Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
asgnny

Adding a cost to change a guild tag

I propose a cost (maybe 5-10k gc, or e.g. an EFE) in order for a guild to change its short tag. Guilds seem to change their short name on a whim, which can have a variety of negative effects.

On the positive side, we would have a gc (or item) sink, less confusion for new players, a bit more accountability for guild leaders.

Makes sense to me. It's sort of like the cost to print new business cards and stationary... :)

The proposed fee is low IMHO. I think that starting a guild should cost like 100kgc and changing a tag 25-50kgc. It should be more rigid, not like there is a gazillion of one-man guilds and change their tags on weekly basis just for fun...

The proposed fee is low IMHO. I think that starting a guild should cost like 100kgc and changing a tag 25-50kgc. It should be more rigid, not like there is a gazillion of one-man guilds and change their tags on weekly basis just for fun...

i agree with khalai,there are too many "noobs" and unusefull guilds

Why changing guild name? just make a new guild its not like having a guild u get any bonus

i think this feature should be off game, if u dont like your guild tag make a new guild :P

anyway i like gnny idea, make fee 30kgc ^^

shit in game isn't expensive enough let's add more gc sinks, because it's fun spending all day making gc right?

Nice suggestion, but not for GC/Highly used commodities. If you want to give more credibility to leaders, enable people to change their tag once a month/every few months or so for free, or something that isn't a heavily used resource.

shit in game isn't expensive enough let's add more gc sinks, because it's fun spending all day making gc right?

yes but not for this topic

I like the idea

Nice suggestion, but not for GC/Highly used commodities. If you want to give more credibility to leaders, enable people to change their tag once a month/every few months or so for free, or something that isn't a heavily used resource.

Guilds are meant for a group of players... 1 player can easily earn 30kgc... lets make it x5 so if a group of players want to make a guild they would need to share the cost.

I propose a cost (maybe 5-10k gc, or e.g. an EFE) in order for a guild to change its short tag. Guilds seem to change their short name on a whim, which can have a variety of negative effects.

On the positive side, we would have a gc (or item) sink, less confusion for new players, a bit more accountability for guild leaders.

The proposed fee is low IMHO. I think that starting a guild should cost like 100kgc and changing a tag 25-50kgc. <snip>

Absolutely yes to both.

The proposed fee is low IMHO. I think that starting a guild should cost like 100kgc and changing a tag 25-50kgc. <snip>

Absolutely yes to both.

Agreed :P

Absolutely yes to both.

Agreed :P

+1

You'll rarely see me pushing for an increased gc cost on just about anything in EL, but on this particular issue, hell yeah.

edit: well, i should clarify; i'm more indifferent about the tag changing cost... but the guild creation cost definitely needs to go way up.

With the playerbase the size it is, having guild creation accessible to every man and his dog is not going to help create the in-depth gaming experience that less guilds will. Larger scale economic wars, larger scale PK wars, larger scale guild projects, etc. will all enunciate the MMO in MMORPG.

Edited by Korrode

I have an idea. Since there is already an option ingame for instances, which does not let lower player count less than five to enter, why not have some NPC, who cares about creating guilds?

You need e.g. 3-5 people to create a guild, each of them 50kgc in inventory and only after that, you can ask NPC to create a guild for you.

Since there could be a problem with assigning a guild tag, it can just simply make a guild with indifferent tag such as GXXX (xxx for numbers) and first change of guild tag would be free of charge (in order to create a proper guild tag).

The person who triggers the creation should obtain rank 20, and the contributors rank 19.

This could put more realism into creating guild - registration, leadership and changes - all via NPC

Maybe a long stretch, but I had to share this idea anyway...

Well even with 100k cost for creating a guild, there would be people who want to be alone in their own guild, so I don't really like the idea. It would be too hard to find players to start the guild and then kick them off. Secondly "first one to talk to NPC gets rank 20" would be too unsure. Even if you have decided who will be GM, some other person might talk to NPC first and gets rank 20.

Well, one-man guild is excatly what this should hinder :P And you would need to find a really trustable people in order to settle a leadership issues beforehand :wub:

There's not many one (wo)man guilds, just many small n00b guilds that try to recruit other n00bs in :P Guild where someone wants to be alone is whole different thing, they don't even try to recruit people. You just can't force everyone to join large guild if they don't want to.

There's not many one (wo)man guilds, just many small n00b guilds that try to recruit other n00bs in :P Guild where someone wants to be alone is whole different thing, they don't even try to recruit people. You just can't force everyone to join large guild if they don't want to.

Not now I can't, but I'd rather see 10 strong guilds than 100 tiny ones... Right now, being in a guild means squat, unless you're in one of the old and large ones...

I also agree 100% on both of these

Excellent suggestion :P