Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Community Armory

We had some mod chat last night, and Asgnny came up with an interesting idea.

We didn't elaborate on it, but in big lines it would work like this:

Players that have surplus newbie items (leather armors, iron swords, maybe some steel chains, etc.) donate some items (donate as in give away) to a newbie fund.

When a newbie loses their items, someone in charge with this fund will give the newbie some items to replace the loss.

Creating alts to get free items this way will be a total dickhead move, and it will lead to your main char and other alts being banned for at least 1 month. Brothers, sisters, parents, sons and ficuses of already existing chars will not be allowed to claim items from this fund.

Someone (a very reliable player, or a team of very reliable players) would be in charge of distributing those items.

Well, that's the very basic idea. Let me know if you have suggestions and if/what you are willing to contribute to this fund.

I would definetly help with this idea, I don't use them anyways so I can donate to those who needs. :)

-Kaddy

Count me in. As a mid-n44b Character I still recieve a lot of smaller drops which I would gladly share.

Respectfully,

Tokie

I think thats a great idea, I'm still kinda noob myself but have some wooden shields and some leather armors I could donate...they are just sitting in my sto anyway, occasionally I give some to a noob when I see them with no armor anyway. This would be a good thing! :)

while it is a nice idea, i think it may hinder their desire to learn to make stuff of their own and it may also elevate the begging prob. 'they gave me stuff why dont you?'

very nice idea, just have 1 question, how noobs will know who to ask about new items after they loose?

If this project becomes a reality, we can spam it on channel 1 every hour or so.

very nice idea, just have 1 question, how noobs will know who to ask about new items after they loose?

If this project becomes a reality, we can spam it on channel 1 every hour or so.

what about adding it to yellow color hints?

ps.: i am in ofc with my donations

I don't wind up with excess amounts of 'lower-level' gear nowadays, but whatever excess I do have, I'll happily donate.

Also, could add drops of the kind of gear in question to a wider variety of monsters/creatures, thus more people would end up with an excess.

Great idea, count me in :bow_arrow:

It was time about to change something ;)

Only a 'fast not to the end intended ' idea: why not a NPC to give stuff out? a combination of an trade and 'control' bot to sort out the alts?

Lartherel

maybe with a limit on how much they can draw from it so they do try to do things themselves? And would this eliminate those who help them out anyway?

Only a 'fast not to the end intended ' idea: why not a NPC to give stuff out? a combination of an trade and 'control' bot to sort out the alts?

Lartherel

Because NPCs don't have brains, it's easy to abuse them. Some idiot will end up creating 100 alts and get all the funds from the NPC. Tricking a player this way is harder.

MWAR has hundreds of newbie armor (over 1k of some items) we can donate as long as this doesn't get abused. It needs to be moderated and someone has to keep track of who takes stuff, perhaps a moderator.

PM from a friend

but the thing that really burns me are the noobs that get help...take the stuff to thier storage and come back saying they lost it all

you never REALLY know what happens to it do you?

Bad idea IMO.

o technically too difficult, the player(s) who give out/collect the newbie items, will be not available, when they are needed (Murphy's law)

o as Radu stated, it can be abused by alts, ficuses, flying spaghetti monsters

o it gives new players the idea, that free st00f plx is always available, and will still be, when they level up.

Why not do this:

New players don't go to underworld until they reach a given level.

New players don't drop stuff when they die, until they reach a given level.

And since newbie stuff can break:

The Tutorial NPC collects newbie stuff donations from players: leather pants/torso/boots/helm, iron swords, wooden shields, enhanced wooden shields and fur cloaks and hats, thats it.

Every player, who has not reached that given level yet, can get 5 items during 4 in game days for free (one real life day). Depending on, which items are available from donations, of course.

Conclusion:

Newbies dont drop stuff when they die, until they reach a given level.

The Tutorial NPC collects donations of newbie stuff and gives out up to 5 items per 4 in game days to newbies.

PM from a friend

but the thing that really burns me are the noobs that get help...take the stuff to thier storage and come back saying they lost it all

As i was saying on channel 6, we can randomly sample newbie claims and verify that they died, they are not alts, etc. People caught abusing the system will be banned.

Moderators have enough on their plates, but please do give it to someone with common sense, not some suckass "community niceguy" (guy doesn't refer to male btw)

oh and i'll donate stuff too i guess

Edited by bigkav

PM from a friend

As i was saying on channel 6, we can randomly sample newbie claims and verify that they died, they are not alts, etc. People caught abusing the system will be banned.

must have missed that. my apologizes :bow_arrow:

I would be glad to assist by donating a portion of the items I manufacture ingame.  Especially the leather armor.