Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

What Graphics updates do you want to see?

I would also like to see more of a difference between the ninja tunic and the black tunic, also any other items that look the same as another one.

Animated non-living things like windmills and doors that could have a setting to define what position they are in.

Bruises or weapon/armor blemishes that could get worse via an alpha mask that will allow black spots to get more and more visible with damage.

The ability to actually equip a blacksmith hammer (yes, I want to hold my blacksmith hammer while I work for the sake of appearances).

The option to do a height reduction of 1-3 sizes upon character creation so that characters can be a little different upon start-up. Few people ask for size changes and this variance in size would help to bring a little variety.

A little variance in creature size so that it will not be all the same size. It could use the same scaling method used for character size changes.

What ever happened to those blinking and smiling faces that someone was working on?

I would like to see it snow too and I thought this was actually produced once too. I figure it could just be a different animation than the rain.

Some options for the head (when you select "head" from the character creation window) which actually have some signs of wrinkles and such, since some people with some age in them may want to show it.

Animated fire for the fire imps and dragons for when they do critical strikes. This would probably be best as something like the spell effects.

Leonard should grow a little as he levels up.

Edited by nathanstenzel

"What ever happened to those blinking and smiling faces that someone was working on?"--that won't work because the meshes have modeled lips now so the texture would go outside of that. Plus I wouldn't want to make hundreds of frames for each skin color then possibly change it, so it's not going to happen. Only way is if eventually we get bones in the face to truly animate it.

I'm not sure if this counts as a graphics change or not, but I'd love a bigger storage window. I've suggested this before, but that thread got 0 replies. I just want the storage window to be big enough to not have to scroll to see all the categories. The inventory window has 2 size options, so it shouldn't be too hard to do the same with the storage window.

Pictures for items that don't currently have their own, such as matter conglomerates.

Yeah images for matter conglomerates and vial mold would be nice.

Oh and the thing I noticed, are the hatches inside NC sto intentional or aren't they hatches at all, but holes through walls?

I second that.  The MC's and vial molds should have their own graphic.  However, tisn't critical.

Pictures for items that don't currently have their own, such as matter conglomerates. Some of the npcs could use a better portrait. This one is a stretch, but I would love objects such as trees and walls to become transparent when they pass in between the camera and player, like in Dungeon Siege.

I know they aren't supposed to look amazing, but squeezing new life and detail in to the default character clothing would be nice.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Considering my experience with some other mmorpgs I would suggest making toons more sexy and adding some more hawt fashion. Right now they're not too appealing.

(plus we don't want our download size to get too huge..we can't afford it).

Make a download option to download it through bittorrent. Most players can thus help seed it and

you will have alot less download costs.

Publish it on PirateBay

I was just reminded of something that has always been a bit annoying. Mixer bag belly. Could we have an animation to pick up the bag and put it on our laps? Or just skip the animation for now and have it relocate to on top of our laps? It would be nice to be rid of the bag that just shows up in the middle of your body when you mix. It looks really funny at times.

Hi :)

I don't know if it are my settings, but I do have some graphic issues with the trees.

From low-view (character-view) all looks great, but when I zoom out and I rotate the camera when I see a tree, the branches look flat and not like branches (with all connections to other branches and angles between branches etc.)

Also, if you stand on the outside of a house and you look close at the walls of the houses, they seem completely flat. From a distance they look gorgious, but close-up ... then not. Some depth-texture would improve the situation dramatically. Even only a little bit less flat.

Something else I allways wanted in EL is this:

Distance-view. Now you walk and suddenly animals/characters "appear". I would love to see distance view devided in 2 or 3 parts.

If in 3 parts and I would create it (if I could) it would be:

1. far far distance. Mountains and trees are still visible (except at night) but they are shaded in the background.

2. far distance (area between 1 and 3 :P) You see movement, characters, animals, but shady. You don't see any names. 1 person/animal is better in camouflage than another, so one would be visible from further away than others.

3. close distance. You see everything as you see it now. When in visible range *poof* details are visible, names are visible etc.

When you move from point A to point B in any map the far distance (2) slowly becomes close distance (3) so you go from seeing shadows moving / dissapearing (repeat myself: "for some creatures/characters further away than others because of better camouflage") up to the point that you see the details and names. Some kind of "blender-effect" for the variation between 2 and 3 would absolutley rock!

I totally understand if this suggestion is tough to implement and that it is more a coding-thing than graphic-thing but it is also in the graphic department :)

my 0,50 ;)

Jerome_NL

We really don't want to be directing users to Pirate bay to download the client ;p

Using torrents is perfectly legal, many Linux distros are shared that way. It's the content that may be infringing copyright, but that would have not been the case since EL is free to download anyway...

We really don't want to be directing users to Pirate bay to download the client ;p

Using torrents is perfectly legal, many Linux distros are shared that way. It's the content that may be infringing copyright, but that would have not been the case since EL is free to download anyway...

I think the issue was using pirate bay itself.

Source Forge has a torrent tracker iirc. Or was it another thing? -- Either way, getting off topic.

Perhaps change matter conglomerate and vial mold away from vegetable icons.

New alembic icon.

Is it possible to make mules and horses solid so that people can't sit in/under them?

Royal Red/Purple capes look "interesting" with universal hood.

Phoenix shapeshift would look awesome with added eye candy... you know what kind :)

Cheers!

Is it possible to make mules and horses solid so that people can't sit in/under them?

Royal Red/Purple capes look "interesting" with universal hood.

No it's not possible. And that's just the nature of the hood. Not all capes were meant to be worn with the hood.

I would like some new icons for the spells, like a red cross for healing spells.

For me do most of the round dots look same color, I need to hold the cursor over them and read the text - slow.

(color blind, guess not the only)

Boognish's suggestion made me think of something else that's been bugging me for a long time. Whenever a player sits, there's a huge bulge in their pants (I don't mean the good kind). It looks like players are wearing extra think adult diapers. Even the women have this big bulge sticking out from their crotch while sitting. It's disturbing.