Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

What Graphics updates do you want to see?

I'd like to get a survey of what kinds of graphical updates you guys would like to see and graphic related things that you think would help improve the game further.

Stuff such as(but not limited to):

-New monsters

-New armor/weapons

-New clothes

-other graphic fix-ups

etc....

...post here, let me know! This will give me a good idea of what to work on for the next updates :lurker:

Note this is for Art related graphic stuff ONLY.

That's a programming thing, and someone is working on it actually. So perhaps in a year or so if we're lucky we'll have that :lurker:

I would love to see it snowing in places like Trassian and Glacmor if possible. Considering that they are cold maps with snow on the ground it would seem more fitting than rain.

Get new models for Mare Bulganiu, Bulganiu, Castellan, Nasp, Japita, ... all those nasty instance/invasion critters. Or make the names somewhat more understandable - Elder Giant for the dilimacs and etc. imo: new names - new model.

Medallion of mana, perhaps use the old moon med icon for this?

A way to differentiate between degraded, and special armors/weapons. (Rdholam having glowy icon or something and degraded having it shaded red like on schmurk's corner)

I would love to see some new monsters and also some new clothes, some medieval dresses would be really cool, even if we have to have seperate top/skirt to make the whole :o

Edit: oh and my witches hat :lurker:

Edited by WolfWitch

Add my vote for new skins for the instance/invasion monsters and more clothing and hats. Maybe make multiple looks for existing animals? Like how there are already 2 or 3 different styles of large spiders. Purely cosmetic, but still would look more diverse and cool.

I would like to see better or more choices for character appearance \o/ Hair styles and skin colors :icon13:

New/improved animations to character models to make the game more entertaining.

This could include adding new animations to make the gameplay more smooth and seamless, so to get away from the stiff movements we have now. Although, that may be more programming involved, a suggestion nonetheless. :icon13:

EDIT: Agreed with Usl, the new textures are fantastic!

Edited by ~Krius~

My prioritized wishlist:

1. unique models for new monsters; some could be just variations (e.g., Legionnaire Orcs), but others would deserve their own unique distinctive appearance (e.g., Bulangiu or Casty)
  2. more variants of furniture: have 2-3 variants of barrels, crates, tables, paintings, etc. - in short, make the landscape more varied, most inside currently look like IKEA has just opened a store nearby :icon13:
  3. add unique parameters to characters' physiology, i.e. add some subtle random parameters to playing characters and NPCs design. For example: a random scale factor along all axes (range -2% to +2% of standard), a random height factor (range -3% - +3%) additional to the previous one; a random breadth scale factor for head (producing more round or more oval heads); a random factor (range ~2 degrees more or less) for the "breathing" animation, etc. The goal is to make each character unique in appearance; currently, when two similarly dressed characters stand side by side, they look like perfect twins - which kind of spoil the illusion of being in a "real" world.
    When I say 'random' above, I mean random but constant per-player; e.g. the same player should always have the same factors. This can be determined on the server side by using some unique Character ID as a seed for a random generator, or on the client by taking other features (e.g., colours, gender, race, name) and hash those into a seed for a random generator. If need be, I can talk Fedora into it :)
  4. monuments and landmarks; the folks of Draia seem to be rather unassuming, and even if we have statues they are usually small, rarely life-size; we have a number of landmarks, but now that we can actually look with a very low angle (thanks to the advanced camera), something to admire from below would be nice. Of course, a 10-meters high statue of myself would be the optimum, but I will settle for a smaller one :D

This also seems the right time to thank you again for the nice work with the 1.9 release; those trees still amaze me every time I travel through a forest! :)

of course, armor, clothes, and monsters/creatures are fun

I also like the idea of monuments, there have been wars and battles in some of the el histories and societies tend to create things related to those major events.

Also it may be to big of an idea but i would love to see seasonal changes in the maps dunno if that's possible but like spring, summer, fall and winter variants on some maps, depending on their locations on Draia they my not change at all but some maps would.

I'd change the basic character's shape/color.

The thing is that actually when someone enter to the game there is a huge contrast between the basic players (with no clothes/armor on, and no p2p races) and the enviroment's quality.

From my sight the clean characters looks very primitive: 1 color clothes, fit to the body's shape. Changing this would (maybe) increase the % of new players wich don't leave the game.

Besides, with the new Color Change Stone, the people that are actually playing can choice from the new looks. (and increase a bit the income from the Shop :icon13: )

Dipi.

EDIT 1: Please re-consider this suggestion since when you answered my grammar wasn't correct http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52806

Edited by dipi

Ok in response to somethings:

-Unique monsters for all those really weird-named-ones, yes that will happen.

-Degraded weapons/armor..not sure if it's possible but a good idea. I will find out :)

-multiple looks for existing animals, not likely to happen as there's too many new(animals/monsters) to make and isn't really worth it(plus we don't want our download size to get too huge..we can't afford it).

-Animations, we're working on being able to choose from more stands/sit poses, but it requires programming and LOTS of work, so I can't say for sure on it.

-Usl-we already have 2crates/barrels, 5 tables, 4 chairs, 6 paintings(well tapestries), be more observant ;p Hehe, I do understand what you're saying though. It's more a map thing that needs to be changed up.

-Special monuments/statues, yes that's possible.

-Season changes....no :icon13:

-And as for the character looks, yes I'd like to update them too, but unfortunetly it will take a ton of work, and programming work too. There are also technical problems that limit certain things(such as you can't have a hairstyle that sticks up because when you put a hat on it'll show through), so I don't know if it'll happen.

All good thoughts guys, post more if you have anything else to say :D

First off, a big hoorah to everyone involved in the work on 1.9...the graphics are incredible...seems a little thing, but, as Usl mentioned, the trees are awesome, as are some of the other "little" details... :)

It won't surprise my Guildies at all, but, I'd *love* to see more clothing choices and color choices...not just for the tailoring skill, but, at the lower-to-mid range of the manufacturing skill, as well. Rather than a single "fur-torso," for example, have a fox, a wolf, a rabbit, etc. In the tailoring skill, some additional colors and/or styles would be nice...particularly for pants, hats and boots. :icon13:

Gil_Manel

great suggestions so far and yes the new 1.9 graphics are awesome.

I just add a minor thing:

Please get replace the icons for matter conglomerates and vial molds (cabbage and carrot still looks odd to me :icon13: )

Pictures for items that don't currently have their own, such as matter conglomerates.

Some of the npcs could use a better portrait.

This one is a stretch, but I would love objects such as trees and walls to become transparent when they pass in between the camera and player, like in Dungeon Siege.

Hi Roja,

Im glad ure asking us what we think about future graphic implementations. It makes me realy happy

I know you might hear lots of complaints and criticism from the MMO comunity, but i think you have used your time and resources pretty well and you gave life to EL. And for that i thank you.

Graphic sugestions:

Monsters:

I think that that some monsters could have some work on it, specially the chimerans. IMHO the fur textures can be improved to looks nicer (mainly the MC)

Another mob that could be improved is the Yeti... it doesnt looks as scary as it should imo.

I think someone had mentioned it already, but, instance bosses and other mobs (as Lorc, bulangiu, catellan etc.) could have their own looks, it would give em more personality :icon13:

Camera X Objects:

Im not sure how to put this, neither if graphic updates fits with that, ill give a try here.

When im walking in maps with trees, frequently i click on a tree "by accident" and the char usually change ther directions and start moving backwards once it understood i wanna walk back to that tree i accidentaly clicked.

This is very annoying on PK when someone is running from you, or when ure in a spawn surrounded by trees. The char usually dont go where i want to go.

Is that possible to disable tree clicking, or to create a "shadow" view from behind the camera where objects between the char and the camera will not be shown? (idk if ure familiar with follout, but in that game u always see the character even when ure behind a wall, thats something alike what i meant here)

Zoom:

I would love to be able to zoom further (bad english i guess) theres lots of scenario im not able to see, like castle roofs, because my camera cant be further from me. I have seen some unoficial clients that allowed to see things from further.

Thats my .50, thanks again for your nice work.

Best regards.

Edited by Tico

Tico that shouldn't happen anymore with the trees. There's a setting somewhere, i forget which one..ask around.

Graphics updates:

What I would like to see is a real windmill. We have something that looks like it.. but oh .. could be better.

If you have have seen a windmill in Germany or the Netherlands (and I'm not talking about wind power plants) then you come to the conclusion that we need one \o/ . They are just great to look at. It's a monument and at the same time a building. They were build in the middle ages, so no wonder they can not be seen in the USA.

I would like to see a windmill that is actually moving. Depending on how strong the wind blows a littler slower or a little faster +/- 30%. There are windmills that show only in one direction and some that can be turned into the wind. Most have 4 wings but there are also some with 5 or up to 8 wings.

If you say yes, then i will help you making some drawings, google' pictures, maybe i start learning blender for that.

What you say roja ?

Yes Solarstar I know what a "real" windmill looks like, I can use google too ;p Just didn't have time to do more with this one for the past update, but maybe that's something that can be updated. Although it can't move. Thanks for suggesting it!