Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raz

Strange behavious of the get all button!

Yesterday I was training with a MOL - rather than the usual (and wonderful) gatherer, and therefore had to pick up bags manually. As it was Yeti - I could not see to click the click the bag to open. So for the first time ever I used the 'GetAll' button on the inv for a full training session.

Normally first click opens the bag, second click transfers everything in the bag to your inventory.

However several times, I noticed that the first click transferred some of the contents to my inv, whilst opening the bag.

A specific example:

• Before the kill gc in inv 1301gc
  • Kill Yeti
  • Auto walk onto bag
  • Click GetAll
  • Bag opens - gc in inv now 1304
  • Bag contains 180gc and 6 bones
  • Click GetAll - transfers contents to inv

The amount of gc transferred always seems low and not every time a lot seemed to depend upon timing of the first click on GetAll.

I think it is the first item that gets transferred, as in the past I have noticed PW bags with fewer than 6 bones in them - but was not able to recreate.

I saw it before.

I think the amount transfered to inv in the first click is related to the amount for picking that you had selected in your inv window (1,5,10,20,50, other...)

Maybe is related of clicking too fast when the bag is created, but neighter couldn't reproduce it.

Been there for a while, also seen that you can click all and only get the GC while the bones are left in the bag so you will have to click again to get those up

Been there for a while, also seen that you can click all and only get the GC while the bones are left in the bag so you will have to click again to get those up

that happens when you are overloaded :) (gcs has no emu)

that happens when you are overloaded :icon13: (gcs has no emu)

Missed that part? :)

Well if the first click takes out 2 or 3 gc (which I have occaisionally noticed myself), then it will be the case that gcs are all picked up and bones are left behind whenever there were fewer than 4 gcs in the bag to begin with, not just when you're overloaded. :icon13:

Edited by extrapolation

Have it something to do with the counter for Events ?

I have :

total loose gold coin 496

loose gold coin 37

for today

when/how do I loose coins ?

Have it something to do with the counter for Events ?

I have :

total loose gold coin 496

loose gold coin 37

for today

when/how do I loose coins ?

You didn't "Lose" coins, it's just the mini events counters for finding coins.

i can confirm this bug now.

One instance monster announced dropping 5800 gc but i saw only 5700 in the bag.

Then i remembered reading this here and found that 100 gc were automagically transferred to my inv already when i had pressed the GetAll button.

I am seeing this type of behavior very often now. I also experience auto-walking to another location when clicking the 'get-all' button (not as often, more rare). Has anyone else seen this behavior?

(PK-server)

Edited by ProHibited

Yes I found that - I think it is if there is one item on the bag - and the first get all opens and empties it :pickaxe:

I've found out how to reliably reproduce this issue. It's due to the contents of a previous bag being use to getall from a new bag:

1) Drop 20 coins in bag A.

2) Drop 10 coins in bag B.

3) Walk over bag A but not by clicking on it (so it does not open)

4) Use the getall button.

5) 10 coins from the bag will be moved into your inv, 10 will be left behind.

I have a patch that fixes the issue but there is a down side. Currently, using the getall button will sometime empty the new bag immediately. A one click getall. With the fix, you will always have to click the inv getall twice.

However, it is probably possible to rewrite the getall function in a more consistent way such that it will always open and getall in one click.

What do people want?

1) Leave it as is with the inconsistency.

2) Fix it so you always have to click the inv getall twice if the bag is not open.

3) Fix it so the inv getall always opens and gets all in one click.

Edited by bluap

Please do the one click option, I posted in the suggestions once about how you need to double cilck get all, which defeats the double click safety on the drop all button which is next to it, but nobody cared for my idea :).

hmmm, one click is ok :)

but i would like to see the button on the quickbar not in inv window please :pickaxe:

so i can hide the inv window and have a bigger screen...that would be great

Edited by wuffzel

hmmm, one click is ok :)

but i would like to see the button on the quickbar not in inv window please :pickaxe:

so i can hide the inv window and have a bigger screen...that would be great

Well found bluap... and love this idea!

I've found out how to reliably reproduce this issue. It's due to the contents of a previous bag being use to getall from a new bag:

thx for investigating it :-)

I don't think radu will like the one click option (or maybe he will?), the behavior will be too similar to the gatherer medallion.

I think the fix should be that with the first click on the buttom opens the bag and takes nothing from it. Or if the bag is open, takes all.

This bug was fixed in CVS a week or so ago. Making the getall button consistently open the bag without removing items.

I've just committed another patch to add an option to the getall button to open and empty the bag in one click. This restores the original, occasional behaviour but now consistently works. I made it optional because personally, I would prefer to see the contents of the bag before moving the items to my inventory.

I don't know if this is easy to code or not but just a possible nice little feature would be to have the text of the button sensitive to whether the bag window is open already or not. If not then the button could say "view bag" (or "see bag" if idiomaticity comes second to aesthetics), and then after clicking on it it would change to "get all". Of course for the one-click get all mode the button should always say get all.