Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

change to the buy sell dialog of npc's

hi it would be great if you could add a new number to the selling buying dialog of npc's

buying 35 or 36 items option.

If it possible to first take off the money for the payment of a slot before deciding if there is enough space, then the 36 items option would be great, otherwise the 35 item option.

This would mak buying nonstackable items a lot better.

(btw i did try a search about this but to my astonishment did not see anything about it yet)

An alternative would be that if you select to buy an amount that is more than you can carry (due to either slot or emu constraint), you simply buy as many of the item as is possible.

Either way, I support the idea.

An alternative would be that if you select to buy an amount that is more than you can carry (due to either slot or emu constraint), you simply buy as many of the item as is possible.

+:icon13:

Yah.. it would be really nice :)

Either way, I support the idea.

great idea

You can already pick the highest quantity when selling to NPCs even if you have far less, it would be great if it worked both ways and afforded the same convenience. Nice suggestion.

why not to make field where you will be able to type your amount of items you want to buy/sell.

99% of the time i visit an NPC to purchase, I either want 1 of the item, or I want as many of the item as I can carry.

When I visit to sell - I always want to sell all of the items.

There may be the odd time when I want say 10 picks - and fill the rest with thread.

So my ideal solution :-

Have buy / sell offer choices of - 1, 10, 100, Max.

i disagree with you. What if i would like to buy 340 piece of sth?

Then you buy 340 pieces of something just like you do now. The idea of having either some type of scroll bar to raise & lower quantity or a text edit field to enter in the quantity you want to purchase has been suggested at least once before. This isn't an attempt to solve all players' issues with all items ever purchased from NPCs, just those instances where you want the max you can carry, either by emu or slot.

Make a combined 'fill me up' slots or emu option :)

I seem to remember this being suggested before. I thought it was a good idea then, and I still do.

How often will you need to get 340 of anything???? And if so 3 x 100 + 4 x 10.

Raz you forget how it works on these forums.

No idea goes unopposed. Some person will always come out of the woodwork with their niche, oddball reason as to how it maybe could have some tiny negative impact on them.

Edited by Korrode

It doesn't matter how often. I have to choose amount 7 times to buy it! After each click there is diplayed msg that you had bought it. And click again buy->find item->amount, so i have to click 21 or 28 times. For me it's annoying. I want reduce "clicks" to 1.

Edited by learg

Raz you forget how it works on these forums.

No idea goes unopposed. Some person will always come out of the woodwork with their niche, oddball reason as to how it maybe could have some tiny negative impact on them.

Role Playing: The Merchant Guild has lifted the silly rules on needing to sell using only certain numbers of items. The blacksmiths have been pointing out they have been at a disadvantage since for most of their items customers are limited in ability to carry to 36 at most.]

In real life: Some bot owners complain for this takes away one of their advantages.

It doesn't matter how often. I have to choose amount 7 times to buy it! After each click there is diplayed msg that you had bought it. And click again buy->find item->amount, so i have to click 21 or 28 times. For me it's annoying. I want reduce "clicks" to 1.

Use keyboard, you won't have to click :P And since you want a field to enter numbers you should like it. Or just fill up your inventory at sto so you have 340 emu left :P

Anyway if you want to buy 340 only once then what's the big deal?

I like Korrode's alternative idea :)

WTB solution linking both proposals: in dialogue window put box where you could write amount of buying/selling stuff and "max" button.

I see two solutions to this Problem:

1) The players are able to enter the number of items through a window directly.

2) Every time I click on a number to buy an item, the dialogue changes. If I want to buy more I have to say BUY then the Item and again how many. Basicly you repeat these steps until you got a full inventory. What if I could skip steps 1&2 ?

Example: "How many would you like to buy?" and I click 100, 20, 5 ,2 . Done. You bought 127 X for Y gold coins.

How is that ?

why not take same procedure as with bots ?

just click on the inv window, and use the bottom row for amounts....

would be easy to have the same procedure on every trading you do :)

One word of warning ... you will need to convince Entropy of the changes because specifying the amount will require totally rewriting the NPC's and possibly a protocol change as well. This is not just a GUI issue.