Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
elkio

Quest Storylines

Alright, so I started playing again after pretty much a year hiatus. I came back this year to find a large number of new NPC's and quests, which I always felt had to be done. But to my dismay I soon discovered that the quest management system still lacked (no quest tab, just a notepad to copy and paste text with a few NPC names) and the storylines for these new quests sucked! I haven't delved far into the game but apparently the buzz going around Draia is a proposed healthcare program.

Healthcare Program?!

What the hell kind of storyline is that?! It's the same shit I hear on CSPAN. The only thing is that it has a magical twist, which doesn't make a difference at all. I don't wanna heard about universal healthcare in EL.

I can keep deriding this game's quests, but out of fear of being banned (because this game keeps me entertained) I digress.

Let the flaming begin!

You could try accompanying your complaint with suggestions.

Write some quests you think would be more interesting and submit them for consideration by the game developers.

There is a quest tab, click the View Stats button on your toolbar or hit Ctrl+A and click the Quest log tab. It may not be the sexiest quest tracking implementation in the history of role-playing games, but it's not bad considering it's maintained by members of the player base. It has some handy new features like filtering by NPC as well if you right-click to get the context menu.

I agree with Korrode. If you don't like it then seriously get involved. Write a quest and submit it. Many things in that area are being updated and worked on right now. So good thing you came back to help out.

By the way, if you didn't notice, the healthcare plan is supposed to be a parody of what was actually going on. It's only limited to votd and Nordcarn maps.. it's just one sect of an even larger storyline. So just don't talk to them :)

Many of the NPC's are in place to be informative, so that you better understand why things are the way they are in EL. They are, in my opinion, a refreshing break to the monotony of harvesting, mixing and fighting.