Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkPresent

Morath

Just to update you all, Morath is now Le_suicide ingame.

Thank you for the info, RED tag updated.

PS. Littlebro2, you are damn right!

I let him into ToS feel free to brod tag us. He is an epic bagjumper all should realize his pr0ness. gj morath x2 \o/

"epic bagjumper" and "pr0ness". wow.

First of all, from watching Morath, it doesn't seem that hard at all to be a bagjumper. All he does is sit around and wait for someone to grue or teleport off their bag or have some other random unfortunate event occur. Then his "pr0ness" kicks in.

When he does this stuff he's not doing anything that *anyone* else couldn't do if they wanted to, nor does it deserve any positive recognition. The only things he *has* done up to this point is made a name for himself as someone who can't be trusted, stolen a bunch of stuff, made a bunch of enemies, and proved that its easy as pie to get into the "ToS" guild. Seriously, are any of those things that hard to do? No.

What is hard to do and what deserves our "realization of pr0ness" is when players are being honorable at all times no matter what the possible gain or loss is, players being true to their word, and lastly the obvious: by becoming advanced in one or more of the core set of skills (a/d, harv, alc, mag, pot, sum, manu, etc). All this while they are obeying the game rules with exactness.

Sorry, I for one do not realize his "pr0ness".

From your point of view, you see such actions as bad because they are not what the "community" deems as socially correct.

From my point of view, he doesn't comply with silly community rules and that imo makes him stand out as an INDIVIDUAL instead of following the flock like 95% of other tree-hugging EL'ers.

So yes, he's made enemies with people who disagree with his play style but this happens every day, it's nothing like you are trying to portray it as.

You're more than welcome with continue your "omg i'm so honorable" play style, but to be so blatantly ignorant to expect that YOUR play style is the only way to be "pr0" is utter bullshit.

What sabbath said, maybe it doesnt suit most playing style of EL players, its an mmorpg so since its allowed u can do it np. Same is tho what rest of ppl is going to do , that why at my previous post i said that i will back up DP.

Dont forget its just pixels and enjoy

From my point of view, he doesn't comply with silly community rules and that imo makes him stand out as an INDIVIDUAL instead of following the flock like 95% of other tree-hugging EL'ers.

You're more than welcome with continue your "omg i'm so honorable" play style, but to be so blatantly ignorant to expect that YOUR play style is the only way to be "pr0" is utter bullshit.

being different for the only reason to be different is the act of a child, it seems that you and morath fall into that category.

Acting on purpose and achieving something is neutral, but its easy to discern a noob bagjumper from someone who is skilled in acting evil. Pr0ness in being evil means you follow your own rules , it doesnt mean you dont follow any rules. Ppl who mix this up are just scum and dont deserve any special attention.

This is only my opinion, no need to argue about that, you can have a different one.

regards

Dont forget its just pixels and enjoy

These are pixels all right but let me tell you about funny thing. Yesterday in news (case took place in Poland) there was a reportage about a guy who sued some people for robbing his character in game (they didn’t tell in which game, but probably WoW). His account was hacked and items were stolen. Even more funny is that police didn’t ignore this and even admitted that they are tracking the “thieves”. :)

being different for the only reason to be different is the act of a child, it seems that you and morath fall into that category.

regards

Looks can, and usually are deceiving. :)

Also, could you point out where I'm being different for the reason of being different please?

well, i thought this post was about - if you see him around, be careful :pickaxe:

thanks to InfectioN for posting his new name..

well and whats about just standing/sitting beside and jumping on a bag ?

we all could do this...well but there wouldn't be any bag to jump on :)

funny thing beside, what does a bad guy do when there is no one left he could loot ?

so just be careful when you see him around, and i hope most of us still keep on playing this game together...

Edited by wuffzel

I let him into ToS feel free to brod tag us. He is an epic bagjumper all should realize his pr0ness. gj morath x2 \o/

First of all, from watching Morath, it doesn't seem that hard at all to be a bagjumper. All he does is sit around and wait for someone to grue or teleport off their bag or have some other random unfortunate event occur. Then his "pr0ness" kicks in.

When he does this stuff he's not doing anything that *anyone* else couldn't do if they wanted to, nor does it deserve any positive recognition. The only things he *has* done up to this point is made a name for himself as someone who can't be trusted, stolen a bunch of stuff, made a bunch of enemies, and proved that its easy as pie to get into the "ToS" guild. Seriously, are any of those things that hard to do? No.

What is hard to do and what deserves our "realization of pr0ness" is when players are being honorable at all times no matter what the possible gain or loss is, players being true to their word, and lastly the obvious: by becoming advanced in one or more of the core set of skills (a/d, harv, alc, mag, pot, sum, manu, etc). All this while they are obeying the game rules with exactness.

From your point of view, you see such actions as bad because they are not what the "community" deems as socially correct.

So yes, he's made enemies with people who disagree with his play style but this happens every day, it's nothing like you are trying to portray it as.

I really don't care that much about this topic so I am surprised at myself for even replying, but anyway...

Its not just EL'ers that like to follow "community rules". Its human nature. Any human being in their right mind wants reassurance that they won't be harmed or mistreated. We are all selfish. Even the most criminal. All of us want things to work out in "our way". As a human, we all have basic needs..Oxygen, food, shelter, etc. And the "rules" are all relative to the situation. Think about it. For example. Wouldn't Morath be pissed if all of his fortunes suddenly disappeared? Of course.

So whether its real life or "fantasy EL life", the difference is when a person starts thinking they can do things to harm or mistreat others hoping and counting on the fact, that the same treatment won't happen to them because they'll somehow be able to avoid it. At the risk of sounding over-dramatic about this all: If everyone behaved this way all the time, there would be mass chaos and everyone eventually loses.

So theoretically, Morath really doesn't even condone the very behavior that he engages in. He just plays the odds, hoping that it won't happen to him. Granted maybe he's bored with "obeying the community rules". Or he's just too lazy to go and earn gc in ways that won't hurt others. Or lastly, could he just be too stupid to realize that his actions hurt others and if everyone did it, he'd eventually get it too?

Whatever the reason is, I am glad that most people in EL (and in real-life for that matter) aren't as lazy or "blatantly ignorant" as Morath (and you?) are.

Sure this is just a stupid game, but if you don't believe human nature applies to it, you're just fooling yourself.

I really don't care that much about this topic so I am surprised at myself for even replying, but anyway...

Its not just EL'ers that like to follow "community rules". Its human nature. Any human being in their right mind wants reassurance that they won't be harmed or mistreated. We are all selfish. Even the most criminal. All of us want things to work out in "our way". As a human, we all have basic needs..Oxygen, food, shelter, etc. And the "rules" are all relative to the situation. Think about it. For example. Wouldn't Morath be pissed if all of his fortunes suddenly disappeared? Of course.

So whether its real life or "fantasy EL life", the difference is when a person starts thinking they can do things to harm or mistreat others hoping and counting on the fact, that the same treatment won't happen to them because they'll somehow be able to avoid it. At the risk of sounding over-dramatic about this all: If everyone behaved this way all the time, there would be mass chaos and everyone eventually loses.

So theoretically, Morath really doesn't even condone the very behavior that he engages in. He just plays the odds, hoping that it won't happen to him. Granted maybe he's bored with "obeying the community rules". Or he's just too lazy to go and earn gc in ways that won't hurt others. Or lastly, could he just be too stupid to realize that his actions hurt others and if everyone did it, he'd eventually get it too?

Whatever the reason is, I am glad that most people in EL (and in real-life for that matter) aren't as lazy or "blatantly ignorant" as Morath (and you?) are.

Sure this is just a stupid game, but if you don't believe human nature applies to it, you're just fooling yourself.

And that's why you and many others treat EL as if it's another life, not a game to blow time on. I won't focus every point and give it a reply, instead I'll tell it like it is.

EL is supposed to be a "fantasy" game as you pointed out but believe it or not some people like morath treat it as such, unlike the majority of you. If you spent more time trying to have fun instead of trying to make the game more safe, friendly and whatever other real life aspects you can't seem to acquire then maybe EL would be treated as such. :pickaxe:

No,no,no DarkPresent, you don't undersand realy, ATA flee the casty, for casty kill me, dre shooting casty and kill him.

ATA (not in figth) can't auto-take the bag, the bag is now free, and I can take is with no problem.

You undersand ?

I'm sorry if much guy cry because I bagjump the casty, I don't bagjump monster.

and other, the game is not a real live, if you dead or other in game, is not a important, if you dead or other in real live, now you have a probleme.

the game is only few pixel, you undersand ?

I am only trying to get a bit fun.

If a game don't have few thief is not a good game.

Some people are not in a good position to tell that i am a bjer.

Well IF you made the killing blow then you are not a bagjumper,your simply not sharing,but a decent person would be obligated to share with others who did most of the work killing the casty. As you yourself admit that dre was shooting the casty and you took the bag this aslo becomes an admission to bagjumping it. Im sure your also well aware of the fact that most people in EL will now be out to get you, grats for making yourself the biggest target!

but a decent person would be obligated to share with others

I don't get how you can decide if someone's a decent person via in GAME actions. He's explained himself quite well.

'and other, the game is not a real live, if you dead or other in game, is not a important'

well morath.... what do you think, others here are bots ???

when im here i spend real life time, so this game becomes a part of my life.

ok, some are taking it to serious....but if yo be honest...how often i saw you

running with the fighters in invasions, no gear on just waiting to get loot ?

if it was me in the casty team, well im a ranger and usually i spend about 27 kg for

PK bolts, i would like to see some of the gc comming back...

first of all, hunting dragons or castys is a team play, not a single party !!!

what would you think if you make a team for fight and someone comes and says

' hey free drop...f*** the rest of you i take it ' ...hmmmmm ?

i think this post is not about to mark you as a bagjumper, its just to tell others :

if you are in team fight and see him, know he wouldn't be fair !!!!

edit :

ummm, and 'If a game don't have few thief is not a good game.'

well you are not a thief !!! this game is not designed to have thieves !!!!

if it would be, there would be a chance to shoot you in the butt and get

some of the loot back .... :pickaxe:

you can call yourself a thief if you get a PK-server account and survive

the casty action there !!!

Edited by wuffzel

qq

Not designed to have thieves? haha how long have you been playing?

Pretty sure bag jumping is equal to stealing, which equates to being a thief no? :pickaxe:

EL is ´thief´heaven for those who chose to not play nice. You don´t even have to do it as out in the open as Morath did, but there is nothing wrong with that, there´s nothing in the gamerules that says you aren´t allowed to do it. There is also nothing wrong with the people who become ´victim´ to want to retaliate in whatever way possible.

qq

Pretty sure bag jumping is equal to stealing, which equates to being a thief no? :pickaxe:

Defending his actions makes you just as miserable as him, period...

upsy, sorry ....

i'm an old rpg player and for me a thief is a char-class

which can be played noble and is acting in the hidden.

ok, what i mean is :

the casty action isn't just stealing...its like kicking everyone around in the butt.

well im not shure if such actions are good for the whole el-gameplay

who wants to fight a casty for just hot air as a drop...

well....me not !!!!

well, i don't know..maybe i'm wrong but i think there is a difference between leaving a bag on ground

or dieing without rosto, dropping stuff and this case...

el-rules are there but .... well, but here there is nothing you can do to prevent the stealing of loot,

i'm not sure if this is in the spirit of the game

Edited by wuffzel

honestly as a drunk guy kav is right abotu everything <3 kav

<3

qq

Defending his actions makes you just as miserable as him, period...

Again, you assume he's miserable because of in game actions, don't you people go out in the real world.. like ever? :omg:

Edited by Sabbath

EL is not real life. Hopefully no one here gets the two confused, but you guys saying bagjumping etc is ok and should even be encouraged-you know perfectly well how time consuming or $expensive it is depending how you can/want to do things, so why are you acting like people shouldn't be bothered by it? People come and steal your stuff in game they are taking your time/$ from real life, right? People who steal or scam in-game know this, and if they do it anyway IMO that's a good sign they are probably an asshole in RL as well. just sayin.. you want to do it go ahead but why argue something so obvious?

EL is not real life. Hopefully no one here gets the two confused, but you guys saying bagjumping etc is ok and should even be encouraged-you know perfectly well how time consuming or $expensive it is depending how you can/want to do things, so why are you acting like people shouldn't be bothered by it? People come and steal your stuff in game they are taking your time/$ from real life, right? People who steal or scam in-game know this, and if they do it anyway IMO that's a good sign they are probably an asshole in RL as well. just sayin.. you want to do it go ahead but why argue something so obvious?

Good points, but seeing as you refer to someone doing something to you in game as an act of stealing time in life.. you don't actually treat this game as a game.

I didn't say they shouldn't be bothered by it, it's just not logical to assume such things about a person via in game actions. i.e. A very honorable and "pure" person plays Grand Theft Auto and steals someones car, does that automatically make them an thief or asshole irl?..

Bag jumping is part of the game, whether people like it or not. What DP has stated is perfectly valid, he's going to seek retribution.. but then you have the care bear squad rushing in the topic and exclaiming that Morath is obviously some kind of serial killer/thief/asshole irl because he bag jumped someone in a game.

I didn't say they shouldn't be bothered by it, it's just not logical to assume such things about a person via in game actions. i.e. A very honorable and "pure" person plays Grand Theft Auto and steals someones car, does that automatically make them an thief or asshole irl?..

I don't give a hoot what Morath is like irl. He might be a thief; he might be writing a high-school psychology paper on irritating people in mmorpgs. Based on his character's EL behavior, I have no desire to know, understand, do business with or associate with him either irl or in el. His character intentionally works to interfere with my enjoyment of this game, so I see no reason to treat Morath (and his successor) as anything but the predator that he appears to be.

Bag jumping is part of the game, whether people like it or not. What DP has stated is perfectly valid, he's going to seek retribution.. but then you have the care bear squad rushing in the topic and exclaiming that Morath is obviously some kind of serial killer/thief/asshole irl because he bag jumped someone in a game.

He bj'ed me once. He only got away with a piece of fruit, because that was all I put in the bag to tempt him before I was teleported off of it while making FE's. His behavior is perfectly legal and part of the game, as you have stated. So I take precautions to try to protect myself and my friends from those like Morath who seek to harm us.

I'm just one character and can't do much about him or his ilk. I can ban him from bots, refuse to trade with him, perhaps kill him if the opportunity presents itself someday (although ignoring him might be more effective). Perhaps someday the "community" you seem to dislike so will band together to find some more effective measures for protecting ourselves from predatory behavior. After all, we send our most valiant warriors after Lenny! In the interim, threads like this serve as useful information so that we can make more informed choices in our el lives.