Eternal Lands Official Forums
dig

More members for eternal lands

I have recently played a game www.evony.com and it has recently gained over 16million paying customers because of there advertisment. They advertise there game with pictures that are appealing to all types on almost every website they can get an advertisment. radu u should look into advertising this game more so u can gain more money and we can gain more people to make the game fun

http://advertiser.cubics.com/

http://www.advertiseyourgame.com/index.php?view=advertise

http://www.toprpgames.com/

a few ways to advertise try it see how it works cant hurt

Edited by nitto

I have recently played a game www.evony.com and it has recently gained over 16million paying customers because of there advertisment. They advertise there game with pictures that are appealing to all types on almost every website they can get an advertisment. radu u should look into advertising this game more so u can gain more money and we can gain more people to make the game fun

Some advertising has been done. However, sadly, the cost for spamming the internet with adds like Evony did, costs mega bucks. I never played that game, and dont surf a lot of on line games, but I saw that add at least 500 times my self.

Remember Eternal lands is not a big multi national coorperation with the millions of dollars of capital needed for that type of add compain.

Looter and I chated a while back with the idea of using face book to spread the word. This can be done for free. Post a small video for your friends to see, if the make comments, then the others will see the comments etc. There are other things that may be done I suppose.

Great thread to post ideas in (though I think this thread is a repeat without searching)

i tryed searching and didnt see anything sorry if its repeat but its a big issue imo

yes evony has millions to advertise but we can do and yea facebook is a good idea also there is the idea were like in evony they give rewards for people they recruit im sure radu can give a little reward to us if we recruit someone in game they can moniter ip's so people dont cheat etc and make a minimum for each person just have a registration link with are name by it?

we can start with small advertisment and work are way up

for instance we invite 1 person they join we get x reward and for every month for up to 3 months we get rewards monthly for them playing and after 3 months they will be hooked it would attract alot of people im sure

Edited by nitto

hah yes they have but im sure we can work out some deal for us to do the same its advertising no ones complaining

i tryed searching and didnt see anything sorry if its repeat but its a big issue imo

yes evony has millions to advertise but we can do and yea facebook is a good idea also there is the idea were like in evony they give rewards for people they recruit im sure radu can give a little reward to us if we recruit someone in game they can moniter ip's so people dont cheat etc and make a minimum for each person just have a registration link with are name by it?

we can start with small advertisment and work are way up

for instance we invite 1 person they join we get x reward and for every month for up to 3 months we get rewards monthly for them playing and after 3 months they will be hooked it would attract alot of people im sure

The issue with recuriting is easy, the hard part is keeping members for long periods of time

So be nice to the new players you meet. Help them find their feet

There are some players that are online in FB almost whole day (including me)

I think the FB users can do something for advertisement. Someone created Eternal Lands group in facebook but only a little joined. Feel free to add me on FB, name is Mert Kaddy Sevim. (please post your ingame name too)

I'll try to post videos as many as I can from now on, I would love to see other facebook users doing it, too. You can pm me the links of your video's so that I can post your videos too (for non facebook players)

Would love to help the advertisement.

-Kaddy

The issue with recuriting is easy, the hard part is keeping members for long periods of time

This is very true. There are new players entering the game every day, but most don't stay. Older players, at least on the channels we're active on now, aren't very friendly to newbies anymore. The help channels, sure, but if they get on 4, no one is there except for a few die-hard players recruiting for their guilds. If a newbie happens to find the market channel and posts a newbie ad like "Selling 207 fire essence 10 gold each" they get a number of "lol" "wtf" and ":confused:" replies. And god help them if they stumble onto channel 6.

I know this isn't always the case, but I really think if we are more tolerant of "newbie behavior," it would go a long way to growing the playerbase.

well i hate runescape its not a very good game but there starting process is excelent maybe if we have a tutorial where they start and take steps to learn every skill and its capabilities maybe we would have a better chance of attracting them instead of throwing them in with nothing to do im sure we can make a tutorial for them it wont be hard and it will be worth it

well i hate runescape its not a very good game but there starting process is excelent maybe if we have a tutorial where they start and take steps to learn every skill and its capabilities maybe we would have a better chance of attracting them instead of throwing them in with nothing to do im sure we can make a tutorial for them it wont be hard and it will be worth it

Great idea..I wonder why Radu didnt make a tutorial npc, or have some quests

Oh Wiat :confused:

haha well there is always room to make one we can implants ideas for it etc and hope the designers maybe work on something radu try it

This is very true. There are new players entering the game every day, but most don't stay. Older players, at least on the channels we're active on now, aren't very friendly to newbies anymore. The help channels, sure, but if they get on 4, no one is there except for a few die-hard players recruiting for their guilds. If a newbie happens to find the market channel and posts a newbie ad like "Selling 207 fire essence 10 gold each" they get a number of "lol" "wtf" and ":confused:" replies. And god help them if they stumble onto channel 6.

I know this isn't always the case, but I really think if we are more tolerant of "newbie behavior," it would go a long way to growing the playerbase.

since when is it up to a community to entertain a player instead of the game itself? Oo

since when is it up to a community to entertain a player instead of the game itself? Oo

The game is tough to start, and can get a little discouraging for people who are starting from scratch, without all the knowledge required. What a new person that doesn't end up on unofficial forums to buy a character needs is usually some guidance from one or several experienced players, and the least they need to is be made an ass off when trying to find out about things or when trying to sell their first 500 FEs for which they muled all the sulfur with their 80 EMU.

I have been using FB for a few months now to simply spam things like "playing my favourite game give it a try at http://www.eternal-lands.com/ its awsome" it got a couple of new players and a couple of old players back, imagine to possibilties if everyone did the same :confused:

From experience EL is not newbie friendly and it doesnt hurt to help them out some, im always doing it, in fact my whole guild does its fair share to help too. It isnt up to the comunnity to do this, no one is saying you must entertain newbies Infamous but for those that like to ...

It is possible to sign up for FB advertising and can set the limit of hits, why not set up some system where players can donate a small amount of $ especially for advertising then radu could set up official FB advertising and see how it goes, if it doesnt work out np, but theres a chance it will fetch 100's of new players. Im willing to put 10 usd to such a venture im sure others would too.

It is possible to sign up for FB advertising and can set the limit of hits, why not set up some system where players can donate a small amount of $ especially for advertising then radu could set up official FB advertising and see how it goes, if it doesnt work out np, but theres a chance it will fetch 100's of new players. Im willing to put 10 usd to such a venture im sure others would too.

I would donate specifically to an advertising fund.

This is very true. There are new players entering the game every day, but most don't stay. Older players, at least on the channels we're active on now, aren't very friendly to newbies anymore. The help channels, sure, but if they get on 4, no one is there except for a few die-hard players recruiting for their guilds. If a newbie happens to find the market channel and posts a newbie ad like "Selling 207 fire essence 10 gold each" they get a number of "lol" "wtf" and ":)" replies. And god help them if they stumble onto channel 6.

Wow, read much? :) If a player doesn't find the gameplay and the anticipation of earning xp/gc/items over time entertaining, it's a given they won't last long. That's not what I said.

This is very true. There are new players entering the game every day, but most don't stay. Older players, at least on the channels we're active on now, aren't very friendly to newbies anymore. The help channels, sure, but if they get on 4, no one is there except for a few die-hard players recruiting for their guilds. If a newbie happens to find the market channel and posts a newbie ad like "Selling 207 fire essence 10 gold each" they get a number of "lol" "wtf" and ":)" replies. And god help them if they stumble onto channel 6.

Wow, read much? :) If a player doesn't find the gameplay and the anticipation of earning xp/gc/items over time entertaining, it's a given they won't last long. That's not what I said.

dont say anything about my reading when yours fails, take a look at the bolded parts

basicly your whole post came down to the community needing to be more tolerant towards newbies, as reply to wizzy's post about helping them

the last bolded part says it would go a long way if we (the community) help out newbies, or be more tolerant towards them..

its not up to players to attract new people, show them around, or keep them playing.. thats up to the game

jsut saying that newbies should be able to find their way around more easy, up to the game to make them familiar with things.

and if channel 4 or 6 got nothing better to do then bashing newbies then thats a sad thing, get more things to do in game that require more from a player then push a mouse button with one hand and wank with the other while watching a bit of TV

in the end more interesting things to do that require attention would boost playerbase, keep newbies playing, and keep oldbies from bashing newbies

and with things that require attention i dont mean something like mini events making you stare at the screen all the time without doing much

another edit: and if the game creator is lol'ing at everyone who loses a rosto, and demanding rosto's all the time thats not very good thing to increase player base either

Edited by Infamous

Whatever your other issues are with the game, my point was simply that players in general could be nicer to newbies, not that it's your or my responsibility to attract or entertain players. So you think adding new content or adjusting radu's personality would also help, great.

You know what I'm talking about, but I think you just found this thread as another opportunity to rant about things you dislike. You were among those who were helpful to the newbie in this thread while some others found it a good place to increase their post count and fail at comedy.

the main idea of this is to help advertise and get more people y not a mysace blog also or twitter or any other things like that i know we can get more members just have to work at it

the main idea of this is to help advertise and get more people y not a mysace blog also or twitter or any other things like that i know we can get more members just have to work at it

Yes, your idea is good.

Why not do it, use your facebook accounts to make EL more popular.

Gossip even has a twitter account, feel free to create your own and use it to advertise.

Why not post in game forums about EL, this all is something every player can do.

And, of course, the most important thing: be nice to newbies and help them!

If players really want to help newbies, just spend some time on IP and *HELP* them. So they will stay in game for a longer time and not log off because of frustration. :)

Piper

We can also support a recruiting guild for the newbies (that can be joinable only below 20 level -opposite of regular guilds-) so we can have some helpful people who can give a hand to those who are new to the game. I would actually support them with gc or items if it was implemented.

-Kaddy :)

Edited by Kaddy

We can also support a recruiting guild for the newbies (that can be joinable only below 20 level -opposite of regular guilds-) so we can have some helpful people who can give a hand to those who are new to the game. I would actually support them with gc or items if it was implemented.

-Kaddy :)

Ilike the idea of a guild new players can join to learn the ropes

Though who has the patince to be the rank 20?