Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stragothemad

Quest sudjestion

Hello im wanting to throw an idea at the creators of quest and etc.

I'm woundering if we could have a dailey range quest from an npc sending us to kill a certain amount of creature for some range exp.

Or how about a dailey hunting board for dailey hunts for range exp but to get the exp you have to use a bow or crossbow.

If you would plz give it a try it would be awesome.

Your friend and loyal player Strgothemad in game Tesmor.

Yes, would be great to have this kind of daily quest. Similar to Haidir I think, but to succeed kills needs to be done with bow/crossbow.

I think the NPC from PV (the one on the way to Bethel, near archery shooting range) could give it. Also without interaction with others. Just simple quest to kill 30 Ferans, raccoons or something …

Tough call on this one, I dont know if the server can recognise whether a player who killed X creature was equipped with Y item at the time of the kill or not, but I am betting it would take a bit of jiggery pokery at the programming side to ensure it can (if it cant already) just in order to give us a pop-up "All the Y creatures are dead". Would require a dev to say if this is possible atm or what.

That aside, ranging kills quest would be an awesome idea, I likez it.

Tough call on this one, I dont know if the server can recognise whether a player who killed X creature was equipped with Y item at the time of the kill or not, but I am betting it would take a bit of jiggery pokery at the programming side to ensure it can (if it cant already) just in order to give us a pop-up "All the Y creatures are dead". Would require a dev to say if this is possible atm or what.

That aside, ranging kills quest would be an awesome idea, I likez it.

Since you can complete a A/D daily with ranging, I'd dare to say, that nobody addressed this issue, you mention, yet...

Well the server already differentiates between kills made by melee weapons VS ranged weapons in PvP (i.e. you don't get PKi when it was ranging, but the kill is still registered), so there's a good chance the server is already aware and little coding would be needed for that part of it.

Still, it's a presumption... ofc only radu (and maybe learner) could answer for sure.

It could be done with some work, but would be hard to justify in RPing terms the need for killing animals with ranged weapons alone.

Just a quick idea about that (don't know if it's possible): you could use Haidir's quests but change the reward according to the weapon used. It would maybe require 2 counters though in order to count the number of mobs killed in melee and those killed with ranging weapons.

in RP terms: They've become rabid, and are running the townspeople away! You cannot engage them in melee combat or you'll become infected (just RP, idk how you'd implement it), you must shoot them down with bows and arrows!

It could be done with some work, but would be hard to justify in RPing terms the need for killing animals with ranged weapons alone.

It makes perfect sense for taking down hawks and falcons.

I always laugh when I get the mental image of some guy waving his sword around at a hawk flying a couple hundred (or even 20) feet above him. Yea, I'm sure that'll work... Of course the ranging UI will make hitting a hawk as hard as in real-life.

It's also easily justified for any animal that would be hard to get close to or chase down (just like in real-life) like rabbits, deer, boars, etc. Anything that bow hunters typically will go after.

Would you honestly walk up to a skunk in real-life and try to hit it with a sword? Talk about getting an anti-social perk!

And of course we already know the advantages a ranged weapon has against something to strong/danerous for you to approach and fight.