Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update 190 preliminary test

Hi i found 2 bugs prolly the 1st one is a known one:

1. Isca store west side door doesnt work, the other works fine

2. Kane is inside the boat that goes from dp to ws. To enter u have to use a metal part below the wheel. This metal part doesnt exist on new graphics functional or non functional... So there is no way to enter with new graphics afaik

2. Kane is inside the boat that goes from dp to ws. To enter u have to use a metal part below the wheel. This metal part doesnt exist on new graphics functional or non functional... So there is no way to enter with new graphics afaik

There's a little door on the boat with an anchor symbol on it. Clicking it teleports you inside the boat (works on test server only atm)

Is it just me (and my ISP) or does the new client makes the grue more hungry?

Usually with the old client i get some trouble with resyncs and sometime with the grue around 20:00, but thats it then.

Now, with the new client, the grue gets me every day 3, 4, 5 times during the whole evening.

Do other players have such problems too with the new client?

Piper

Hard to tell, I didn't time any of the performance factors yet. Might just be me and my 10-years old system :) , but from what the frame rate told me when I was testing the new maps, the new client seems to be hungrier for resources as far as the CPU/GPU time is concerned. I didn't check memory usage, however.

Naralik: in the house at [131,59] is a hole in the ground, inside the house the compass gives "You are in Naralik [55,15]".

EDIT: In Tahraji Desert at 192, 164 is a rock that is missing the east edge (i.e. looking west it's see-through).

EDIT2: Tahraji Desert at 170, 267: the texture on top of the balustrade next to the gargoyle statue flickers, looks like there's two pieces stacked on top of one another (floor part flickers too, under lower angle).

EDIT3: Carmien Manor around 51, 171 the walls on both sides don't meet the floor (holes/empty space), same on the stairs at 63, 167.

EDIT4: Carmien Manor the whole "dark brown beach" has a (minor) border issue (go to 173, 133, look north and use lowest angle to see what I mean; low as in "camera" close to the ground). edit: this goes also for the other "brown beach" south of that position.

EDIT5: CM again: at 137, 146 I can look through a gap in the wall and see the cellar beyond, I'm sure that's not intended.

EDIT6: CM looking south at 153, 17: the wall rock is floating (actually looks like it was moved south by accident, there's a gap on the side as well, and there's another gap at 177,15

EDIT7: CM: Can see other rooms through gap at 130, 65 and 115, 75 (and the exit door at 99, 78 is partially in the wall, i think I saw that above though)

I hope I don't have many doubles in there, sorry if so.

Edited by Ermabwed

Is it just me (and my ISP) or does the new client makes the grue more hungry?

Usually with the old client i get some trouble with resyncs and sometime with the grue around 20:00, but thats it then.

Now, with the new client, the grue gets me every day 3, 4, 5 times during the whole evening.

Do other players have such problems too with the new client?

Piper

Hard to tell, I didn't time any of the performance factors yet. Might just be me and my 10-years old system :) , but from what the frame rate told me when I was testing the new maps, the new client seems to be hungrier for resources as far as the CPU/GPU time is concerned. I didn't check memory usage, however.

FPS limiting at a point where you'd never or rarely have rendering EL's graphics taking up 100% of your CPU is a good idea, it might help prevent grue'ing.

There's a little door on the boat with an anchor symbol on it. Clicking it teleports you inside the boat (works on test server only atm)

Considering it is now for part of a quest and has an npc that adds background, I imagine it was decided that it was no longer to be taboo to talk about it or make it a secret entrance.

If you talk to this npc on test, the wording probably no longer says he is surprised you managed to get in. It did once.

So......I imagine that is not a bug. At any rate, at least now it is tested.

Nordcarn Cavern 120,182 there's a floating piece of iron ore. Also: the "water tunnel" in the east wall (next to that brick wall): the water doesn't extend through the tunnel, looking at it on the left side is a piece of rock missing (one sees a black patch), it's kind of buggy on the right side as well.

At 101,61 part of the wall poke through the rock in two places (can be seen from south east).

Will an announcement be made when there is an "easy version" to test? I would like to help, but didn't feel confident I could install properly according to the initial directions.

It's simple really, backup your EL folder, download this, extract it into your EL folder and when you get asked "these 2 files are the same, overwrite" click yes :medieval: it's pretty much just another 'yes, yes, yes" thing.

It's simple really, backup your EL folder, download this, extract it into your EL folder and when you get asked "these 2 files are the same, overwrite" click yes :medieval: it's pretty much just another 'yes, yes, yes" thing.

Dont forget to delete the /maps AND /3dobjects AND /tiles folders before unzip the file.