Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raz

EL and rl $

just fyi, there's like 1-2 gold farmers left. anyone who's selling characters or gold atm are people leaving the game.

youre numbers are WAY WAY WAY off, i think i would know best i counted about 10 when i read this and didnt bother to count anymore but there are more like 20

Semi Off-Topic: A gold farmer is someone who constantly farms and sells gc ALL the time not every now and then. (e.g. Marro; newhope sold items for $ occasionally, but he was not a farmer) Now from what I've seen of the market over the years and how it currently is, I can safely say there is only 1-5 gold FARMERS left. Although I could be wrong as all my information comes from public whereas yours could come from in-game. (I don't play "often")

On-Topic: Fully agree with what Korrode said.

Edited by Sabbath

This all started when LabRat started selling his silver for 2.5 because he monopolized most of the silver sales in bulk.

Then harvesters caught on and figured why not sell their stuff for more? Then GenX upped their prices with their once again MONOPOLIZED harvesting sales.

You want to point the finger at someone for buying/selling ores? Point to yourself and any one else who harvests.

Sorry for hijacking this topic, but what you said here is just wrong.

I think you don't realize what is behind GenX - you seem to be unable to comprehend the work that is behind it. You started your own shop and failed to keep it running.

Have you asked yourself why ? We are not robots, we who harvest for GenX do also other things in EL and i am not aware that we are selling gc :D

As i said, feel free to open your own harvesting service but PLEASE don't blame us for your lack of devotion and patience to fulfill your orders ...

PS: I am harvesting for GenX (as a temporary staff member)

This all started when LabRat started selling his silver for 2.5 because he monopolized most of the silver sales in bulk.

Then harvesters caught on and figured why not sell their stuff for more? Then GenX upped their prices with their once again MONOPOLIZED harvesting sales.

You want to point the finger at someone for buying/selling ores? Point to yourself and any one else who harvests.

Sorry for hijacking this topic, but what you said here is just wrong.

I think you don't realize what is behind GenX - you seem to be unable to comprehend the work that is behind it. You started your own shop and failed to keep it running.

Have you asked yourself why ? We are not robots, we who harvest for GenX do also other things in EL and i am not aware that we are selling gc :D

As i said, feel free to open your own harvesting service but PLEASE don't blame us for your lack of devotion and patience to fulfill your orders ...

PS: I am harvesting for GenX (as a temporary staff member)

I never claimed you sold GC in any way shape or form.

I mearly stated that the rates started shooting up and your rates went up as well all stemming from LabRat's price jacking. You currently have the only harvest service. NOt disrespecting you for charging for your rates.

I was saying that the players who BUY these raw ingrediants merely accepted LabRat's price jacking any other price jackers prices due to necessity of the raw ingrediants.

I can safely say there is only 1-5 gold FARMERS left. Although I could be wrong as all my information comes from public whereas yours could come from in-game. (I don't play "often")

On-Topic: Fully agree with what Korrode said.

how can you say "i dont play often" then safely say only 1-5 . im in daily contact with 10 minimum and there are as many

as 20, some only come up with 400-500k a week others millions... and oh um marro only plays to farm gc kk you have

no idea what ure talking about

this topic is going way off the deep end

i think we need to gtet back with Raz's original purpose for the thread

The only way to get money flowing to the shop rather then to gold farmers is to sell needed items in the shop that are exclusively available from the shop.

If you start selling raw ingredients, or hydro bars for that matter, in the shop, gold farmers will just undercut the price.

an example, if you would need a stone to enter an instance that can only be gotten through the shop, people who invest cash will buy them and sell them for current

cash/gc rates at other players. They will hopefully prefer this to buying from a gold seller as their money is spent on the game itself.

Make rare stones/essences and all those shop-only items at reasonable prices and gold sellers get cut out.

This only works if there is a steady amount of cash spent on the game ofc. but i think that's the case, bigger playerbase wouldnt hurt.

For the record, i dont play anymore, so i dont really care,

but if things start improving and radu gets the share he should get.. (so he doesnt need to invent other ways to get people to buy his stuff all the time...)

well, so far my el-forum visit.

So suppose I wish to buy 1 attribute - I need a nexus removal stone and 50 hydro bars.

I can either harvest / mix like mad and get the items and stone - or if I am lucky enough to be able to, I can use $ to purchase items / gc to speed up the process

Lets assume I am going to use $.

I will need approx 1.3M gc.

I can either purchase items from the shop and sell on the market, or purchase gc from farmers. Currently (and for at least the last year or so) I get a better return by buying from the gold farmers.

So the gold farmer harvests a whole load of coal / iron /. whatever - sells on the market and I buy the gc.

I then use the gc to purchase the hydro bars / stone and get my pp.

Interestingly - to get the hydro bars - none of the items needed are the 'rare' items from the EL shop - just lots and lots of coal / iron / fe. IE exactly the same items that the gold farmers are best positioned to harvest to get their gc.

The increased demand for hydro bars, simply pushes up the price for the raw ingredients (due to supply) - which means the farmer gets more gc for the same amount of work. This in turn pushes up the cost of the hydro bars - which means the gc buyer need to buy more. you should rework this as the prices have actually came down since the addition in the last year or so and in some cases are only being slightly raised by a few .1 gc at any point to make it worth the time to gather again

This is a vicious circle and will only stop when the price of Hydro bars reaches the price of iron / steel / fe bought from the NPC. (This limit is surprisingly close)

The above is simple supply and demand - and in itself not such a bad thing.

However, it seriously impacts the game economy.

1. Very little is sold in the EL shop.
    This means that the quantity of 'rare' items introduced into the game via the shop is low, and also Radu gets a small percentage of the rl $ spent on the game. where do you think the majority of rostos ingame come from?
  2. 2) The price of anything using coal / iron / fe also rises in price, and due to 1) above anything requiring a 'rare' item also increases in price due to low supply.as you stated above simple supply demand.with new items being added on a decently regular basis this is unavoidable and will only be solved when the game is nolonger being expanded on

I would be really interested to find out the % of rl $ spend that goes to the EL shop rather than to the gc farmers.being one of the people whom over the years has made a fare amount of ingame->rl cash transactions(both making & spending) i can say that the business has fallen. since the game is older and the players more knowledgable most people can raise their own g/c (or lvls) in a reasonable amout of time. it is just a matter of if players wish to put the effort into it or take the easy way.

Please note - I have nothing against gc farmer / pp buyers at all - they provide a necessary part of the game. I am just concerned - that falling income to the EL shop adversely affects, in fact jeopardises the future of the game. Without $ takings - the game cannot survive as currently is.

falling in sales is a common place in growing businesses (yes i am considering it business since $ transactions are made)once they have reach a point of regularity. it is not due to gc farming or pp buyers but simply the average player currently has 1-3 year of playing under their belt in which time they have mostlikely found a means to support themselves ingame and dont have much need for items in the shop. from what i can see Ent is no dumbass and knows all this already thus the enchanted arms sale he had a few weeks back AND the addition of new items either purchasable via shop or made from bulk of various currently common "rare items".

I think that there are several ways that this can be addressed but am interested to see responses.

*Ducks and waits for flames*

my responces are tied into the quote via the underlined portions.

Maybe Radu should just start Selling Ready made characters then hed make HELLA bank..

He could do an auction every month for a few permanent banned accounts.

That might be fun :)

Piper

smartest man alive!!

just fyi, there's like 1-2 gold farmers left. anyone who's selling characters or gold atm are people leaving the game.

im not leaving 0_o i just periodically start over..