Eternal Lands Official Forums
ChrisC

New spells for "polymorphing"

I hear people talking about other games where you can cast a spell or whatever and turn into a creature or animal, and people always bitch about not having enough spells. So, would it be possible to get spells that can morph you into different types of creatures?

Examples:

Rat: Harder to see, so could be an advantage in different things

Yeti: Gives a higher defence or armor rating, but a chance to turn back to normal state

ect. ect. ect.

what do you think?

It's an interesting idea.. I think it would be cool to have summoning stones for unique elemental creatures, golems and the like. you could only have one active at a time, but instead of losing life each minute like summons (or whatever the interval is, i don't summon) they would have an upkeep, like creature food for mules/pheonix. there could be different types, some would heal you, or fight, or give you some type of bonus/advantage. and like the mule/pheonix, there would be levels. so the level/power of the "familiar" or "servant" creature/spirit would increase, perhaps it could change appearance and change abilites and/or bonuses, or those abilities/bonuses could become more powerful. For example an ice imp that attacks for cold damage, or a golem similar to a gargoyle in appearance who doesn't fight but raises the toughness and might of the player, or whoever was within a certain distance of it. Another example is a scorpion or ghostly creature who does poison damage in attacking.

There could be a variety, and the stones would only be available from 2-3 npc's in Irilion & maybe the $ shop.

Hopefully this isn't deemed off-topic, i think it's related :)

Err.. I assume you know of the mule and phoenix glyphs/morphs already.

Seeing as those are already glyphs and along the same concept/idea, why do you think they'll be better in a spell format given the precedent that exists.

well, problem with mule glyphs is the price, plus a new item keeps getting put into the game, if it were spells, it wouldnt need the creature food for it, or glyphs. the spell jsut wheres off after a period of time,, depending on the monster and the ess used to cast the spell. the creature food should just be used for the mule imo, wth does a pheonix need to eat?

Hmm....Would be quite neat to be able to polymorph into different creatures I suppose...maybe you can think and put up any probable details of the idea? (expand on it, levels, skills needed, reagents? sigils maybe? time limit?) Maybe if you expand your idea in a bit more detail people would be more inclined to look into the idea :)

Note though, using magic spells for polymorph might be a disaster - you might need high magic level with alot of mana to polymorph into something (coupled with alot of reagents)..and only last for 10~20secs.....

Edited by eadricng

Hmm....Would be quite neat to be able to polymorph into different creatures I suppose...maybe you can think and put up any probable details of the idea? (expand on it, levels, skills needed, reagents? sigils maybe? time limit?) Maybe if you expand your idea in a bit more detail people would be more inclined to look into the idea :)

Note though, using magic spells for polymorph might be a disaster - you might need high magic level with alot of mana to polymorph into something (coupled with alot of reagents)..and only last for 10~20secs.....

Ok... lets say

Polymorph into a Rat:

Magic lv 10

mana 30

reagents: life, change, matter, spirit

polymorphs you into a rat, making you smaller for ~30 sec

Ogre:

magic lv 35

mana 50

reagents: life, change, matter, earth

polymorphs you into an ogre, slightly higher a/d, higher carring capacity? for 20 secs

Yeti:

magic lv 50

mana 60

reagents: life, change, matter, death

polymorphs you into a yeti, giving you slightly higher a/d and higher armor rating for 30 secs?

not sure about the essence cost, but that seem a bit better?

EDIT: wanted to also mention this could probably be done with a small update, bcus we could use the animations and looks of the creatures, so roja will be happy with this :)

Edited by ChrisC

How do you not get that this is already implemented? what would be shapeshifting good for if there was cheaper way to get the same/very similiar effect?

And it would be easier just to make glyphs/food cheaper...

The creature food is there so that not everybody is phoenix...since this game is not the one where you can do anything you want after playing a month

Finally,even if there was a cheaper way to come with,I think that you could stick with shapeshifting and just change the food needed;)