Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

More usage for Warlock's capes....

Hey guys :D

I was thinking about the capes and I saw that Warlock's cape has almost no use in EL. I wonder how many people uses it in EL? like none? Because I have never seen anyone using it except a few times in my entire playing time of EL. Anyways here's my suggestion. Make the No More Warlock cape unbreakable via combat (just with brod etc). There will be a usage for the warlocks and there would be also adding to its ingreds like 1-2 bindings EFE's etc, radu would decide it. All I'm saying is there is ALOT -I mean.. ALOT- of Warlock's cape in market but noone buys it to use it at all! (I have it because I like to make collections in EL) So the PKers would use it in PKs and decrease the magical effects on them also...

My 2 lira's.

(Btw I tried to search but couldnt find anything about this)

-Kaddy

I had one of these capes given to me which i also never used so i gave it away. Only time i have seen it used is when Pyro and i were MD training on magic day . As for in pk, wouldnt that be a problem with most wearing the nmt? I know there is always the perk but those pp are useful in other places so not everyone uses the perk. Just a thought but otherwise it would be nice to see more of the capes being used.

Adding a NPC to buy the capes no1 uses would keep their value high (for people who want cape of no more warlocks made) and eliminate the extra unused capes int he game.

Add some ranging accuracy to the cape. Rangers are regularly in combat, their cape will break , and they will need another = demand.

Add some ranging accuracy to the cape. Rangers are regularly in combat, their cape will break , and they will need another = demand.

i dont think rangers need a buff, but maybe add some + arrow damage :P

Edited by Mufo

+1

EDIT:

err, +1 if what Mufo is saying is for Warlock/NMW to reduce received ranging damage.

Edited by Korrode

They are already hitting +50 with PK arrows and WH, you want to hit more? :confused:

Hey guys :D

I was thinking about the capes and I saw that Warlock's cape has almost no use in EL. I wonder how many people uses it in EL? like none? Because I have never seen anyone using it except a few times in my entire playing time of EL. Anyways here's my suggestion. Make the No More Warlock cape unbreakable via combat (just with brod etc). There will be a usage for the warlocks and there would be also adding to its ingreds like 1-2 bindings EFE's etc, radu would decide it. All I'm saying is there is ALOT -I mean.. ALOT- of Warlock's cape in market but noone buys it to use it at all! (I have it because I like to make collections in EL) So the PKers would use it in PKs and decrease the magical effects on them also...

My 2 lira's.

(Btw I tried to search but couldnt find anything about this)

-Kaddy

The warlock cape does have a use, it protects you from the special weapon hits. However, it only works well if someone does not hit you very often. So for example, if I was fighting mufossa and he was using a osomn, he would deplete my mana at about the same rate, if we replace mufossa with a 95a/d player, the effect is much much less using the warlock compared to not.

This is magic resistance as I understand it. How about this for an idea. Warlock cape is removed as a drop from giant. As it is instance and invasion giants that are dropping loads into the game (instance farming anyone?) Perhaps make the drop a chim drop, and about the 1 in 100k chance like the fluffy drops the nmt? or what ever that drop rate might be. keep the break rate the same, though make the No more warlock cape unbreakable, or increase its break rate to 1:60k (at the moment it is 1:40k the last I heard radu comment on this nmw cape)

SO with less coming into game, lets make the warlock and nmw cape a little more enticing to use. perhaps increase the magic resistance a lot, so that it would provide some more protection from mages. and would cut the effects of JSOC, OSOMN by 1/2. or a random number of the effect not hitting?

This is my idea on the subject

Wiz

Wizzy, afaik warlock only gives magic resistance(according to description anyway), and I think that only protects you against spells whereas magic protection protects you from special effects. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I think it is.(Bronze armor has both and warlock definitely reduces your MD/harm/poison dmg).

EDIT: I think it should definitely have both to have any use at all.

Edited by FeLkkU

I think there is some confusion about the effects of magic resistance CEL FAQ:

Question: Define: Magic Resistance

Answer: Reduces the effect of offensive spells or special weapon attacks from your opponent (example: Harm)

Decreases the chance of animals using special attacks (example: Bear's Mana Burn)

Decreases the chance of special weapons using special attacks (example: Jagged Saber of Cooling)

Note: works in conjunction with Magic Protection Spell

Question: Define: Magic Protection

Answer: Amount of Magic damage absorbed

The only use for my warlock at the moment is when I got large spiders for daily, even then I need to put on other stuff with magic resistance to notice a difference.

Question: Define: Magic Resistance

Answer: Reduces the effect of offensive spells or special weapon attacks from your opponent (example: Harm)

Decreases the chance of animals using special attacks (example: Bear's Mana Burn)

Decreases the chance of special weapons using special attacks (example: Jagged Saber of Cooling)

Note: works in conjunction with Magic Protection Spell

Question: Define: Magic Protection

Answer: Amount of Magic damage absorbed

Seems to be that using Harm as an example where it has been is incorrect. Reducing the damage of Harm would be an example of the effect of Magic Protection.

Adding a NPC to buy the capes no1 uses would keep their value high (for people who want cape of no more warlocks made) and eliminate the extra unused capes int he game.

+1 Most simple solution

And on the topic of magic protection vs. resistance:

imho magic protection is used against special attacks (cooldown, mana burn, etc.)

and magic resistance is used against spells (harm, MD, etc.)

Seems to be that using Harm as an example where it has been is incorrect. Reducing the damage of Harm would be an example of the effect of Magic Protection.

Then this update description has a very poor wording: Server update 27 September 2009

Improved the protection offered by magic resistance against harm.

Then this update description has a very poor wording: Server update 27 September 2009

Improved the protection offered by magic resistance against harm.

Harm and other offensive spells definitely fall under magic resistance. (And probably special effects too, I guess. But it's hard to define as bronze armor has both, warlock only has resistance so it'd would need some testing)

I wasn't sure about magic protection though but it could be against magic damage as Alberich pointed out.

Edited by FeLkkU