Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnTheWarder

Summoning Arena suggestion

Personally, I find that summoning arenas as they are pretty much useless. Well it is nice that there is a designated area you can spam away summons and have no problems, there really is no incentive to go to one.

I am not sure if its a programming challenge or just the way the game is, but getting the mana bonus when the current summoning system has "required" mana levels really doesn't help you out that much.For the amount you save in mana potions and the time it takes to walk to the arena it simply isn't worth it.

For example, why would I go to the arena for rabbits/rats/beavers when I can just go to IP rat cave?

Why would I go to the arena for snakes/foxes/boars when I can go to VotD/DP/other good location?

I am only a noobie summoner so maybe I am terribly wrong here, but for summoning any creatures for levels 0-30 there is no need for the arena. After that there is a primary focus on stones.

So why not axe the mana bonus and give another bonus like double exp?

Keep looking, there are some summon areas that are not so far from store, and the mana bonus when used with cape in a school is a huge cost savings trying to level up.

Keep looking, there are some summon areas that are not so far from store, and the mana bonus when used with cape in a school is a huge cost savings trying to level up.

But at what point does it save you money? Like what creatures do you have to summon for it be worth it?

Take for sake of example red snakes, I only did a small amount 40. Wandering around VotD I got:

~55gc from rabbits

~50 meat (rabbits, deer, beaver, wolves)

~10-15 rabbit kills

~1-5 beaver kills

~1-5 wolf kills

~5-10 deer kills

All those drops are worth more than say the 3 SRs I would have saved.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

I use arenas pretty much, i spam a lot quantity of boars, there is a huge advantage on time spending and the consume is the 1/4 of mana required for the current mob...

As other skills i guess Summoning is a gold sink until you can make stones, so i doubt they will give you double exp...

Now on day with all those quest should not be too dificult to achieve a level for making stones...

There is an arena just a few steps from the storage (*cWouVght*)...

I am only a noobie summoner so maybe I am terribly wrong here, but for summoning any creatures for levels 0-30 there is no need for the arena. After that there is a primary focus on stones.

not terribly. There is safe, slow levelling (stones). And there is fast, expensive levelling (arenas).

I found myself that 0-30 summoning is much more difficult than 30-60.

But at what point does it save you money? Like what creatures do you have to summon for it be worth it?

I will give a hint, bears.

Edited by boognish

Arenas are a school for summoning. Schools are for those that want to learn faster at a cost. You could teach yourself for less cost, perhaps, but as Wizzy said, the cape plus half mana cost does significantly reduce the amount of potions you need to drink.

Saying that 40 red snakes cost you only 3 SR? That sounds unlikely even with a cape. 12 SR sounds more like it.

Summoning arenas are good for giving folk something to fight while not costing you much mana. To receive the xp, they may be willing to hand over some of the summoning ingredients and therefore save you alot for helping them.

The only adjustment that I think should be made to summoning arenas is to let you use the advanced summoner context menu (you can tell your summons to act a certain way by selecting from the menu once you reach summoning 30). This way, you could have them wait to fight or not fight at all and let your friends train on them.

Personally, I find that summoning arenas as they are pretty much useless. Well it is nice that there is a designated area you can spam away summons and have no problems, there really is no incentive to go to one.

I am not sure if its a programming challenge or just the way the game is, but getting the mana bonus when the current summoning system has "required" mana levels really doesn't help you out that much.For the amount you save in mana potions and the time it takes to walk to the arena it simply isn't worth it.

For example, why would I go to the arena for rabbits/rats/beavers when I can just go to IP rat cave?

Why would I go to the arena for snakes/foxes/boars when I can go to VotD/DP/other good location?

So why not axe the mana bonus and give another bonus like double exp?

As a summoner...

I strongly disagree with all you stated. As a summoner i need to be thankfull for all the mana the arena saved me. Till level 30/40s i would have expent much more considering SRs needed to summon if it wasnt for arena help.

Using the arena doesnt prevent you for doing summon the way you do now, but once you have enought ing to use the arena it will save you a lot of bucks.

I realy belive that you can have the opinion that this is not worthy and you can suggest whatever you want, and use or not use it, altough, MY OPINION is that its worthy the way it is now, and im pretty sure new summoners (below 35) will still use it as much as the can. Same way i did and most summoners i know did aswell