Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sonny33

To difficult to get login

Guest Sonny33

I am a new player to mmorpg's so plz excuse my ignorance :)

I created a new charecter then it will not connect to server. is this a ban?

new char name Sonny33

server ip 10.133.28.9

client ip 10.107.87.105

Any suggestions? I would really like to try this game but it is becoming a prob just to get started

TIA

Sonny

Just getting this post is rediculously uneccessarily difficult

I am a new player to mmorpg's so plz excuse my ignorance B)

I created a new charecter then it will not connect to server. is this a ban?

new char name Sonny33

server ip 10.133.28.9

client ip 10.107.87.105

Any suggestions? I would really like to try this game but it is becoming a prob just to get started

TIA

Sonny

Just getting this post is rediculously uneccessarily difficult

I looked your char up, and it seams that it does not exist. Thats not a ban so. I would suggest to try and create the same char again. I hope i could be of help

server ip 10.133.28.9

client ip 10.107.87.105

these are both _internal_ IP adresses which get you nowhere.

Where do you insert or find this information?

To diagnose potential connection problems, you should first try to PING game.eternal-lands.com

HTH

hmmm...first, let me welcome you to EL. B)

then, let me show you how it should go. you may have done this as you claimed you have created a new character, but according to the EL players page, you do not exist...yet.

so i'll be posting a step-by-step procedure on how you can make a new character successfully :)

1. let's go start the game. of course, you'll see the login screen:

game_open.jpg

2. click on the New Character button. it will take you to the In-Game Rules screen, wherein you will have to wait 15 seconds before you can actually get into the character creation screen. if i were you, i'd read all of the rules. you can also expand the rules if you click on each of the rules title. scroll down for more rules.

login_rules.jpg

3. once the 15 seconds are up, the "I Accept" button shows up at the bottom.

agree_intro.jpg

4. click on the "I Accept" button and it will take you to the character creation screen:

new_char_view.jpg

5. see the icons at the bottom left of the screen? move your mouse over each of them and a description will pop up beside your mouse. to continue, click on the first icon from the left. you can now name your character and set your password. pay attention to the messages that will show on screen:

choose_name_pass.jpg

6. click "Done" when you are satisfied with your new character name and password. please bear in mind that certain names are not allowed to be used ingame. after you click "Done", you will get to choose how your character will look like. click on the race you want to be from the "Design your character" menu window. as you choose your looks, it will update your character. free-to-play characters are human, elf, and dwarf. here's the human character:

choose_human.jpg

here's the elf character:

choose_elf.jpg

here's the dwarf character:

choose_dwarf.jpg

7. once you're done customizing your character, click on the "Done" button once again and you will be taken to the game start. read carefully what you see on the screen so you will have a clear idea of how you could play the game:

game_begin.jpg

once you get to the last screen above, then CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU MADE IT!!!

now, enjoy the game and have fun!! :icon13:

Edited by DibClark

Guest sonny33

Thank you all for these tips and attempts at help, unfortunately none appear to help.

DibClark your list is great as it may help explain the issue,

I completed (atleast 8 times) thru step 7 as explained but when I click done the second time I get a message in the control window that states 'cannot connect to server please try again' After this I am returned to the login screen where I cannot login with the created name (message the player doesn't exist)

So I then have to go thru creating the same char again.

the IP info is from right clicking on the network icon in the taskbar and selecting Properties. I checked and get the server ip when I use ipconfig /all for the usb modem that I connect with, don't know how to get anything else here.

The only reason I thought it might be a ban is that right before I get to the license agreement it states in red lettering something about this IP being banned. I do use a 3g (cricket wifi) that may have something to do with this

Gilrain ping works fine goes thru fine, and is not a connection prob but a 'connect to server' issue

vinoveritas Not sure why the char isn't being saved but as I say each try requires creating the char over

Lastly I MUST appolagize for my agitation in the first post I was agrevated and had no right to suggest your security measures are unnesacary (sp) plz all forgive my ignorance and bad taste lol

Guest Sonny33
right before I get to the license agreement it states in red

my mistake this is right before login screen

Guest Sonny33

sorry for multiple replies (don't know how to edit posts)

the ip must be 'internal' as it changes on each login ??

The only reason I thought it might be a ban is that right before I get to the license agreement it states in red lettering something about this IP being banned. I do use a 3g (cricket wifi) that may have something to do with this

:) we all understand the agitation you are feeling. to not be able to run the game due to an unforeseen issue will surely put anyone in your situation.

however, since you didn't indicate in your first post that you saw a message saying that your IP is banned, then that would have explained a lot in the onset.

so! your IP is banned, but since you are a first time user, it is not your fault. many players earn the IP ban because of their gross disregard for rules. your best bet is to post another entry in this forum topic (not this thread) requesting for a "whitelisting" of your character, to get around the IP ban. you will still get the same ban message, but you will be able to login.

better yet, send a forum PM to Aislinn about this request.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this