Eternal Lands Official Forums
Frodewin

Xaquelina Harv Quest stuck with PV task

Today I got the task to harv 150 valerian in PV (350,154).

I went there and started to harv (the spot is rather unambigous, only a single flower there), but even after 301 harvest there was no message (no exca cape was used)

Going back to Xaquelina I expected to have the "Need help" talk option, indicating that the quest is unfinished. However, she offers the "Got your stuff" talk option now.

Taking this option I would expect her to take the flowers and spill the XP, however, she complains "you need to harvest 150 valerian" instead - although I had the over 300 valerians in my inv at that time.

I went there and started to harv (the spot is rather unambigous, only a single flower there), but even after 301 harvest there was no message (no exca cape was used)

Going back to Xaquelina I expected to have the "Need help" talk option, indicating that the quest is unfinished. However, she offers the "Got your stuff" talk option now.

Taking this option I would expect her to take the flowers and spill the XP, however, she complains "you need to harvest 150 valerian" instead - although I had the over 300 valerians in my inv at that time.

There's no question about the fact that you must get the popup messagage. Go back and try standing in that exact spot at 350.154 and pick a piece closest to you. Either way you have to get a popup before going back.

There's no question about the fact that you must get the popup messagage. Go back and try standing in that exact spot at 350.154 and pick a piece closest to you. Either way you have to get a popup before going back.

I did so today, after 62 Valerians (without exca cape or perk) I got the popup message. For me this is fine. Still something was odd in this case, since there was no popup for over 300 harvests and Xaquelinas talk options changed...

The spot is, by the way, rather unambiguous, there is a single flower at 350,154.

Anyway thanks for the fast help and in general for the great effort you put into the game :-)

Had the same effect today when harvesting 60 Red Snapdragons in WS for Xaquelina.

After 206 Snapdragons the window popped up.

General problem with harvest quests?

Piper

Yes, some spots have more than 1 plant of the required flower, and only 1 works. I.e. Taasengard or GP tasks.

The recommendation is always the same, step in the correct coordinate and pick the closest flower.

Yes, some spots have more than 1 plant of the required flower, and only 1 works. I.e. Taasengard or GP tasks.

The recommendation is always the same, step in the correct coordinate and pick the closest flower.

Thats true, but talking about the PV valerian:

There is only one flower to click on.

Piper

Thats true, but talking about the PV valerian:

There is only one flower to click on.

Piper

In TG I've had issues trying both flowers.... and the solution was to stand closer. If you're simply too far away, it doesn't count.

Had the same effect today when harvesting 60 Red Snapdragons in WS for Xaquelina.

After 206 Snapdragons the window popped up.

Piper

as i have seen if special event occures that harvesting is not counted, not 100% sure!

This often happens at several different locations. All the cases I know of the solution is simple: move over 1 tile and try again.

Harvests that are combined with an event are counted for the numbers of harvests, so you could end up with too few flowers in your inventory when getting the completion message and going to Xaquelina right away.