Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update 190 preliminary test

(On the test server)

The entry to the crypt in Ruins of Tirnym (map4f.elm) (crypt at ~98,51) doesn't seen to be enter-able.

cont2map2_insides @ ~90,24

small bug

el190_bug-cont2map2_insides.jpg

mapunderworld1 @ ~105,120

Walkable tiles needs fixing up a bit.

el190_bug-mapunderworld1.jpg

a couple on map5nf_insides @ ~62,165

door obscured

el190_bug-map5nf_insides-1.jpg

benches overlapping (flickers when camera moves)

el190_bug-map5nf_insides-2.jpg

Check your settings. I think you're on the main server (you can see the bot in the background, which isn't there on test).

Works for me on the test server. Sort of... I don't fall through the floor like in the vid, but I can't enter TG sto either: "Go to the doorstep and then click on the door to get inside". Problem is, I can't get any closer to the door than in the image. The mouse cursor does turn into a door icon this time.

wrx6du.jpg

If you turn the camera to look into the house, you can guess where the old storage walls must have been. You can see the doorstep, the vines, books, barrels and crates.

2v8hhlg.jpg

Also I noticed that the mouse cursor turns into a door for the whole building, not just the door.

Minor thing again, here a door gets eaten by a wall. This is in the kitchen of the Last Punch Tavern & Inn in WSC. After you enter the kitchen through the door behind the counter, it's gone when you turn around. In the image below, I should be facing the kitchen exit.

12385fs.jpg

Again, if you turn the camera to see the other side of the door, you can see the door and leave.

Also, in front of the tavern, the tavern sign is stuck in the door :)

WSC [84,685]

2ues66u.jpg

Edited by wage

FEATURES += ITEM_LIST

This should be ITEM_LISTS, i guess.

Well, at least i can already log on :)

Piper

Edit:

(On Test server)

A logical error: The door of the NC storage outside is 2 times bigger than the door inside.

The sign of the Portland Magic Apple Tavern & Inn sticks through the roof (179,108)

The door in the hut in Grubani does not show the door cursor, only when you move the cursor over the frame of the door, you can see (and leave the hut) door cursor. "You are in Grubani Peninsula [66,41] (inside) and "You are in Grubani Peninsula [18,247] just in front of the hut.

Same at the Omiomlor Meeting Hut, You are in Grubani Peninsula - Omlinor [289,87]

And there seems to be a typo: Omiomlor Meeting hut - Omlinor

Same at the hut at 292,76 (It seems like nobody is here), can't click on the door, only on the door frame. While the door in the hut which says "Just some old books in here" works fine.

Logical error: The house in Portland [95,56] has a 2nd door inside, which would just lead to the city wall.

Edited by The_Piper

More door bugs on MM Map (main server) :)

This one is in the MM fort tavern. I'm stuck and need to tele out from here! Note the multiple EDITs below...MM Map seems to be the worst for this door bug

th_MMMap2-Storehasnodoortoexit.jpg

EDIT: there are more buildings, including the general store, within the MM fort that have the same 'door' bug. You can go in but can't exit. The Gen/Tavern floors have terrible floor flicker as well.

EDIT: the three tribal buildings (You are in Morcraven Marsh [138,267]) have same 'door' bug...you can enter but can not exit. :(

EDIT: MM Blacksmith's has same door bug...can enter but can't exit.

EDIT: Note the above main server bugs do not appear to be present on the test server therefore are NOT bugs :pickaxe:

Edited by marack

Marack, please read the instructions...test the doors on the TEST SERVER, if they still don't work THEN they're a bug...

Marack, please read the instructions...test the doors on the TEST SERVER, if they still don't work THEN they're a bug...

I went to the Test Server and the door bugs are NOT present.

However, the bad floor flicker remains for the MM tavern and general store within the fort.

Sorry about that...I'll update my previous post.

More door bugs on MM Map (main server) :)

This one is in the MM fort tavern. I'm stuck and need to tele out from here! Note the multiple EDITs below...MM Map seems to be the worst for this door bug

th_MMMap2-Storehasnodoortoexit.jpg

EDIT: there are more buildings, including the general store, within the MM fort that have the same 'door' bug. You can go in but can't exit. The Gen/Tavern floors have terrible floor flicker as well.

EDIT: the three tribal buildings (You are in Morcraven Marsh [138,267]) have same 'door' bug...you can enter but can not exit. :pickaxe:

EDIT: In 'Battle Hall' some interior doors only work 'one-way'.

EDIT: MM Blacksmith's has same door bug...can enter but can't exit.

Edited by marack

When I am on my tab map I can right click and it makes a yellow X. if you type and press enter it will set it as a map marker. In this case it came out black rather than the normal green.

el2010022423490479.jpg

Older looking dock and feet are under/in the dock~ Portland

el2010022422081050.jpg

The boat is missing :~( And I know I have reflections turned on but I'm not seeing them :~S

el2010022423532017.jpg

Hope this helps. Many thanks for all the hard work by everyone involved :~)

~bug

I'm using a cvs compile for my 64 bit linux system. When moving (either stepping or rotating in place), stdout (which is spit out in the console window from which EL is started) is spammed with messages like the following (one such message per step or rotation):

CMD: 23 at 0...

591---------> DOING: 23 -----------[23-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-]

596, rot: 0

The above was output from one step:

(from) You are in Glacmor - Wave Neck [79,355]

(to) You are in Glacmor - Wave Neck [80,354]

Similarly, rotating in place in VotD (on the test server, and where I have no map markers) yields the following:

CMD: 15 at 0...

7337---------> DOING: 15 -----------[15-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-]

7345, rot: 0

I can avoid seeing this by sending ( > ) stdout to /dev/null, however I can feel the stuttering/sluggishness caused by processing whatever it is outputting these messages. Another linux user confirmed the same phenomenon.

I'd be happy to move this post to another thread, if more applicable. This may just be the result of extra debugging info in cvs - I'm not quite sure.

Edit: Pula's Tavern on Isla Prima (on the test server)

Exiting from inside drops out at: You are in Isla Prima [58,124] This is on the side of the tavern, sort of an illogical spot.

Location of the door is: You are in Isla Prima [66,134]. I'd think the exit would be closer to here.

Edited by asgnny

Another linux user confirmed the same phenomenon.

I can confirm it as well, and also had concerns about the performance impact.

I just figured it was debugging that'd been intentionally, temporarily left on.

I'm using a cvs compile for my 64 bit linux system. When moving (either stepping or rotating in place), stdout (which is spit out in the console window from which EL is started) is spammed with messages like the following (one such message per step or rotation):
CMD: 23 at 0...

591---------> DOING: 23 -----------[23-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-]

596, rot: 0

The above was output from one step:

(from) You are in Glacmor - Wave Neck [79,355]

(to) You are in Glacmor - Wave Neck [80,354]

Ehm...yes, those are debugging messages for the new attached actors features (fight and range on horse). Will be removed (as the "Emote Command" console message) just before the update.

All around mapportalroom (c1 portals) there's ledges that don't appear to have a top and u can only see the side closest to the camera... idk exactly if it's a bug, but looks weird.

el190_bug-mapportalroom.jpg

AA Storage, the brown fur/rug is cut off on the west side.

Approx location:

You are in Inside a building [28,31]

map hash: e45a90e9c5c2c443a85a52d14322b3e9 ./maps/cont2map12_insides.elm

I can grab a screenie later if desired. I see this issue both on main and test.

AA Storage, the brown fur/rug is cut off on the west side.

Approx location:

You are in Inside a building [28,31]

map hash: e45a90e9c5c2c443a85a52d14322b3e9 ./maps/cont2map12_insides.elm

I can grab a screenie later if desired. I see this issue both on main and test.

You are in Inside a building [29,33]

e45a90e9c5c2c443a85a52d14322b3e9 ./maps/cont2map12_insides.elm

Notable issues:

Fur rug on the floor is cut off on the west side ("down" in this screenshot)

Steel two edged sword clips through the bookshelf (top left)

Silver ore clips through the bookshelf (top center)

med_gallery_8208_12_27400.jpeg

On the test server on Isla Prima, if you leave Pula's Tavern, you end up behind it in position [58,124]

Welcome to Pula's Tavern

You are in Isla Prima Insides - Pula's Tavern [18,13]

You are in Isla Prima [58,124]

Welcome to Pula's Tavern

Welcome to Pula's Tavern

Spots in thelinor

thel-spot1A.jpg

cut off grass, flickers

thel-spot1B.jpg

same spot from another angle looks right

thel-spot2A.jpg

rock invisible from this side

thel-spot2B.jpg

visible from this side

thel-spot3.jpg

line going across

thel-spot4A.jpg

another invis rock, again visible from the other side (2nd screenshot omitted)

Willowvine spots

wv-summon-inside.jpg

door is hidden inside the wall, sticks out a little

wv-summon-outside.jpg

door is hidden inside wall

wv-tranquil-outside-door-in-wall.jpg

door is inside wall, setting the angle lets you see the door and still get in

Zirakinbar

zirak-spot1.jpg

The grass is floating in the air here

I noticed the filesize for instance_mountain.elm.gz was significantly smaller than my copy from the backed up folder. Since there was a problem with that file last time, I asked asgnny to take me there tonight on test to check it. We found that the map seemed incomplete. It seemed to be redone, but no vegetation added, no smoothing of changes from one ground surface to another, etc, etc.

I think this means people should not do the mountain instance (80-100) with the test client, is that correct? Is it ok to just remove the new mountain elm file and replace it with the old?

I don't think the old one will work, since the path to the artwork changed. So when you do the instances, try to play from the backup folder (and also make sure to change the data dir).

Not sure is this is a bug, im posting just to let redu/roja aware of that (if they doesnt knows already)

when you turn the camera, the shadow moves...

shadowbug.jpg

did a fast search looking for shadow bug related stuff but didnt see anything alike.

Edited by Tico