Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Starlite

Instance drops

After what happened recently about declaring an Instance drop is there some way a pop-up can appear ((like the messages we get for the quests) with a list of the drops given, Then all members of the team can take a screen shot and discuss how and who is to divide up the spoils (some items may need to be sold and converted to gc etc) Could something like this be applied to instance/invasion Castellan.

Edited by Starlite

Whoever picks up the loot in the end, is who is in control.

Then all members of the team can take a screen shot and discuss how and who is to divide up the spoils (some items may need to be sold and converted to gc etc)
Doesn't mean this person has to agree.

If they're good, they'll tell you the drop, if not... well they don't have to, people are allowed to be evil. >:dry:

There is no real current system. Even the screenshot thing is community.

As for the list, I feel that there is no way that you can enlist people onto a team for a castellan as you could for an instance.

In the end, if you do not trust your teammates then do not go on the instance with them. As for the castellan, same.

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm refering to as a list Raytray, I do not mean a list of the team, I mean for window to pop up listing the drop from the castellan. Doesnt matter if it is killed by 6 people or 1 person. Im suggesting this so when multiple people kill it as team everyone is aware of the drop and the drop is automatically declared and the screenshot can be shown to the rest of the team. Its then up to team on how to divide it. If the person who gives it the final blow and gets the pop -up refuses to show the screenie then its possible they could have something to hide. Then your choice as to wether you would assist this person in future invasion/instance. Its about the accountability.

I think Raytray understood what you meant.

I agree with him. If you don't trust your teammates, don't go.

That is part of the risk and adventure of going on an instance.

It also will foster bonding as a team for that current instance and future ones.

Same for fighting any creature. It's part of the game: the risk, gamble, adventure, trust or lack of it, bonding and teamwork or lack of it. If you want safety nets all the time, you are in the wrong place in the wrong game.

Were not talking about 10-20kgc here but the cost of a nexus stone :dry: Im saying if one dropped it would be good to know about it,,,if someone then wants to be an ass and keep it yes thats part of the game. All im saying is people should know that, then if not shared can do what they want with that info.

*Please be aware I totally trust ATA and every member of M&K

Edited by Starlite

Sounds like you want a system like "party", where all of the party members can see what the drops are. But I dont really think that its possible in our game.

As for instances and invasions, if you dont really trust the guys, then dont go, simple as 2+2=4 :dry:

-Kaddy

The problem solver is to not team with people you are not CERTAIN you can trust. It will solve in-game scamming and RL $$ scamming, or scamming on levels. If you do not trust someone completely, do not team with them. If you choose to trust some one and get bitten in the arse, blame youself for your ignorance and stupidity.

Edited by Smee

Sounds like you want a system like "party", where all of the party members can see what the drops are. But I dont really think that its possible in our game.

Why wouldn't it be possible?

Almost anything is possible, just takes server and client side coding.

I think Raytray understood what you meant.

I agree with him. If you don't trust your teammates, don't go.

That is part of the risk and adventure of going on an instance.

It also will foster bonding as a team for that current instance and future ones.

Same for fighting any creature. It's part of the game: the risk, gamble, adventure, trust or lack of it, bonding and teamwork or lack of it. If you want safety nets all the time, you are in the wrong place in the wrong game.

Maybe just for once a page should be taken from MMORPG's that are like 50 billion times more popular than EL and a system of enforced fair division of instance drops should be seriously considered.

/me awaits "then go play those other games" responses from people who's mindset holds back the expansion of EL's playerbase.

EDIT:

The problem solver is to not team with people you are not CERTAIN you can trust.

If you're "CERTAIN" you can trust people you've met in a MMORPG, you're gonna get bitten often.

Edited by Korrode

or Korrode, maybe EL needs fewer guilds, with more players in each guild, where each member can trust the other, and not be dependant on other guilds and their members. In the process you have fewer, if any alliances. Other benefits of fewer but larger guilds would include:

More PK amongst the fewer but larger guilds, and bigger battles, including newer players getting to enjoy PK in their respective guilds (with no alliances)

Guilds fighting for drops (no message needed, the guild that gets it keeps it)

more active GM chat and activity

This is something that is being worked on by a few players in-game with a lot of effort and hopefully will happen. Threads like this only enforce the idea.

or Korrode, maybe EL needs fewer guilds, with more players in each guild, where each member can trust the other, and not be dependant on other guilds and their members. In the process you have fewer, if any alliances. Other benefits of fewer but larger guilds would include:

More PK amongst the fewer but larger guilds, and bigger battles, including newer players getting to enjoy PK in their respective guilds (with no alliances)

Guilds fighting for drops (no message needed, the guild that gets it keeps it)

more active GM chat and activity

or Halo, maybe EL needs more players, then everything you mention and more would be achieved.

More people in each guild.

Bigger PK battles.

More opportunity for people to do instances and build friendships.

etc.

etc.

But unless the game shifts it's heading a bit, that just ain't gonna happen. 5 years of a stagnant playerbase size is proof of that alone.

So maybe before anyone opposes idea's like this one that have proven to be hugely popular elsewhere, they should take a long hard look at the bigger picture and think about how changes will affect things in a year, rather than the effect next week.

Korrode I agree that a larger player base is needed, but at the moment there is too much division amongst players that do play. There is a movement to fix that. Hopefully we will provide fewer but larger guilds for players to choose from, creating a more solid community.

I think that alot of why the game has been going the way it has, is a divided a community. Unite it, in the form of fewer but larger guilds, like it was years ago and that will solve ALOT of the problems.

On that note...

Xanthus, yes it could at many levels. With many small guilds, individuals are more inclined to care about themselves, and less about a group. More guilds with fewer players generates more greed.

Edited by Smee

Korrode I agree that a larger player base is needed, but at the moment there is too much division amongst players that do play. There is a movement to fix that. Hopefully we will provide fewer but larger guilds for players to choose from, creating a more solid community.

Best of luck with the movement, if i see a way I can help it, I will.

its right, its part of the game, but its not a good solution. Starlite is asking for an improvement here! And i fully agrre with her and what Korrode says.

If only you can say is: pls leave the game as it is exactly now (or 5 years ago), then all discussions about improvement are void anyway and we all leave for other games where standstill is not the mantra.

regards,

The drops from instance bosses and castellans and MBs could be told by the monster in local chat when it dies. That means you don't have to worry about the code knowing who is in a team or not.

Everyone is susceptible to the temptation of hiding part of a drop when they think they'll get away with it, it's human nature, but 99% of people won't when they can't hide the fact that they're doing wrong.

Everyone is susceptible to the temptation of hiding part of a drop when they think they'll get away with it, it's human nature, but 99% of people won't when they can't hide the fact that they're doing wrong.

Kind of the idea of the old quote: "Locks keep honest people honest".

As I mentioned to Radu a few weeks ago and in another post, I fully support the idea of a public message from the monster as it dies stating what it dropped. Would only need to be for a few of the larger monsters. It puts all team members on equal footing that way, whether you trust everyone or do not.

I'm not sure why we would want to discourage participation in killing some of the larger monsters in invasions if there is one person killing it that you don't trust and has a reasonable opportunity to get the bag at the end. The public message is clean, simple and puts all participants on a more equal footing. Then, if the person who gets the bag doesn't share it, at least you know and know to avoid helping him/her in the future.

Edited by Ozmondius

its right, its part of the game, but its not a good solution. Starlite is asking for an improvement here! And i fully agrre with her and what Korrode says.

Not everyone might think it's an improvement or a good solution. There should be some risk in a game, of a variety of types. Choosing the right "teammates" is one of them in my opinion.

If only you can say is: pls leave the game as it is exactly now (or 5 years ago), then all discussions about improvement are void anyway and we all leave for other games where standstill is not the mantra.
That's not what I said at all.

Not everyone might think it's an improvement or a good solution.

The outcome of this suggestion will have no negative impact on honourable players and reveal those who are being dishonourable instead of letting them secretly get away with ripping off teammates... how can you possibly consider it to be anything other than an improvement?!

I'm fine with a player being able to be 'the bad guy' if they choose to be, in fact i'm for it, but allowing them to be such and, so long as they keep their mouth shut, have a 100% guarantee that no one will ever find out about it, thus having no chance of copping consequences for their deeds, is just lame.

The outcome of this suggestion will have no negative impact on honourable players and reveal those who are being dishonourable instead of letting them secretly get away with ripping off teammates... how can you possibly consider it to be anything other than an improvement?!

I don't think you want to go there with me. There are plenty of things I can point fingers your way at that one could ask the same question and argue the same points. You can't and won't bully me into believing that your opinions are always the right ones.

I don't think you want to go there with me. There are plenty of things I can point fingers your way at that one could ask the same question and argue the same points.

Please feel free to point away.

None of my bad deeds are secret, they're all right out there... that's part of the point.

I can't think of a time that I've ever done anything along the lines of 'secretly ripping off teammates'. I may be a lot of things, but i'm no scammer.

You can't and won't bully me into believing that your opinions are always the right ones.

You mistake heated debate with bullying.

You stated your opinion, I rebutted it and questioned for further details on how you reached your current viewpoint, if you're unwilling to continue discussing the issue you haven't been bullied, you just have no refutation.

Lets try keep it at DH3 and higher eh?

I don't think you want to go there with me. There are plenty of things I can point fingers your way at that one could ask the same question and argue the same points.

Please feel free to point away.

None of my bad deeds are secret, they're all right out there... that's part of the point.

I can't think of a time that I've ever done anything along the lines of 'secretly ripping off teammates'. I may be a lot of things, but i'm no scammer.

You enable others to circumvent and hide which has immense impact on the honorable players you now claim to protect.

You mistake heated debate with bullying.

You stated your opinion, I rebutted it and questioned for further details on how you reached your current viewpoint, if you're unwilling to continue discussing the issue you haven't been bullied, you just have no refutation.

I do and it has been stated. No need to keep stating it.

I'm fine with a player being able to be 'the bad guy' if they choose to be, in fact i'm for it, but allowing them to be such and, so long as they keep their mouth shut, have a 100% guarantee that no one will ever find out about it, thus having no chance of copping consequences for their deeds, is just lame.
Why is it lame ? .. Somehow i don't get how you mean it. So you say, you're fine with someone being "evil", but does it really mean that "evil" is only about bagjumping/serping/scamming ?

I think that this behavior (saying nothing about the drops in instances/etc) is fully in the scope of playing "evil" ...