Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raytray

Make Axe of freezing have an aggressive role.

I wish to see that the Axe of freezing paralyzing effect be triggered when you hit the opponent and not when the opponent hits you wearing the axe. Perhaps keep large spider and etc paralyzing effects the same, but make this stand alone, so it triggers when you hit.

I would like to see this occur because it seemed to me an axe was more of an offensive weapon, it would help more in a team plan environment (another way to help the tank other than sitting by and remote healing him.) This would encourage more team work and perhaps better strategies could be developed so players can more easily work together to kill high level creatures such as trices/etc. I believe this would also encourage this weapon to be used and purchased more.

I see potential abuse from having 8 guys using this weapon and constantly paralyzing a monster and causing it to never hit who it is attacking so perhaps to balance this, lowering the chance to 2% similar to the scythe's bod effect instead of the current 7%.

Agree, but i dont think it could be abused, the damage inflicted isn't that high.

If the porpuse of the axe was ever meant to tank, I would prefer to buy a SoP instead of this axe.

Good idea, I vote for that. To be honest, I thought that this axe is working like that right now. Good I didn’t bought it. :medieval:

I dont like it

this will make teams way to overpowered and i am not talking only for pk

take as example the casty , imagine 3 fighters paralyzing it and 4 rangers killing it , t3h easy ( i am not even talking about any other instance mobs).

I dont like it

this will make teams way to overpowered and i am not talking only for pk

take as example the casty , imagine 3 fighters paralyzing it and 4 rangers killing it , t3h easy ( i am not even talking about any other instance mobs).

It's an expensive weapon and the degrade rate is kinda high, it should have any special use... if not, just hit the mobs with normal weapons, that makes more damage, and summon spiders on them (i'm pretty sure the cost will be lower) :medieval:

What Xanthus said. A team of 8 people with that axe would be able to take down a casty without even using a single restore. The break rate is not that high...

What Xanthus said. A team of 8 people with that axe would be able to take down a casty without even using a single restore. The break rate is not that high...

Well you decide how much time a Castellan should spend paralysed/what percentage of its hits it should still be allowed to make when there are 7 axes of freezing being used against it (let's allow the tank to use a SoP). When you decide on a sensible figure, then you can work backwards to find a suitable chance of paralysis for each individual axe (The maths is pretty nasty, probably beyond my abilities, but there is the option of working it out experimentally on the test server).

As dipi said the SoP is just a better tanking weapon, it would be good to see the axe of freezing modified in some way or other so that it is used more.

The Axe of Freezing's effect could be changed so that it makes the opponent miss 3 out of their next 6 combat rolls, ie.

Axe of Freezing effect occurs. Duration: 6 combat rolls. "Freeze effect" parameter is set to on.

Offensive part of combat roll 1 - Does not occur.

Offensive part of combat roll 2 - Occurs.

Offensive part of combat roll 3 - Does not occur.

Offensive part of combat roll 4 - Occurs.

Offensive part of combat roll 5 - Does not occur.

Offensive part of combat roll 6 - Occurs.

Axe of Freezing effect is now over. "Freeze effect" parameter is set to off.

Now, the key point to address the concerns here is that if there's another Axe of Freezing going off on the opponent when they're already frozen, it does nothing.

This way, no matter how many Axes of Freezing are thrown in the mix, the most that will ever be achieved is halving the offensive combat rolls of the opponent. This would still be a very desirable thing, making the Axe worthwhile, but wouldn't equate to groups easily ripping apart bigger mobs.

Alternatively, a more simple cooldown could be applied to the current freezing effect happening to an entity. i.e. If CreatureA gets frozen by the axe, it won't be able to be frozen by one again for X seconds.

EDIT:

Well you decide how much time a Castellan should spend paralysed/what percentage of its hits it should still be allowed to make when there are 7 axes of freezing being used against it (let's allow the tank to use a SoP). When you decide on a sensible figure

What you suggest means balancing the Axe of Freezing only for large groups attacking a single opponent, and making it worthless in every other situation... imo not a great idea.

Edited by Korrode

I was eager to see how it works, so i bought one, and tested it to tanking 1 Cocalar. it results 11 paralyzes, so it works well, but is it good enough to use instead SoP?..that is another question.:medieval:

I was eager to see how it works, so i bought one, and tested it to tanking 1 Cocalar. it results 11 paralyzes, so it works well, but is it good enough to use instead SoP?..that is another question.:medieval:

I was tanking lots of 80-100 instance monsters with an AoF instead of SoP, i would say, the effects are comparable but can't really decide which is better, all i can say the SoP works smoother

I was tanking lots of 80-100 instance monsters with an AoF instead of SoP, i would say, the effects are comparable but can't really decide which is better, all i can say the SoP works smoother

I think it depends on the average damage done on the tank per combat round.

Sop: in 100 rounds of combat this will give you: 25 heals * 25HP = 625

AoF: in 100 rounds of total combat it will occur 5 times (7% chance, (14 + 3 + 14 + 3 + 14 +3 +14 +3 +14 +3 +14))

AoF will be more valuable at: 5 occurences * 3 rounds * average damage > 625 => average damage = 41,6HP

*edit: typo's

Edited by DonC

I think it depends on the average damage done on the tank per combat round.

Sop: in 100 rounds of combat this will give you: 25 heals * 25HP = 625

AoF: in 100 rounds of total combat it will occur 5 times (7% chance, (14 + 3 + 14 + 3 + 14 +3 +14 +3 +14 +3 +14))

AoF will be more valuable at: 5 occurences * 3 rounds * average damage > 625 => average damage = 41,6HP

*edit: typo's

Error on my part. never mind

Edited by AitorTillas