Eternal Lands Official Forums
Miiks

Small survey about EL and EL shop

- How old are you?

- Where do you live?

Finland

- Are you studying or working etc.?

internship

- Do you have long history with computer games or is EL your "first love"?

a very short history... I only played Neopets before I started playing EL :pickaxe:

1. The most important reason you play EL?

-friends, definitely

2. Is there any other reasons you play?

-some kind of feeling of belonging, I guess

3. How did you find the game?

-my husband found EL, and after a few months I gave up and started playing too

4. How often do you play?

-every friggin day

5. Have you tried any other MMORPG's and do you still play them? Why have you stayed in EL?

-a few, but EL is the most afk/chat friendly game I've tried and is now the only one I play

6. Have you ever bought from EL shop?

-yes, bot blesses, p2p, rosts etc

-I'm 26

-I'm from Minnesota, USA

-I'm a professional forklift driver :icon13:

-I started out playing Command and Conquer and the original Warcraft

-I play EL for the nice people I've met there and as a good way to kill time (I was unemployed for quite a while)

-I like how dynamic the game is

-I found the game from a recommendation by a fomer roomate of mine

-I used to play every day but now I have a daughter and work full time so I really don't have the hours of free time I used to have that is necassary for playing

-I've tried a couple other games with most time spent on Auteria and Last Chaos

-I used to buy EFE's from the shop and then sell them off to make quick gc's

BOLD below are my answers.

Hiya!

I'm doing report about reasons why people use some products and decided to do it about EL and EL shop. I need you to answer ALL numbered questions, so please if you're not going to do it, don't answer at all.

Also if you don't want everyone to see your answers, you can forum PM them.

First I'd like to hear couple things about you. Anyway these are not mandatory questions but they'd make my work bit easier :whistle:

- How old are you?

- Where do you live? (Country, no need to give exact address :))

United States (Missouri)

I am a farmer, so I work at home.

Yes, I have played a couple RPGs and other computer games.

So let's start with "real" questions:

1. The most important reason you play EL? (RL/EL friends, it's fun, you're just too addicted...)

I like all the skills it has, and special days.

To pass time?

My mother showed me it.

4. How often do you play? (No need to tell how many hours you play in day, just tell if you play daily or few times a week etc.)

I play daily, lately, I haven't played much, but have been in the game (afk, lol).

5. Have you tried any other MMORPG's and do you still play them? Why have you stayed in EL?

Yes, and I play one off and on along with EL.

(I'm not interested if you play Counter Strike or something, just other MMORPG's)

6. Have you ever bought from EL shop? (Notice, if you paid someone gc to get you item or service from EL shop with RL money, it's also buying so please mention it. You get the product, Radu gets the $.)

Yes, a couple things.

If you haven't bought anything from shop, why? (Too expensive, no interesting products, you're too p00r...)

I don't buy much simply cause I am just a poor SOB. Some people are luckier to have more cash to spend on virtual things.

(Also notice this is just about official EL shop, I'm not interested if you bought gc or products from black market)

So thanks to everyone who bother to take part to this! :)

- How old are you? Mid-fifties.

- Where do you live? USA

- Are you studying or working etc.? unemployed software engineer

- Do you have long history with computer games or is EL your "first love"? First started playing (and writing) computer games around 1973-1974 (that's not a typo); haven't stopped since (well, except to eat and sleep and so on).

1. The most important reason you play EL? fun, challenging

2. Is there any other reasons you play? First time playing this kind of game. Also, it's free.

3. How did you find the game? It was a gentoo games package.

4. How often do you play? Daily or nearly daily ATM.

5. Have you tried any other MMORPG's and do you still play them? No, and therefore, no. Why have you stayed in EL? I'm oa level 60+. I don't want to waste all that effort. Oh, yeah, and it's still fun and challenging.

6. Have you ever bought from EL shop? No.

If you haven't bought anything from shop, why? I'm unemployed. One of the reasons that I like this game is that it costs no IRL $$$.

One of the "more mature" (physically, anyway) folks here, I guess, at 54...in the USA...retired/disabled....been playing computer games since my first Radio Shack Color Computer, with a whopping 16k of RAM... :)

1. Friends...chatting in Guild and with others. Although, I do enjoy the game itself, of course!

2. Been doing fantasy-games since the original D&D came out...it's all Tolkien's fault.

3. If I recall (memory is the first thing to go), I googled MMORPG, or, whatever they're called and someone ended up here.

4. Daily...when I'm not falling down stairs or having mild heart-attacks... :whistle:

5. I've fiddled with Istaria, but, they want money for too many things....used to be a really cool text-based game that was focused on the Middle-Ages that I liked (eons ago)

6. Yup, I've bought a few things from the shop.

Gil-Manel

- How old are you?

.... 44

- Where do you live?

...germany

....i work

....since my dad build the 1st self-made videogame in early 70th im addicted to games :fire:

1. The most important reason you play EL? (RL/EL friends, it's fun, you're just too addicted...)

....i like the way EL is made and with EL i found lots of friends around the world

....its free (thanks to radu :hug: )

....i worked with blender and searched for games blender was used for - so i found EL

4. How often do you play? (No need to tell how many hours you play in day, just tell if you play daily or few times a week etc.)

....tooooo much :o daily on every free hour i have....even on hours i have not so free...lol

....in office i played runescape and bought wow but never played it ( they scammed me by not saying on the package you need to pay monthly to play

i stayed in EL cause its nice to play and lots of things to explore, i like no-caps invasions, exciting when i run into monsters :)

...not yet, 1st i didn't need things from shop till now, 2nd i hate paypal (lots of ppl got scammed in germany :o) and i have no bank-check ..but maybe someday i will get check's only for to pay on the shop :)

Edited by wuffzel

I am 17.

Czech republic

Studying

EL is the first game i really love

1. made lots of friends in here and via EL met few of them also in real life

2. EL is like glue, can't stop ... ... ... j/k,i love it,multi-skill combinations,cause in other games what you can do ? kill / pvp? mostly...

3. in library via magazine "SCORE"

4. All the time except i sleep / am in school =p

5. Yes,i did,played runescape (around 3 mins...) also played with TooMass 12sky 1 and 2,but was too tired, lot of hackers,unfriendly admins,too many of spam,lot of idiots and "killing only" Why i stayed to el alrdy over 5 years? because i love the community of people,love the chat in here,etc etc etc

6. Have you ever bought from EL shop? (Notice, if you paid someone gc to get you item or service from EL shop with RL money, it's also buying so please mention it. You get the product, Radu gets the $.)

Yes,i bought, things via gc + EL T-shirt =p

-enjoy KoDdy

PS: Who else play Counter Strike 1.6? =p

Edited by KoDdy

- How old are you?

22 with 40yrs experience(does that make me the oldest E.L. player)?

- Where do you live? (Country, no need to give exact address )

England

I have my own business(plenty time to play E.L.)

Started with Dragon 32..wrote *zakil Wood*(google it) lol..tried wow (no thanks)

Takes me out of R.L.

Made good community friends/enjoy the chat/I like a challenge (leveling),,,some of the updates I HATE...some I LOVE(thats life)/the forums can be really interesting and funny !

Googled ..first one i tried from list(arent I lucky)

Daily

Not keen on shoot em ups etc /prefer a long term strategy type of game

No, and that is one of the reasons I continue to play E.L. you dont have to spend to achieve your goals

--------------------

- How old are you? - 19

- Where do you live? - Belgium

- Are you studying or working etc.? Working

- Do you have long history with computer games or is EL your "first love"? Long history, EL was first MMORPG.

1. The most important reason you play EL?

Friends I made in the game kept me going, same reason I stay in most games.

Having a goal kept me playing, slowly what I wanted to achieve became impossible due updates, so now my playing consists of logging on and talking to people.

My brother found it and played before me and got me started.

4. How often do you play?

Used to be daily, now it varies, sometimes I log in daily to do my "playing" (see above) sometimes I'm not here for weeks.

Yep, sure have. Several were tried but a lot of them are pure Hack-n-Slash and killing 24/7 with nothing special but button mashing on the same crap all over again 24/7. Those games I lost, however Guild Wars has me going for 5+years too now and I'm more then excited about the slowly revealing of Guild Wars 2.

Staying in EL? Ok, so yea, as I said it's only for talking, it's basicly because some people I have no way of keeping in touch other then EL, where I met them, therefor I stick around here.

If you haven't bought anything from shop, why? (Too expensive, no interesting products, you're too p00r...)

I have, full private and a lifetime p2p. That's all I purchased, anything magical my character has was purely earned on ingame work and hours spent.

Both were purchased as gc to $$ because I couldn't make payments on my own, too young and had no friggin clue about payment methods.

I also generally dislike spending money if I can get it free like with the whole gc->$$ thing. Also dislike how it affects gameplay as it may give advantages others may not be able to get due to RL stuff. It doesn't completely feel fair to me so I only bought things that barely affected anything.

-Gohan

Edited by Gohan

Ok the report is done, so no more answers please :fire: Or if you REALLY want to anser, you can, but isn't really needed :)

Thanks to all people taking part to this!

are we getting a copy of your report? :)

Yes but it's written in Finnish so it takes a while to translate it in English. Especially if I get lazy.

- How old are you?

- Where do you live?

USA, Colorado

Working, also studying

Warcraft, Warcraft2, Eternal Lands. I have not really ever gotten past the last one. :P

1. The most important reason you play EL? Progression

2. Is there any other reasons you play? Yes

3. How did you find the game? While looking for an online RPG that was was A) Free :) Linux-usable

4. How often do you play? A few times a week

5. Have you tried any other MMORPG's and do you still play them? No

Why have you stayed in EL? Tradition, Fond memories and Friends

Yes, and I probably will again.

Why?

Because I like to get a little "Boost" every once in a while. "Boost" being a nice item, or a few Rosto's so that I can play in invasions.