Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dilly

EL Urban Legends

Using fr removal stone while wearing fr cape gives free pickpoints :)

wooooot?

Aw, come on!

You made that one up! B)

How did you know that, since you can't wear FR if you has FR perk already! :P

Using fr removal stone while wearing fr cape gives free pickpoints :)

wooooot?

Aw, come on!

You made that one up! B)

How did you know that, since you can't wear FR if you has FR perk already! :P

1. i dont have fr perk, i use the cloak.

2. i havent tried any of these "legends" with the exception of one. i am not saying which.

3. i am amused that you think i would make any of this stuff up.

Ah, ok. I think I misunderstood that. :)

You meant trying to fool teh server into thinking you took the perk by wearing the cape. :P

Now that would be a bug, which I'm sure at least one person has tried to exploit, and which Ent would surely have picked up on soon after the stones came out. B)

Un - Mything :P

You have to sit on the carpet to get into the instance.

Did the NPC ever tell you to go on that rug to enter an instance?

No, he didn't.

Then why do you assume it has to do with the carpet? You just have to be near the NPC, it has absolutely no connection to the carpet.

I think that carpet thing just became a legend, because it's easy to direct people going into the instance.

"Everyone sit on the carpet and make XXXXXX channel active!"

Telling someone "near NPC" is very vague and can lead into man-left-behind syndrome if you are "not near enough" :P

This one i heard about a year ago, so sadly i'm missing one of the names. :-/

There is a maximum level you can reach in any skill (including oa): 178, due to the limitations of the datatype radu used for experience.

(This part might actually be true)

There used to be 2 legendary characters, DonPedro and ????? (that's the name i forgot). Both of them reached that level at some point. One was banned for massive cheating, including being played by over 10 players. The other went insane and deleted his char.

There is a maximum level you can reach in any skill (including oa): 178, due to the limitations of the datatype radu used for experience.

(This part might actually be true)

It is true.

There used to be 2 legendary characters, DonPedro and ????? (that's the name i forgot). Both of them reached that level at some point. One was banned for massive cheating, including being played by over 10 players. The other went insane and deleted his char.

I sincerely doubt anyone ever reached 178 ;p ...there's certainly been chars that reached very high a/d which had heaps of people sharing them though.

I especially liked the "went insane and deleted his char after too much grinding"-part. XD

Also i heard once that radu offered to change the datatype for experience should anyone ever be limited by that.

This might be an urban legend as well though.

DonPedro was level 120-130 A/D as far as I remember.

Killed his char because his thermal serp broke after very short time (only very few in game at that time)

Before C2 was in game.

I especially liked the "went insane and deleted his char after too much grinding"-part. XD

Also i heard once that radu offered to change the datatype for experience should anyone ever be limited by that.

yeah not sure on that one... iirc he did say that he'd raise the attrib cap just for any person who gets every attrib to 48 tho... must be almost that time :>

yeah not sure on that one... iirc he did say that he'd raise the attrib cap just for any person who gets every attrib to 48 tho... must be almost that time :>

That's 264 pickpoints w/o any nexus invested, a bit (a bit more, maybe the most) insane achievement :P 56 pickpoints for EVERY negative perk, 178 overall level and still you need to buy 30 pickpoints via nexus removal and nexus bought for HB (1500 HB and 30 nexus removal stones in total).

If anyone ever achieve this, he should really rethink an idea about getting some real life, seriously :D

That's 264 pickpoints w/o any nexus invested, a bit (a bit more, maybe the most) insane achievement :P 56 pickpoints for EVERY negative perk, 178 overall level and still you need to buy 30 pickpoints via nexus removal and nexus bought for HB (1500 HB and 30 nexus removal stones in total).

If anyone ever achieve this, he should really rethink an idea about getting some real life, seriously :D

Iirc toomass had all attributes at 48 except vitality was 36. And no, this isn't legend.

Increased rare manufacturing day comes only when my astro for Make Rare is on positive ( the more neg, the better)

You have to sit on the carpet to get into the instance.

omg i heard that too but i ALWAYS sit or stand on the carpet ! :P

edit: "the flying carpet"

here is another one:

Degraded items break faster then the original ones.

(In the meaning of chance to degrade again, when the item disappears)

Edited by SolarStar

This from years ago :

When you PK, have always the cheapest items like meds equiped in the top slots and the rare/most expensive in the lowest slots,

BROD will hit/destroy the items in the top slots first.

This from years ago :

When you PK, have always the cheapest items like meds equiped in the top slots and the rare/most expensive in the lowest slots,

BROD will hit/destroy the items in the top slots first.

Yes, there might be some truth in this. Depending on how the code is written, the probability is a lot higher that the first slot is selected (which holds an item or is empty).

The brod breaking top slot items first was actually true for a while but radu changed how brod works. When i first heard the myth I tested it on the test server with friends.

I always assumed astro changes the chance to get food poisoned by toadstools. It sure seems that way.

Toadstools are supposed to carry a 5% chance to cause poisoning. I've been poisoned by them 4 times in a row many times. If my math is correct, .05*.05*.05*.05 = .00000625, or a 1/16,000 chance to get food poisoned 4 times in a row. That seems unlikely unless something changes the probability to get poisoned by toadstools. Anyone out there who is good at math care to correct me?

Your math sucks :P

5% is not 0.05 it is 0.5

0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.0625

So it has a .06% chance of happening, which is pretty big for those who eat toadies all the time.

Your math sucks :D

5% is not 0.05 it is 0.5

No, yours does :P

The problem with Slimpickin's reasoning is that 1/16k is the probabilty of 4 poisons in a row out of 4 toadstools, not the probability of 4 poisons in a row out of 1000s eaten.

Edited by extrapolation

Iirc toomass had all attributes at 48 except vitality was 36. And no, this isn't legend.

IIRC he had like 32 or 36 bought PP and OA over 150, so he was very close, yes. However, he surely did not have gelatine bones, i cant dance or one perk (which was implemented after he retired), and also he had some nexues (human 7 and inorganic 2 - for coal and silver), so the math kinda malfunctions here somewhere :)