Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Have a god holy war

Some of the gods are taking sides battling and everyone who is a disciple of highest level has been called to war. If someone is a disciple of more than one god the leading or strongest god will get disciple as part of their army. War should be a non-DB location or special localized event.

I would vision a greater war being Aluwen, Goddess of Defense, and her allies against Mortos, God of Attack, and his allies but it could be LaForge, God of Engineering, and allies vs Jayden, God of Potioning, and allies. It could also be a lesser war with only two gods fighting and disciples of only certain caps participating and gods may allow volunteers who have not reached full disciple level to participate.

They must battle and enemy disciple of similar level (like caps) until no only one side remains. Anyone playing needs to participate until killed (all will be healed by appropriate god) and all must contribute gold or items of equivalent value for war effort. Battalion commanders will be chosen by priests (MODs) to lead from player ranks (some may be designated as front line, archers, healers) and any disciple who refuses to participate will lose one disciple level and may not regain it for days for 28 game days after penance by contributing items to priest like they did when they reached highest level and may not use any priest services during this period nor will get bonus.

Players will be rewarding by priests as they feel appropriate. Reward may include bonus on realm of god (i.e. non-transferable quest stones to call favor like a priest blessing). Players may also be punished by priests if they participated but slacked off in their duties.

Non-disciples may watch but may not participate.

Announcements Sample: Dirhyan, priest of Mortos, is calling all of highest disciples to temple in 30 minutes in preparation of war. Dirhyan, may at his discretion teleport players to temple (i.e. when a player has logged on after announcement).

This is a way to show worshiping a god or goddess has costs not only in becoming disciple but needing to participate in other things as well. It could be expanded to include priest quests to disciples in non-war times will punishments for non-compliance similar to those mentioned above. Another event could be renewing vows after so many game days requiring more contributions.

I do not think this would imbalance game. Those who are worshipers would be affected but gods meddling in mens affairs need to be expected.

So you are saying everyone who serve the god who's having his / her "holy war" should participate in fight? Yeah sure... EL is NOT pure fighting game, not everyone like to PK and kill other players.

Edit: After reading it again, players participating should also bring some gold or items to god?? So you are forced to PK and also lose something because of it...

Edited by Miiks

What about if I can't be online?? Some of us just come to relax and don't really play all day.

It sounds very neat, but I don't think people should be penalized if they don't participate.

i would also like to point out that if u make the allies of those gods battle it out against the allies of the other gods..the side with Mortos, Selain, and Unolas will more then likely win most of the battles - considering that MOST pkers will tend to take those Gods.

in other words: its like making someone who worships a potion god vs some who worships a summon god. (summon will more likely win since summoning is used as a pk skill) :P

What about if I can't be online?? Some of us just come to relax and don't really play all day.

It sounds very neat, but I don't think people should be penalized if they don't participate.

It would only apply to those who were on-line. If someone was on-line and playing and did not want to participate.

It would only apply to those who were on-line. If someone was on-line and playing and did not want to participate.

I think Lexi meant, that she can't be online for the whole war thing. Some of us have to go to work/school/have lives to live ;)

Alright, it sounds pretty cool then. I don't mind taking part if I am online :)