Eternal Lands Official Forums
Banedon

ideas on changes to draw more people

idea to increase population on pk server  

15 members have voted

1. 1. increase a/d cap extra pay than standard pk server pay?

• yes so that all instances can be done!
    • no I Play and like it how it is!
    • would need more info!
    • if a/d cap increased a pay for non PK with limits to be decided later!

No one's willing to get to 100 a/d, and get every attribute to 48, and have every positive perk.

No need to be artificially obtuse, no one does that on main either. I was on the server when it started. I saw all the bragging by people about how they were going to own the server in a couple weeks. I saw how many of them vanished never to be seen again.

It's not that people aren't willing to max out a char, it's that they aren't even willing to take the time to create a PK build (there are many to choose from) and get a decent a/d to use it.

I'm a harvester/supplier. I don't PK. It's taken me almost three years, but even I am into the 90's a/d. And I've trained less that 10 hours total in the last 20 a/d levels. I've seen motivated people do the same leveling in a few months.

I basically agree with what you're saying, my afore mentioned essay would describe a server with a short cycle to upper combat strength (and with no one having the option of spending insane time/$ to get ahead of what's meant to be the upper limit) and would also basically remove any requirement or dependence on mixers and make fun PvE easily provide enough gc for more fun PvE and PvP.

I know many current PK server players wouldn't like it.

Some of you like being mixers and harvesters and playing politics on the server, I know some PK server players aren't interested in combat very much at all, but you enjoy having 'power' over the combatants by a way of being the sole providers of required wares.

Screw that game model, we have that on the main server, why repeat it here. Just make it fun and easy for people to PvP and PvE competitively.

...but most current players won't like it, and you'll all cry out against it, and thus radu won't consider such a change, and you'll be the reason the server remains dead.

It's simply not that hard to be PK competitive on the server if people want to.

There's still the risk of the big pp buyer, why should I bother while it exists?

The amount of time/gc/$ to get and replace (on an ongoing basis) top level equipment is still far too much.

Monsters dropping and NPC's cheaply selling everything.

"How will it impact the mixers/miners" not considered for any part of the game design.

Enough gc so people can always replace their gear and supplies.

Cooldown.

Less PK area. (Remember I don't suggest a re-design of the PK server, I suggest redistributing the resources being used for the failed server on a PvE+PvP combat oriented server.)

Lots of other stuff but i'm still trying to resist a bullet point list, let alone the essay.

The point in playing here is because there's no mini events/cooldown, which is a big plus for mixer, we don't have that in main, so yeah, we'd be upset. THose are 2 big reasons a mixer/harvester would come over from main.

People just need to grow up and actually work for their character, not a lot of pkers actually BUILD their character, most people buy them, so thus a lot (not all) are lazy.

Some of us don't mind restarting an actually playing the game. But I understand why people wont covert, it takes FOREVER to level in this game.

Edited by Lexi

I was on the server when it started. I saw all the bragging by people about how they were going to own the server in a couple weeks. I saw how many of them vanished never to be seen again.

It's not because the PK server is hard, or the PKers there are anything to worry about(lol) it's because it's incredibly boring to play an essentially "dead" server let alone level a character to 100s... and even if you do get motivated and get there there's shit all going on. 10 or so *active players with not only c1 but c2 to hide on.. it's ridiculous to think anyone would train up a PK character when there's no reward once you have and even then when I played the small populus there was, was making alliances lol.

Like Korrode said, PK server needs mass changes to get any decent or competitive PKer's interested.

Edited by Sabbath

There's still the risk of the big pp buyer, why should I bother while it exists?

That would actually be a trivial change that I would support for the server: removal of the Nexus removal stones.

You could still "buy" nexus. You could still remove attributes to re-configure a character. You just couldn't remove nexus to turn them into more PPs for attributes.

Although, honestly, I don't think anyone is doing that now on the PK server because it's simply too much work. Although some (including myself) are using hydro for any future nexus points.

About the breakages, you need to consider a different kind of build if you feel like you are breaking too much. To not break armor get 48 toughness and to not break weapons make sure you use a weapon with which you do not hit too often.