Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Water Shader Quality control

The Water Shader Quality control is on the main Video controls panel, yet is dependent on the state of the FramBuffer control on the AdvVideo panel. To prevent confusion in peoplenot understanding why they can't change the WaterShader control, it should be placed AFTER the FrameBuffer control at a minimum.

Maybe put it directly under the frame buffer and gray it out if the frame buffer is turned off?

If there is anything else that depends on the frame buffer, perhaps there could be a "Requires Frame Buffer Usage" section containing those items and have all of them grayed out if the frame buffer support is turned off.

I think we actually need to take a look at reorganizing the entire config menu..i'ts such a mess and hard to find things. Hard for newbies.

I think we actually need to take a look at reorganizing the entire config menu..i'ts such a mess and hard to find things. Hard for newbies.

Would also be nice if that process would include commenting the options in el.ini (the oldest ones still come with a description, the "new" ones don't).

If we want to avoid scrolling the window or increasing the size, we'll have to move something off the "Advanced tab". How about we move the two distance related options to the details tab to make this room? Alternatively, we could move the frame buffer toggle to the video tab rather than move the shader option.

Either way, should this change be made before the release?

Edited by bluap