Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
makuyi

new players

I am writing this post not to brag on what I can do or moan about what I cannot do, but to show how far you can get in this game after only 4 weeks

Some things I can harvest and/or make.

Gold, silver, iron ores and bars. sulphur , coal, quarts, ruby, emerald, sapphire and gypsum.

I can make mortar and pestle, rings, different kinds of easy armor and some potions. I can kill skeletons.

For the gypsum , i went to irrilion. It took me quite some time to find out where to harvest it.

The rubies I found in a cave where I walked past them 3 times before I realised what I saw.

my alc level is 30, man = 15 and cra =17.

I have not had time to focus much on fighting, but I figure I first need to find ways to make money, then spend it on armor. Of course, that is my choice.

In short, just give yourself some weeks. It does get easier (even the critter killing although I sometimes still frantically click my mouse to finally target them)

-----

Some thoughts

I am getting better at not forgetting to bring something. Walking all the way to a store and realising I forgot my money or trying to harvest and not bring gloves/pickaxe is annoying.

I know now that fluffy rabbits only look cute.

The sunrise and sunsets are beautiful. So well done.

I try not to want to understand everything. I see people say things like: "I've been using sop and mol". No clue.

I am still not a member of a guild, that is my choice. I need to be sure what I want. Luckily there is always some one to answer my questions in the newbie channel. A big thank you to chr0nik and Maxine and others for that. That channel is very important. I can look up a lot of things in the help, but just asking and getting the one answer you need at that time is nice, so I can keep focussing on what I do.

I know that skunks can kill me too. I was killing one and another player ( I had not noticed he was killing in the area too) told me to go away. I walked away, but noticed something was hitting me. I thought the other player was mad at me and was on some sort of stealth mode to follow and kill me. Now I know it was poison.

I wonder if I ever want to look like a mule. I am sure it is efficient, but hm.....

I am getting better at not forgetting to bring something. Walking all the way to a store and realising I forgot my money or trying to harvest and not bring gloves/pickaxe is annoying.

There is an option (I don't know if it's just with a CVS client) that is called "Save last row" which allows you to click on your "Sto all" feature and you will not sto anything on the bottom row of your inventory window. So try to leave your pickaxes/HEs/srs/fruits that you usually bring with you in your bottom row and you will not have to worry about that anymore.

I try not to want to understand everything. I see people say things like: "I've been using sop and mol". No clue.

SoP = Staff of Protection and MoL = Medallion of Life. There is also a page in your help files (Marked "?" on the bottom of your screen) that will give you a list of common acronyms in the game.

I wonder if I ever want to look like a mule. I am sure it is efficient, but hm.....

Having a mule is a great tool to use when you are hauling anything. I have a max level mule and it's one of the greatest tools I had to use up until I stopped playing. But if you have plans to level a mule then I suggest that you do not take the antisocial perk as this really limits the amount of things you can do with your mule to help you make gold coin.

A great way to make use of your mule early on while you are leveling it is to buy things like wine, feasting potions, leather and sell on the market for an increase of what you paid for it. Make sure you pay a lot of attention to the amounts of time you are in mule form because you will eat two creature foods per minute. I know that may sound like a lot but from lots of experience I know you can easily make large amounts of gold coin selling things to antisocial people or others too lazy to do NPC work themselves. (Throwing a shout out to Raz here cause she would haul wine for me when I was too lazy to do it myself :) )

Take care,

PaulB

Hey Mayuki!

I'm glad to hear you're making progress!

After a while, all the abbreviations become second nature, you'll pick it up :)

There is an option (I don't know if it's just with a CVS client) that is called "Save last row" which allows you to click on your "Sto all" feature and you will not sto anything on the bottom row of your inventory window. So try to leave your pickaxes/HEs/srs/fruits that you usually bring with you in your bottom row and you will not have to worry about that anymore.

Not just CVS, this is in stable too. :icon13:

in 4 weeks i had 1 mill gc, 40 a/d and 70 oa without spending a single $ =D

but still nice =)

Edited by Peach

gratz peach. As I can see, you are an excellent player and apparantly you understand the money making and the levelling much faster than I do.

Sadly , you did not get the point of why I posted.

These two links are useful too.

http://www.el-wiki.net/Main_Page

http://el-cel.com/

And here is one about just a specific topic that I posted about.

http://pen.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=131 Some advice, information and manners about bags in the game.

Edited by nathanstenzel

but still nice =)

But you had friends here that played before you came (and wasnt TK your brother?) Makes learning the game a bit easier,

I know now that fluffy rabbits only look cute.

I love this! Thanks for the comments, Keep up the good work, I have found that making friends in the game greatly helps in ways you could not even imagine.

but still nice =)

Not when you first started.... noop :<

I am still not a member of a guild, that is my choice. I need to be sure what I want. Luckily there is always some one to answer my questions in the newbie channel. A big thank you to chr0nik and Maxine and others for that. That channel is very important. I can look up a lot of things in the help, but just asking and getting the one answer you need at that time is nice, so I can keep focussing on what I do.

They are pro :(

I found a lot of help there on 1 and 2 while I was new, but when I joined a guild I found that they enabled me to do more in terms of bag projects, information about invasions, how to kill a certain thing. Without me asking. So in my opinion, the question channels are great for answering what you know you want to know and know to ask. But guilds are great for finding out what you want to know but don't know to ask.

I know that skunks can kill me too. I was killing one and another player ( I had not noticed he was killing in the area too) told me to go away. I walked away, but noticed something was hitting me. I thought the other player was mad at me and was on some sort of stealth mode to follow and kill me. Now I know it was poison.

I thought only red snakes could poison.

As for someone telling you to go away, they probably just wanted the spawn to finish the haidir quest, which only takes 5ish kills. In general people get very upset over spawns even though technically there is no owner.

Work out the costs benefit analysis for your own style of play. Let me know if you need help with it. :)

I thought only red snakes could poison.

Both can poison, but you are too strong for being hit by a skunk :(

No, seriously. When skunks only lived in C2, most new players got strong enought for skunks before they discover how to reach C2, so this effect were rarely shown up. But since there are a couple of them in WS this is more often to hear.

(eek, i guess my grammar isn't good today xD)

but still nice =)

Not when you first started.... noop :<

shhh =P

@wizzy : i started playing before TK ^^

@makuyi : i did get why you posted, i was just bored =(

Edited by Peach

makuyi well done , its a game that u need a lot of time to level so dont worry, in time propably u are going to find what u will enjoy more and then u will level it.

Nice work and welcome to EL.

PS : Peachy grow up :icon13: