reason for Sunday is because he works Saturdays. We even discussed on @6 where he was going to have me use the stone while he was at work but I refused for at least this time. he put so much effort into the neno i felt it only right he used the stone. There will be plenty of opportunities with the new way radu has the neno set up for all time zones to change the days.

Eventually there will be so many day stones in game that no zone will be missing too many #days.

I think its highly funny that you two are always trashing koddy for using the stones he works hard to collect ings for at times that are only good for him when he has used at least one of the stones in a time zone that is totally not even close to his. Just sayin.

Why not on a Sunday? Best to distribute these days as good as possible.

And don't forget players who don't have time to play to weekends at all. (like me :whistle: )

So why not even on Monday? or whatever...

The date posted is a Sunday.

@Nova

The core reason he's had me mad at him over the day stone usage is after lots of effort for the first sun tzu stone, he waited nearly 30 minutes into the day to use the stone so that he could finish his Lion daily cash them in and get a spawn rather than just using it at the first opportune second of the day. This is what makes me claim him to be selfish over the timing.

The point in time that I chose for the magic stone use is 2 weeks and some days ahead of now. On a sunday so that a lot of people (most people) should be able to use it. In a time zone that suits everyones log on / log off times. It'll be mid afternoon for most americans or late morning, mid day for euros. The only problem I'm running into is as to what time for the aussies. I *think* the time usage of this would at least give them SOME use of it. But all in all this should be a pretty good time for the use. If you have an issue, speak to me about it and perhaps we can work on a absolute more suitable time.

and Raistlin I'll be using your formula when there are a few days to go to determine exact time that the #day SHOULD occur (as per reading your calculation of 24 hrs + 16 mins. We shall see.

Edited by forever

Only a couple of use were in channel 6 that actually provided items used to kill this neno, I also asked for Sunday due to the fact I work every saturday. I believe he set an early enough time that most can take part in it

Edited by CherUT

Oh is that what all the continued boo hooing is about? 30 mins of a tzu day? I remember that day actually, it was the one I gave you the DCW spawn for, it was more like 17 mins into the day, if that. If I had put in as much organization and running around as koddy did I might wait 17 mins into the day to find a spawn as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't use the stone when its a good time for you if you put in that much effort but Cali gave the reason and its the first thing that popped into my head. Might not be as imprinted there if I hadn't read time after time, place after place, at any opportunity for weeks, 'koddy only uses stones when its good for him'.

Troger

The reason for Sunday is because he works Saturdays. We even discussed on @6 where he was going to have me use the stone while he was at work but I refused for at least this time. he put so much effort into the neno i felt it only right he used the stone. There will be plenty of opportunities with the new way radu has the neno set up for all time zones to change the days.

Alright, i havent been on chanel when it was discussed! And ofcourse it is the teams right to decide when to start the special day. And thanks for the info and this nice day again:D

Oh is that what all the continued boo hooing is about? 30 mins of a tzu day? I remember that day actually, it was the one I gave you the DCW spawn for, it was more like 17 mins into the day, if that. If I had put in as much organization and running around as koddy did I might wait 17 mins into the day to find a spawn as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't use the stone when its a good time for you if you put in that much effort but Cali gave the reason and its the first thing that popped into my head. Might not be as imprinted there if I hadn't read time after time, place after place, at any opportunity for weeks, 'koddy only uses stones when its good for him'.

I put it for Sunday not because i work saturdays, but simply because most people told me they can't do it on saturdays because of issues. Most people said sunday's were best. And also most people should be on around the time I gave. Even the aussies for a little bit (which is where I had a huge issue was getting it in for their time). I have no intention of being selfish or anything with it and it doesn't matter. I'm simply doing my best. I asked around a little and came up with this time and date (giving people time to prepare themselves some ings or w/e for the mana drain / shield / life drain spam ).

The non-stop is posted for saturday (in which I have to work) I'll ahve time to use it and walk out the door to get to work. I'm not a major harvester so it doesn't bother me too bad. Also, due to the fact that it's a harvest day and requires no pre-planning/gathering for it, I didn't see a reason to wait until 2 weeks or so from now to use it.

and Raistlin I'll be using your formula when there are a few days to go to determine exact time that the #day SHOULD occur (as per reading your calculation of 24 hrs + 16 mins. We shall see.

I just did a test today to confirm this calculation:

Yesterday I had a day change at 8:00:30 RL time, today (after 24 EL hours), the day started at 8:15:45 -> 15:15 min timeshift in RL.

So it is still correct. Again keep in mind server updates can change this :)

Today I was given the care of this #day stone by Inferno (forever on the forum). I will try to stick to the original plan for its use and post a better estimate as the day gets closer.

I did some checking and strangely enough this thread was titled "Magic Day Stone Usage". The posts that seem to be a private war have been removed. Please keep the drama to PMs and keep this thread on topic.