Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devnul

Gather medallion works with ranging/magic.

Why not making gather medallion to work with ranged/magic attacks? Every time I go on invasion with bow I know it is only experience, no chance for any drops. :pickaxe:

What do you think about this idea?

PS. Before posting “NO! Rangers will get all the loot! :icon13: ” please keep in mind, that bag lands in hands of a person that makes the biggest damage.

Why not making gather medallion to work with ranged/magic attacks? Every time I go on invasion with bow I know it is only experience, no chance for any drops. :pickaxe:

What do you think about this idea?

PS. Before posting “NO! Rangers will get all the loot! :icon13: ” please keep in mind, that bag lands in hands of a person that makes the biggest damage.

Sad to say Radu has already stated that this will not be easy to implement.

But oh boy if it was..... Bethel would be a massacre - and all the drops would go to one or two of the rangers. A low level ranger would stand no chance :(

If you trust those rangers that's great - if not you are in the same position.

In Bethel - Most of the fighters these days are considerate and share with rangers - and if you have the balls - you can often get a drop bag or two.

As for ranging on the fly in an invaded map - any sharing of drops is virtually impossible due to the number of mobs

I wish there would be a medallion or something created to help the rangers obtain the bags, and I am sure this isn't new news, but I feel it needs to be repeated. I am not asking for rangers to make profits for ranging (although in a perfect EL world that would be great) but to at least re-coop some of their costs.

I haven't been ranging for a long while and i understand and can accept not getting all the bags that you are ranging in an invasion, but I wish something could be done to help with the rangers getting some bags. It's not fun ranging when you have people who don't even range or fight with a sword who come in wait for the monsters to drop and grab the bags. They don't even share the bags and then whine and complain if they die while trying to get the ranged bags and they lose their stuff. If everyone would just share it wouldn't be a problem but there are too many untrustworthy people in this game. However, a lot of the ranger and sword fighters respect and help each other, but there are a few that just ruin each time for the rangers.

I understand it happens for the sword fighters too but they have the option to wear a medallion to prevent that. I also understand the programming would be a lot of work if even possible, but if anything could be done would be appreciated by the rangers. Note to add: I can say the people who were ranging yesterday almost stopped ranging during the invasion because of it, and most likely will stop ranging in the future when they see certain individuals arrive on the map.

Fabrianne :devlish:

I am a ranger and i am planning on gaining some more lvls in the skill sooner or later how ever i don't think this would be a good idea.

Don't take me wrong if a gatherer was made for rangers i would be one of the first in line to get one but i think that implementing this would cause to much trouble

You have been fighting a hard monster and got it down to about 10-20 health and a ranger thats been sitting there waiting or just walked by grabs an arrow and kills the monster you are fighting and gets the drops and off he goes, one arrow one kill and what ever loot the monster dropped..

Or a team of fighters are killing some uber monster in an invasion and when it's almost dead a ranger comes in kills it with an arrow and gets the loot and walks away leaving a team of fighters thats been kicking it for a while spending HEs SRs and what not to kill it empty handed.

Or just a poor newbie thats out trying to get some bones and meat and up comes someone thats training ranging and starts shoting the things the newbie is chasing to kill.

I can see alot of pissed off people if the gatherer for ranger got implemented as it is now if you are in an invasion fighting the creatures you can wear the gatherer medallion and get all the drops yourself if not you will risk that somone pops in and grabs the bags while you are fighting but you got that choise you can make.

When it comes to ranging you are at a distant while you are shoting so for you to get the loot in your inventory after the kill would need some high lvl magic gods intervention and shitloads of GC to pay the mad man for biting your foot

You have been fighting a hard monster and got it down to about 10-20 health and a ranger thats been sitting there waiting or just walked by grabs an arrow and kills the monster you are fighting and gets the drops and off he goes, one arrow one kill and what ever loot the monster dropped..

Or a team of fighters are killing some uber monster in an invasion and when it's almost dead a ranger comes in kills it with an arrow and gets the loot and walks away leaving a team of fighters thats been kicking it for a while spending HEs SRs and what not to kill it empty handed.

Or just a poor newbie thats out trying to get some bones and meat and up comes someone thats training ranging and starts shoting the things the newbie is chasing to kill.

I can see alot of pissed off people if the gatherer for ranger got implemented as it is now if you are in an invasion fighting the creatures you can wear the gatherer medallion and get all the drops yourself if not you will risk that somone pops in and grabs the bags while you are fighting but you got that choise you can make.

When it comes to ranging you are at a distant while you are shoting so for you to get the loot in your inventory after the kill would need some high lvl magic gods intervention and shitloads of GC to pay the mad man for biting your foot

I don't think you understand how the drop system works when your fighting in a group in EL. Generally the person that does the most damage to the creature is the one that ends up walking onto or in this case gathering the bag......not someone who walks up and shoots/knocks the last health off. At least this has been my experience in Instances I could be wrong.

I don't think you understand how the drop system works when your fighting in a group in EL. Generally the person that does the most damage to the creature is the one that ends up walking onto or in this case gathering the bag......not someone who walks up and shoots/knocks the last health off. At least this has been my experience in Instances I could be wrong.

Because of this is why i dont like the idea. In invasions several rangers attack the critters... that means only rangers with full AP will get the loot because of the most damage done.

Because of this is why i dont like the idea. In invasions several rangers attack the critters... that means only rangers with full AP will get the loot because of the most damage done.

The same thing is for fighters, the highest lvl (with good weapon) gets the drop because he/she makes the biggest damage, so I do not understand what is your point?

I would like to ask game designers to reply on this matter? Is it possible to have such a medallion for rangers? Thank you very much for any information.

I order to be fair, a gather med for ranging would require the archer to walk out to the bag and then grab it. Otherwise it will be abused by rangers from safe locations.

I order to be fair, a gather med for ranging would require the archer to walk out to the bag and then grab it. Otherwise it will be abused by rangers from safe locations.

How about for every bag that the medallion gives you, it posts (so only the grabber can see it, and so sharing can be done) what it gave you (suppose it could be disableable), as well as causes a 25-50 damage explosion, which also damages everyone around you for about 50% of what it hit the grabber.

That.. or the drops are reduced so that only items with an emu of 1 or less can be gathered. Leaving the high value items in the bag.

If you kill someone using arrows, does it list you on the list of people that killed them or does it say "unkown person" or something like that?

As for abuse by rangers.....that could be at least limited by making the ranger lose one of the equipped arrows. That would make it really expensive in some cases and so it would only be worth while on a few critters like dragons. Of course then, that might mess up the scale market. hmmm.....perhaps a 10% chance of getting the bag if they have gatherer medallion on. Of course, this is only valid if your name is actually attached to your damage via arrow. And of course, there may be other issues with this.

Now, a really funny idea would be an arrow of teleportation. :) Shoot an ally or a foe or a monster and have it teleport to you (must hit) if the arrow is in the lower half of the equip slots or you to them (no chance of failure) if it is in the upper half of the equip slots. Now that would be an interesting way to save your buddy's butt.

If the ranger/mage does more damage to the mob/player than the fighter , ranger should get the bag. Its not abuse if he is safe "zone" , the skill is that way

If the ranger/mage does more damage to the mob/player than the fighter , ranger should get the bag. Its not abuse if he is safe "zone" , the skill is that way

I totally agree with Xanthus and I don’t understand the “abuse” accusations. I can say, that right now, all fighters are abusing me. I’ve PINed dragon, wasted 140 arrows, he is only 200HP and …. BUM! A red tagged fighter comes, one slash, one ROP and he has the drop. In my opinion gather should work the same for all ways of killing (melee/bow/magic) if you DO most of the damage you get the drop. Simple and fair. There will be no place for abuse since still, skilled fighter will make more damage to monster then a ranger (I doubt that even with PK arrows I could do more damage to Mara then for example Talloth or ATA).

I totally agree with Xanthus and I don’t understand the “abuse” accusations. I can say, that right now, all fighters are abusing me. I’ve PINed dragon, wasted 140 arrows, he is only 200HP and …. BUM! A red tagged fighter comes, one slash, one ROP and he has the drop. In my opinion gather should work the same for all ways of killing (melee/bow/magic) if you DO most of the damage you get the drop. Simple and fair. There will be no place for abuse since still, skilled fighter will make more damage to monster then a ranger (I doubt that even with PK arrows I could do more damage to Mara then for example Talloth or ATA).

A skilled ranger can and does do more damage!

IMO the way it is right now should stay like it is.

Abuse situations:

*Big team fighting a Mare Bulangiu... rangers could steal the drop to the meele fighters.

*In Bethel invasions the rangers with full AP pots will get the drops, while the new ranger will get nothing, discouraging new people to introduce in this skill.

*From yesterday, after Invasion's Day: i saw a message in local similar like "it was a nice day to me, i bugjumped 4 ACs and a Jegos!" (will make bagjumping easier).

*Automatic picking the bag of the PKer in DPA ranging kills. (assuming this "thing" [as Radu named it] still works).

Edited by dipi

Abuse situations:

*Big team fighting a Mare Bulangiu... rangers could steal the drop to the meele fighters.

*In Bethel invasions the rangers with full AP pots will get the drops, while the new ranger will get nothing, discouraging new people to introduce in this skill.

*From yesterday, after Invasion's Day: i saw a message in local similar like "it was a nice day to me, i bugjumped 4 ACs and a dragon!" (will make bagjumping easier).

*Automatic picking the bag of the PKer in DPA ranging kills. (assuming this "thing" [as Radu named it] still works).

1. ranger does more damage he can get the drop inho , why should tank take it? I mean the tank if he doesnt break anything he has a good profit, ranger using pking arrows at castys might waste 1k of them

2. About the second, i dont understand what u say , i mean if i am a fighter and i fight alongside with a pr0 doesnt he get the drops, even tho i am tanking it since a am lower a/d? Why should it be different for ranging

3. Medallion works since u do more damage, so if u do, u get the bag

4. assuming it still the feature works at DPA and u die leaving a bag , why should some1 else take it and not the one that killed you :icon13:

Since ranging is in the game we should not put it aside because u dont know how to deal with it, its a hard and expensive skill to level , so i think a skilled ranger should get the drop he deserves .

Dipi, I will remind you once more. The bag lands in hands of a person that does the biggest damage, not the killing shoot/hit. So it is unfair for all rangers now, that their bags are picked up by running fighters. So please stop calling fair way of getting bags as abusing. I wonder how would you feel if after 5min of shooting at mob someone will take your bag.

Since ranging is in the game we should not put it aside because u dont know how to deal with it, its a hard and expensive skill to level , so i think a skilled ranger should get the drop he deserves .

Sorry, but the point that "gatherer med should work with ranging because leveling ranging is hard and expensive" seems bogus.

Tailoring is also a "hard and expensive" skill to level, and no-one promised that you will get rich fast by either of the skills....

---

Question: if there would be only melee fighters all without Gatherer Med's wouldn't it still be the person who did the most damage that would step on the creatures bag when the creature is killed? If so then in only melee combat having or not having a gatherer med only changes the fact that you don't have to click twice on the getAll button.

But if Gatherer Med would work for rangers - the bag would be fetched to a safe distance without the killer ever being in any danger.

That's my logic on this matter (Too low level at both A/D and ranging to have any real experience on the matter)

Edit:

But yes, Xanthus, I agree that it would not make BJ easier because still the person who made the most damage would get the bag, and all other fighters just have to hope that the person that did the most damage is kind enough to share the loot with other fighters (It's the same as it is now for all rangers - they have to hope that the melee fighter that got the bag shares the loot)

Edited by zalic

hmmm, save distance...well in bethel invasions if friends are on, we share the drops,

someone gets down invisible and grab what he/she can get...

but with ACW or Bula around its impossible so the bags poof after a while...

for this abuse thing ... isn't there a thing whats already there and abused often :

invisibility :whistle:

so when ever a new idea comes on, some start and shout ' aaahhh it can be misused '

the invisibility is abused for to grab harvesters bags, ranger bags and fighter bags ...

and look into bug postings .... about one guy who manage to jump on a bag before gather works :o

so before we get a new item how about getting a better community :whistle:

btw, errrm when i'm in bethel, the drops never cover the costs...but its just nice to get

something back, even if its only 100 gc or so...its the company of the others, building a team

sometimes the excitement of getting the drops and the xp brings me to bethel :bow_arrow:

and yes, the gather medallion is for lazy people i think, just fighting and don't have to click on the bag...

or if you fight more monsters same time, that you get the drops before someone steal them...

so again i don't think its such a big benefit for us rangers...well would be nice to have it - i'm lazzy too ;)

a better protection agains TS monsters and thieves i would like more

well only my thoughts

...well in bethel invasions if friends are on, we share the drops,

That is true, sometimes honorable fighters (or friends, guild mates) share the loot with team. But no one is saying that if ranger (with medallion) gets the drop he/she won’t share it. Well I would share it! This is obvious that without help of fighter/tanker (I am not talking about Bethel spot) would be even possible to range the mob. But in other cases (now I am talking about Bethel spot), when BJers are lurking, this medallion would be awesome to have.

...well in bethel invasions if friends are on, we share the drops,

That is true, sometimes honorable fighters (or friends, guild mates) share the loot with team. But no one is saying that if ranger (with medallion) gets the drop he/she won’t share it. Well I would share it! This is obvious that without help of fighter/tanker (I am not talking about Bethel spot) would be even possible to range the mob. But in other cases (now I am talking about Bethel spot), when BJers are lurking, this medallion would be awesome to have.

yes :bow_arrow:

but how often are we off to reload while ranging a giant, dragon or bula...

so how to implement that...what if the 'big' crature is killed before the one with most

damage joins again ? what if a 'thief' come in invisible, watching by fortune we get the

last HP down and jump on it like morath does ?

what i mean with 'no benefit' is...the effort to program such a medallion is huge...

special if a fighter with gather med get the last hit, there would be a lagging while

server calculates whom to give the bag and while this a bagjumper has time to grab it...

i think its still better benefit to think about tactics or teams .... not always trust in a

magical amulet ...

well but still i would love to have such thing, would save me a lot of ttr in isca fortress :whistle:

Just something to think about - if a group of rangers and one or two tanks kill a bulangiu or whatever, you can see who got the drop (and now we know what the drop is too because it's spammed in orange, thanks radu :bow_arrow: ) even if they used a gatherer med, because the melee fighter who dealt the most damage will still walk onto the square where the monster was, however if a ranger could magically get all the loot to his inventory he could scam everyone, because no one can prove who did or didn't get the drop.

My personal opinion anyway is that it doesn't make sense for items to be magicked through the air and into your pocket just because you shot a creature with your bow and arrow.

Edited by extrapolation