Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Stuff that should be addressed.

arti cape shouldn't need any nexus :P

no other capes that give a perk do, why is arti any different? why does it need 3pp's+ spent to be able to use the cape?

I think it had something to do with why the arftificer perk was removed from the game in the first place, because some ubber nerd worked out that it didnt quite double your chance of creating a rare , it was like 48.987289% chance not %50 and there was an explosion of people saying they had been defrauded so it was removed from game. When it returned it was like, its back but your gonna pay for it.

they shoulda just kept it hush I used to have arti perk when it was first in game and would regularly make 3-4 EFE a week and modable swords more often.

im sure it also has alot to do with keeping rares down, but it didnt half feel like some sort of punative decision to make it need 10 pp to wear...

just saying

arti cape shouldn't need any nexus :P

no other capes that give a perk do, why is arti any different? why does it need 3pp's+ spent to be able to use the cape?

I think it had something to do with why the arftificer perk was removed from the game in the first place, because some ubber nerd worked out that it didnt quite double your chance of creating a rare , it was like 48.987289% chance not %50 and there was an explosion of people saying they had been defrauded so it was removed from game. When it returned it was like, its back but your gonna pay for it.

they shoulda just kept it hush I used to have arti perk when it was first in game and would regularly make 3-4 EFE a week and modable swords more often.

im sure it also has alot to do with keeping rares down, but it didnt half feel like some sort of punative decision to make it need 10 pp to wear...

just saying

The chance of mixing FE and getting an EFE dropped considerably since 2006 and 2007. It was some time after June 2007 that the EFE rates dropped like a rock.

Anymore, the artificer cape is for things else than EFE and EME. Any other common ingredient item with rare mixes will show improvements in rare mixes while wearing the cape or having the perk.

It is likely that a majority of the artificer perk arguments back then were more about EFE as opposed to mana spots, healing pots, SR, BR, LE.

@radu

Thanks again for putting in the double FCW spawns, the exp hole is now smaller... but as i said in-game at the time, adjustment to MCW respawn is needed to fix it completely... would you consider lowering the MCW respawn to be the same as DCW?

I know you said "we want to much at once", but i don't see the point only in half-fixing the problem when it could so easily be completely fixed.

Edited by Korrode

@radu

Thanks again for putting in the double FCW spawns, the exp hole is now smaller... but as i said in-game at the time, adjustment to MCW respawn is needed to fix it completely... would you consider lowering the MCW respawn to be the same as DCW?

I know you said "we want to much at once", but i don't see the point only in half-fixing the problem when it could so easily be completely fixed.

I'm pretty sure no one would train single MCW even if their respawn time was reduced. Douple FCW is still better exp and gc.

But secondly makes no harm so why not?

Edit: Well of course if all other spawns are taken, MCW is better than nothing so forget what I said :D

Edited by Miiks

I'm pretty sure no one would train single MCW even if their respawn time was reduced. Douple FCW is still better exp and gc.

If MCW respawn was same as DCW's they would easily be better exp p/h than double FCW for ppl of appropriate levels.

I can get 275k exp p/h on on singe MCW now and can't break past 315k p/h on double FCW, wiping the respawn down would make the single MCW better... and the entire point I was trying to get addressed with the "fix the exp hole" was to at least just match what a Feros trainer can make, which has not been achieved for everyone in the levels of 'the hole'.

@radu

But secondly makes no harm so why not?

Edit: Well of course if all other spawns are taken, MCW is better than nothing so forget what I said :D

I train single mchim at 140/145 a/d mainly because trice is too risky at my latency (it fluctuates between 400 and 1300ms). I get ~3000 points/minute only but it's better than nothing. However reducing MCW spawn time would surely help me. If I'm not mistaken, it's 45 seconds at the moment so even a 5 second respawn time reduction would be more then appreciated. :) Another benefit is that it would help even out the graph Korrode posted earlier in this thread.

If MCW respawn was same as DCW's they would easily be better exp p/h than double FCW for ppl of appropriate levels.

I can get 275k exp p/h on on singe MCW now and can't break past 315k p/h on double FCW, wiping the respawn down would make the single MCW better... and the entire point I was trying to get addressed with the "fix the exp hole" was to at least just match what a Feros trainer can make, which has not been achieved for everyone in the levels of 'the hole'.

Oh didn't think you'd get that good exp from MCW.

Well yeah it's pretty funny I can still get 330-360k per hour from (douple) feroses at 110/128 a/d by using about 20 HE.

Edited by Miiks

Once MCW can be hit well with basically no accuracy bonus, steel long + stars med and 2 flees is best exp, it's how i get 275k.

@Hussam

Why not on LOrc?

Once MCW can be hit well with basically no accuracy bonus, steel long + stars med and 2 flees is best exp, it's how i get 275k.

@Hussam

Why not on LOrc?

I'll give them another try. What weapon would you recommend?

@Hussam

Why not on LOrc?

I'll give them another try. What weapon would you recommend

Well depends how well u can hit them, but even with like a cutty and 2 flees you'd do much better than the exp p/h u said you're getting for MCW.

Edited by Korrode

@Hussam

Why not on LOrc?

I'll give them another try. What weapon would you recommend

Well depends how well u can hit them, but even with like a cutty and 2 flees you'd do much better than the exp p/h u said you're getting for MCW.

Ok thanks. I will try that :)

I was using s2e with mchim (drives people crazy :P). It probably kills too fast.

Ok thanks. I will try that :)

I was using s2e with mchim (drives people crazy :P). It probably kills too fast.

It's vital with MCW to keep your critical-damage chances and your damage range as low as possible, for consistently low damage hits.

Steel long + stars med has a damage range of only 2 and gives you no bonus to crit-dmg at all. ;)

I just went and tested single LOrc myself for like 10 mins. I used cutty and did 2 flees. Before I report exp know that:

1. I don't yet dodge them quite as well as i'd like.

2. Today I changed to Aluwen, which is less optimised for them than Mortos.

Still, I got 5.9k p/min (354k p/hour).

So i'd think you would certainly find them a tonne better than MCW :>

I can't do forest or desert or mountain chims worth squat yet, but I have an idea.

What would people think about moving the double FCW spawn out of a certain cave and into a certain forbidden forest with the spiders and then maybe add one more. Spiders are in the woods, so mana drain could be useful. If the chims are not in the cave and the newbs know how to get in there (I was shown the safe path a long time ago) then they can train on the skeletons. It WAS actually a decent rarely known C2 newb training ground before the chims showed up. As some of you may know, newbs are one of my interests, so I figured it might do good to try to see what people would think of this so both newbs and pros could benefit if the change is made. Also, from a roleplaying point of view, the woods say you will die if you enter and the cave could be where people crawled off to die and turned into skeletons that haunt the cave. I could be a cool background story for it.

I believe that the debate about exp/hr etc is not too relevant, that is how it is and it is the same for everyone. What does matter is the ability to train when you want to, so availability of spawns.

Also, debate on PK related topics might not be taken too seriously because the number of players that actually find it important and participate in it is rather low.

What I think is vital to a game is that you are able to do what you want to do (be it with some effort put into training..) but currently the difference of 10-20 levels makes a huge difference in fail rates (hit/block, mix), at least at low-moderate levels. Making rare items and increasing the chances with level is a good incentive to train your skills, those rare items should of course fit within the game and not be overpowered.

There are 100s of good ideas, the implementation however can often have side-effects that may have a negative impact. Also, since we all know there is limited time available to shape, program and test different ideas there is simply a lot that cannot be done or tested. I think this is a shame and I would have loved to see some really good ideas make it into the game, progress is too slow to keep me interested.

I do feel that Radu should organize the methods for obtaining player opinions as an ingame channel hardly represents the total community. Also, personal opinions should not be so important when it comes to interpreting player feedback.

ProHibited

I can't do forest or desert or mountain chims worth squat yet, but I have an idea.

What would people think about moving the double FCW spawn out of a certain cave and into a certain forbidden forest with the spiders and then maybe add one more. Spiders are in the woods, so mana drain could be useful. If the chims are not in the cave and the newbs know how to get in there (I was shown the safe path a long time ago) then they can train on the skeletons. It WAS actually a decent rarely known C2 newb training ground before the chims showed up. As some of you may know, newbs are one of my interests, so I figured it might do good to try to see what people would think of this so both newbs and pros could benefit if the change is made. Also, from a roleplaying point of view, the woods say you will die if you enter and the cave could be where people crawled off to die and turned into skeletons that haunt the cave. I could be a cool background story for it.

1. C2 is not a place for newbies to train.

2. FCW is not a monster for newbies to train.

1. C2 is not a place for newbies to train.

That is not for you to decide

2. FCW is not a monster for newbies to train.

That wasn't suggested at all, the idea was to get the skellies there trainable for lower levels...

The spawn has been permanently in use since the FCW was introduced.

How often was it in use before?

I saw it empty for about an hour at least, so permanently in use since the FCW was introduced is surely an exaggeration.

I admit that few people actually knew about the training ground. It is always hard to get to that mine without zooming in on something or doing a teleport to range.

Only part of the suggestion was for the sake of the newbs. Having the FCW in the forest with the spiders, I figured could provide a good bit of mana via mana drain. The roleplaying aspect was a reason too.

I saw it empty for about an hour at least, so permanently in use since the FCW was introduced is surely an exaggeration.

Well every single time i've gone there it's been in use, sometimes with the next person waiting in line.

Only part of the suggestion was for the sake of the newbs. Having the FCW in the forest with the spiders, I figured could provide a good bit of mana via mana drain.

1. I'm sorry but changing it for the sake of some massively rare occurrence of a knowledgeable newbie wanting to train there is hardly a good reason.

2. Very few people would sacrifice the EMU space and cost to take AE's to the spawn and drain spiders... and anyone who did want to mag train a bit; the FCW's themselves have mana iirc.

A newb actually requested my help to get into that spawn the day after the update and was disappointed because the training grounds that someone told him about was infested by the fcw. (shrugs) There is a rare case for ya.

Rare knowledgeable newbs aside, hopefully, new training grounds will be brought into existence when old ones get ruined for a training bracket.

It is important to try to not damage things for one level of trainer when trying to fix things for another or the only thing that will be accomplished is to change who has is having problems.

It is important to try to not damage things for one level of trainer when trying to fix things for another or the only thing that will be accomplished is to change who has is having problems.

No shit sherlock.

Not like we're saying put Yeti in the TG garg cave.

A newb actually requested my help to get into that spawn the day after the update and was disappointed because the training grounds that someone told him about was infested by the fcw. (shrugs) There is a rare case for ya.

Rare knowledgeable newbs aside, hopefully, new training grounds will be brought into existence when old ones get ruined for a training bracket.

Nathan, you may not understand, or symphatise, but these FCW spawns, and their exact locs, make good sense and were badly needed.

I've spent about 4 hours training there and have not seen a single newbie there. And in the past, even recently, when exploring (yes, i do that too), i never met anyone there either. Besides, if newbies want to MD spiders or train skeletons, there are plenty of other places that are actually a lot better suited for it.

A new player will train skeletons for what? 2 hours before they can move up. A player at 115 a/d might be stuck on fchims til 130a/d depending on their build. Many 100's of hours of trainning. I think your beating a dead horse here.

2. Very few people would sacrifice the EMU space and cost to take AE's to the spawn and drain spiders... and anyone who did want to mag train a bit; the FCW's themselves have mana iirc.

Along with DCW, they do have 30 mana (or is that 50?), I use that on fluff+dcw melinis spawn once in a while :)

There's like 100 places to train skellies, PL ti cave being the best one. Imo there's no need to move FCW's so newbs could train skellies in the cave.