Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Extra critical chance

And make TINF-perk (almost) useless? No thanks... I have it and I don't even afk train.

TINF perk is OP though.

Don't get me wrong, I plan to eventually get it myself, of course I do, it's OP. :P

If radu wanted to remove it from the game i'd vote yes.

Well it's better be good since it takes 7 PPs :P

Anyway I don't really agree it being OP. It's useful in invasions (even OP yes, but invasion happens pretty rarely so it's not that high benefit) and in PK if you fight multiple opponents or the person you're fighting summons zoo whole time (still you "lose" 7 PP), but that's all for a person who has normal build.

Anyway I don't really agree it being OP.

You don't think the perk that allows a 140's a/d'er to solo kill 6+ 120's a/d'ers, in an MMORPG, is OP?

You don't think the perk that means being jumped by many great beasts (such as Yetis, Cockatrices, Arctic Chimerans, etc) and not definitely have it equate to death (for anyone) is OP?

Guess we just have different definitions of OP then.

Fear not though, it won't get removed, no chance. lol

Which is fine by me, the day will come that i'll take it and go kill an army of people only slightly lower a/d than me all by myself and i'll feel like Mr. Ownage... lets just hope those I kill don't think "this is just ridiculous, it's an MMORPG and teamwork isn't counting for shit, screw this game" and quit.

EDIT:

Actually thinking more about it, I take it all back, it's not OP it's just fine... and i'm not just saying that because I want to make instances much easier for myself or so i can turn invasions into a def exp fest, that's definitely not why i'm saying it, no chance, no way.

Edited by Korrode

Anyway I don't really agree it being OP.

You don't think the perk that allows a 140's a/d'er to solo kill 6+ 120's a/d'ers, in an MMORPG, is OP?

You don't think the perk that means being jumped by many great beasts (such as Yetis, Cockatrices, Arctic Chimerans, etc) and not definitely have it equate to death (for anyone) is OP?

Guess we just have different definitions of OP then.

Fear not though, it won't get removed, no chance. lol

Which is fine by me, the day will come that i'll take it and go kill an army of people only slightly lower a/d than me all by myself and i'll feel like Mr. Ownage... lets just hope those I kill don't think "this is just ridiculous, it's an MMORPG and teamwork isn't counting for shit, screw this game" and quit.

EDIT:

Actually thinking more about it, I take it all back, it's not OP it's just fine... and i'm not just saying that because I want to make instances much easier for myself or so i can turn invasions into a def exp fest, that's definitely not why i'm saying it, no chance, no way.

Yeayeayea, I was actually trying to say it's OP in those situations :P But imo it's not that bad since you can get benefit from it so rarely and it still costs 7 PP.

No I don't :P

I don't think it is more overpowered than other perks, such as NMT.

I dont think NMT is THAT overpowered, after seeing LuciferX breaking at least 2 radio rapiers and 1 thermal in front of my eyes... And he has nmt.

TINF costs alot of pickpoints as do a number of perks. If it is overpowered, then it all boils down to two things. These would be xp and the ability of the player to fight more than one creature at a time. If you wanted to reduce the abuse of TINF while maintaining its usefulness, you could decrease the defense xp you get for each additional creature that you fight. That would make it so that while they can kick butt during an instance on a multicombat map, they would find it a little less useful to fight multiple creatures as a source of combat xp.

As for the purpose of this thread, I think someone mentioned a timer or something where you have some penalty if the person hasn't moved for a bit. I would say that is a sort of combat cooldown. If a person has not moved for 5 minutes, they could have -5% to combat levels. The combat cooldown could be removed when they try to move or send a message. I think this would take care of the AFK training issues that Radu has issues with.

that sounds strangely like the old "ts affect" in which case it wont be happening

Ah. Right. Then I am sure Radu could put some other effect instead of that one for the combat cooldown.

that sounds strangely like the old "ts affect" in which case it wont be happening

That would be the case if the decrease in combat level gave an increase in experience (as was the case for the old TS side effect: att/def was lowered, and the effective att/def was taken for exp. calculations => more xp).

If that can be avoided, Nathan's suggestion has merit

Edited by revi

I think someone mentioned a timer or something where you have some penalty if the person hasn't moved for a bit. I would say that is a sort of combat cooldown. If a person has not moved for 5 minutes, they could have -5% to combat levels.

Or, if they haven't moved for a while their def drops to zero. After all, you can't defend (or attack) if you're "asleep". Wouldn't that stop afk training?

Or, if you haven't moved for a while, you get temporary MM. You can't afk train if all the critters stop attacking you. This would be more in-line with the way mini-events don't really hurt you, but they do stop afk harvesting. (Well, not really, they just make it super annoying, but that's a different thread.)

How about fixing the 'ignore' system in EL?

I do not think that monster should attack anyone that they cannot damage/kill :) And if experience is based on difficulty, why do those mobs give exp when the fighter doesn't even require healing??

Edit: So everyone is thinking up weird solution with timers, special hits etc. but my comment owns all, fix the problem itself...

Edited by ProHibited

Edit: So everyone is thinking up weird solution with timers, special hits etc. but my comment owns all, fix the problem itself...

tbh, he's right.

After watching some people fighting afk for hours (those with very low attack and really high defense), or people multi training on 8 monsters at once without even restoring, I came up with an idea that will solve this problem and also add a bit more use to summoning.

I don't like the extra damage thing, i already explained my reasons in channel 6.

But i want to add an idea (that i guess Radu don't like). Assuming the problem is the AFK training on aggresive monsters the change should be done in the ignores system and no in the entire combat system.

The idea is to keep the currents ignores, but if the mob ignores by combat level add an extra checking for a max defense level.

For example if Ogres ignores at CL 153 add and extra limit of defense lvl 90 (so a player with a/d 40/90 and CL<153 will be ignored too). In this way the AFK multitraining will be significative lowered.

Hey radu! Anything that helps make summoning better; I support

summon is hands down the strongest skill in the game already

...are you serious? :confused: sure, summoning is a "strong" skill... the "strongest"? far from it.

Ranging, magic, and a/d is wayyyy stronger and a more "reasonable" skill then summoning.

Comparing Range - Summon: Range is "expensive" with the constant gc drain from arrows and the max AP.. but compared to the FIVE ANIMAL NEXUS (which is a MUST for summoning), the AP pots are nothing :P And rangers do more damage then summoners because they only need to constanstly click someone, while summoners need to FIRST get close to the opponent; and "mix" before they get "attacked" and prevented from summoning. The sucess rate for summoning compared to ranging is very low. Also, rangers get more glory: they kill someone = "omfgz they gotz skilz bcause pk central annouced it" .. but if summoners kill someone = "n00b, you just spent 25k+ gc to kill me on a Pk map & got no pk central or pki...ROFLMAOLOLOL" ...what's the cost of fire arrows compared to ELEs? :D

Comparing Magic - Summon: Whats the cost of HARM spell ess and cost for ARTIC CHIM summons? (I find both similiar because both skill can be nullified with MI spell:Magic or Invis pot:Summon & both of those handicap can be countered with wards. But to be honest, the cost difference is rediculous)

Comparing A/D - Summon: Summon SEEMS to beat A/D most of the time..but at what cost? ALL SUMMONS are ONE TIME use..while bronzes/armor/weapons can be used PLENTY of times before they "break". Beside, summoned creature's base defense is 0.. i'm sure most "pkers" can probably hit an AC summon np ^^ Again, an A/D pker only needs an invis pot and his good to go :D What's the cost of Bronzes/Icey Armor/NMT/COL/ (850k-ish) divided by the cost of ONE AC summon (25k) and it equals to 34 sets of summon (min).. SO whats the likely hood of the basic "Pking armor" to break after only 34 fights? Not that likely. Especially with NMT. What's the likely hood that i will lose gc each summon? 100%.

So the major reasons why i dont consider summoning the "strongest" skill is because its expensive as shxt (cost 5 animal nexus (min) & it costs 25k gc (min) per Pk session), and its "rewards" are very shortsighted compared to the other skills..who wants to spend 25k - 100k+ for 5 mins of dominating? I agree summoning is a "strong" skill..but not the "strongest" :P That is why you see rangers & A/D pkers roaming around more then Summoning Pkers..because summoning is the MOST expensive and timeconsuming skill..yet its not the "strongest". ;)

1st Thanks for update and I love the new summoning updates :)

I made a small change, I am curious if people will notice it. I am not going to tell you what I changed though.

I normaly train my summoning useing tank rabbits and I think there is a change in there toughness they seem to be hitting each other more now ( or it could be my imagination ) its a slight change but if this is the case I think worth it considering you now get 2 instead of one.

I made a small change, I am curious if people will notice it. I am not going to tell you what I changed though.

My guess based on little testing is that critical to dmg ignores toughness or part of it. If this is the case, the change doesn't seem so small.

This assumption is based on character with maxed toughness that gets +~15 dmg after update.

I'd like to hear experiences from other players too, since there might be a-d gap involved too. The char I used to test this with is 7/93. If you don't notice any change in normal creature bashing, it's highly likely a gap issue only.

#edit: Seems to be same results with 89/57 char. Increased critical dmg received.

Edited by Dugur

My guess based on little testing is that critical to dmg ignores toughness or part of it.

I certainly hope this isn't the case because yeti & trice getting lucky series of crit-dmg is enough of a rosto burner as it is, it definitely doesn't need to be worse... especially trice crit-dmg which pushes 70 dmg even with 36 toughness :<

I'll test myself when i get home.

Only killed 10 cockatrice so far, but at this point they seem the same.

I've heard from people on lower level mobs that the change is much more noticeable... reports of anywhere up to twice the previous crit-dmg amounts.

Maybe there's a minimum amount for crit-dmg hits now.

Skeleton critted me 12 hp, PWs crit at least 15-23 hp 50 % of hits (earlier max. 1 hp really rarely), feroses 15-23 hp (earlier 1-13).

Also heard rat hit 4 damage to my 120's def friend.

So it seems there's really is some kind of minimum crit to damage hits now. I can't say I really like it...

Edited by Miiks